Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42362 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 52) Roll to get rolling: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2018, 01:18:44 am »

"Ehhh," Cyfraith mumbles.

"I'm just a visitor passing on through this world. I thought I would help this canine fellow here, but the when I saw such a bright opportunity to learn something I couldn't help myself."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 53) Roll to annoy a dragon: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #436 on: August 15, 2018, 10:42:35 am »

Roll 53
----

Mercenary 1

As Daxon goes to investigate the desk, you make your way to the other side of the room, careful to not slip into the pool. This part is somewhat smaller than the other and as you glance around you notice a wooden chest along with two blue pots crammed into a corner to you left and two uninteresting-looking plants right next to you. There's nothing to give you a clue about the paintings from earlier, although the chest may have something that could help.

Well, if you can open it without getting sent to Hell and back again.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"... Y-yes, your skull is e-empty, I suppose." Vanina replies after another brief pause. "Empty..." she mumbles, lowering her head, suddenly thoughtful; She quickly returns her attention to you, however.
"Oh, right. So you want to see the witch of Zulle..." the woman then says, more to herself than you. "I've never heard of her, but I guess we can accompany each other until you get there. To where she lives, I mean." she adds before glancing at the longsword strapped on your back. "So, are we leaving now?" she asks and you answer her with a nod. "Alright."

Without wasting any more time, you, Vanina and Cordelia, who decided to perch on your skull again, set out through the eastern exit of the village. The road here is considerably wider and looks well travelled, with a few broken wheel trails here and there in the dirt and a more pronounced one along the middle.

It doesn't take you long to reach two people standing beside a cart being smashed up by thick tree roots. One of them, an elf wearing good looking attire, is screaming at the other, a tall humanoid figure covered in a flowing hooded dark purple robe.
"By Yveen, I'll give you anything, just stop it! Please!" the former hollers, punching at the figure when they don't respond. They don't even flinch at the hit.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Vanina

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Well, I think it's pretty necessary when your or others' life is at risk." Nez'gol replies, continuing to stare at you. "Guess I don't really think about the things I kill when it's justified." he adds as you feel Sparky shift his legs a little in your lap.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Skipped, see Roll 51.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"The red werewolf?" the dragoness inquires, pointing with her tail towards Brussian.

"Y-yes, indeed. She is helping me make a potion to turn me back into an elf." the canine in question explains. "I can't exactly see." he adds after a moment.

"... Huh." she glances at him before returning her green gaze towards you. "Anyway, let me get this straight: so you took my seed to learn about it and then gave it to that mutt to bury it?" she then asks, her tone's edge giving you that strange feeling from earlier. You also hear a whimper, most probably from Saraqael.
"Don't you dare make that face at me! Your smell was all over the hole!" the dragoness snaps at him, the frills on her head raised slightly.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

"Oh yeah, teleport! Just gimme a moment, will ya?" Kratin replies as the rumbling gets worse. While he's chanting some words you don't understand, you take a quick look around the room. You see that Rosa is picking up the pieces of the white stone she made Diana drop earlier and in a corner you barely notice the scimitar you came here for. You go and pick it up just as the skeleton finishes the teleportation spell.

For a moment you feel like you're hanging in the air and then the next you're back in the large room full of teleportation circles. Kratin is standing uncomfortably close to you, nearly making you stumble and fall when he turns around, and a quick glance reveals that the nereid has followed you here as well.
"Um... w-wh-where are we?" she asks, just as you and the skeleton put a few steps between eachother.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rosa

Kratin
---

Rautherdir

Order 2

You briefly wonder whenever you have internal organs or how you think without a brain, then remember something written in a book you read a... long time ago:

'Since elementals are not truly part of the cycle of nature, they lack any and all biological functions, thus they do not have organs, relying instead on their soul to perceive the world and their element to interact with it. Furthermore, the soul appears to also represent the sum of emotions, memories and feelings of the individual, allowing them to think much like us beings made of flesh and bone.'

You have to admit that the wording sounds a bit weird. In the meantime, you notice that Tyler has turned his back at you and the Archbishop with his hand raised at his mouth and his helemt held in the other. The latter stares at him for a moment, and you swear you see a slight smile form on his snout for a split second, before regarding you and the egg.

"That is not... Not my egg." Vener answers, his expression serious. A brief emotion flashes on his cat-like eyes before continuing. "Not that it matters: the whelp inside is dead." the stern man flinches visibly at this. "I need you to perform a ritual on her; Since you're of opposite elements makes you compatible for it." the dragon explains, still staring at you. "I won't force you, however. Will you do it?" he asks.

---
Enemies:
---
Allies:
---

randomgenericusername
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:18:19 pm by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 15, 2018, 12:13:47 pm »

Fearlessly open the chest like a boss.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 15, 2018, 08:39:42 pm »

"Oh... This is so sad... Yes, I will do it! Just tell me what to do and I'll try my best!"

Agree to perform this ritual. Ask about the details and why would they pick me for it.

Also, Manus ponders for a moment if it is possible for Elementals to have amnesia and forget memories. He was sure he had been here for a long time, yet he couldn't even remember that the archbishop was a dragon.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:49:29 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 16, 2018, 12:15:34 am »

((Sorry about that, forgot to watch the thread))
We are at the first shrine of Indinera, and I believe I will resume waiting here for now

Look around for a bench or something to wait on.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2018, 11:13:02 am »

"So, Nez'gol... where to now? If you don't have any ideas, I'd like to head back over to the ruined city. It does seem like a rather interesting place, albeit dangerous..."
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 17, 2018, 05:17:24 pm »

Nayrous answers the elf. "Ah, gratia! And what circumstances inspire this charity? Is it but the grace of your patron Yveen?"

Nayrous stays afar and sizes up the two new comers for hints on how they might fight.

"Speak! Corvus oculun corvi non eruit, but the hawk's eyes shall count your lies."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:19:00 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2018, 09:02:55 am »

"Seeing as you have been merciful enough not to kill us immediately..." Cyfraith gives a placid smile.

"I feel that carrying it with me would have resulted in me losing my head."

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 54) Roll to troll: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #443 on: September 10, 2018, 12:17:32 am »

Roll 54
----

Mercenary 1

Without hesitation you walk to the corner of the room and put your hand on the chest. You briefly note that despite the lock on the front it is actually unlocked already. Nevertheless, you proceed the lift up the lid, and...

(??: 1)

This receptacle is impure!

(Toothy chest: 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 vs 10 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Parry Nyx)

What you originally thought to be a mere simple wooden device created for with the sole intention of storage in mind, and subsequently intended to plunder for articles of questionable value, is quite shockingly revealed to be a most devilish, perhaps even, if we are to assume that this so-called storage facilitating object would posses some form or another of sentience, conniving, due to the fact that the moment the tip of your phalanges as much as merely touched the material of this would-be ingenious object holder, which can clearly be classified as organic of origin, it snapped it's upper part, which would of course normally be called a lid, although such a term cannot be applied with the primary meaning accurately in this situation, open, revealing numerous rows of razor sharp, white teeth; Well, white in majority at least, considering that you notice in the 'heat of the moment' so to speak a few yellowing ones and even a small, awkward empty spot which can be easily deduced without much need of other evidence that it is a missing tooth.

Nevertheless, this false receptacle uses the set of teeth described just now and the deadly momentary advantage of surprise to launch itself forwards and snap it's 'lid', the term being used in only a figurative way, shut at the two bones of the designation radius and ulna of your left upper limb, near the elbow; You manage, however, in an absolutely impressive display of fast retaliation, to unsheathe both the ancestral inheritance you gained from your late father and the weapon of similar design you have recently found inside this ancient construction from their respective sheaths and place their blades between you and the storage-device-impostor all the while instinctively, a word which is also used figuratively because acquired instincts are stored inside the cerebral cortex, not the matter which comprises your phantasmical self, adopting a solid stance, effectively bracing yourself against this underhanded surprise attack! With all of this, you manage to repel your opponent of questionable appearance's crude attack, pushing it into the opaque soft blue tall pots which concludes with said painted clay objects being shattered with an aggravating sound.

(Just so you don't think I've gone insane: because the dice has rolled a 1, instead of making the mimic more powerful, I decided instead to give your roll one of the terrible writing sins)
---
Enemies:

Toothy chest
---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Your sarcastic remark startles both the elf and the hooded figure.

"E-excuse me, wh-who...?" he looks towards you and Vanina, clearly confused, while the the other remains still as a statue. "O-oh..." he then yelps when the cloaked stranger pushes him onto the dirt. They then chant something with an eerie, echoing voice and the tree roots start retreating into the earth, letting the cart, or whatever remained of it, fall down.

The stranger then turns towards you, and fixates you with a cold glare from under the hood. The only feature not covered by the cloak is the lower part of their face, which seems rather feminine with the thin lips and small chin.

"What a truly odd coincidence." for some reason her voice has a quieter version of the echoing from when she was chanting, and you can hear a softer, female overtone in it. "Exactly when I wondered if there is anyone more corrupted than this fool, you appeared." what should've at least come off as snarky is instead said without a hint of emotion; You can feel, however, aggression emanating from her.

Vanina seems to get the same impression, because she clutches her rod, unease written on her face.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Vanina

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Hey, you pronounced my name correctly! I've never met an outsider that did that on the first try!" Nez'gol remarks, grinning. "Anyway, I guess it's as good an idea as any, to explore the ruins." he then says. "Metrolia, I think?" he adds, then gestures towards the night sky. "But still, it's probably better to wait and explore during the day. Plus, I feel spent after all the fighting we've done today." the lizardman stretches his arms and yawns, revealing his white, pointed teeth. "So, we rest for now and scour those ruins tomorrow. What do you say?" he finally asks.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Skipped, see Roll 51.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"Actually, if you had just taken it with you I would've been in a better mood right now." the dragoness replies towards you before glancing at the two canines. "Slightly." her eyes narrow at them. She appears to contemplate something for a moment before making a shrugging gesture with her wings and then making a slight motion with a claw. The vines that have been restraining all three of you untie themselves and slowly recede into the ground, leaving you floating in the air.

"And anyway, I doubt ripping your head off would've killed you, since you're possessing a doll and all." she adds as you land next to your discarded dress in front of her forearms. Brussian, who was nosing his joints before that while Saraqael seems to want to come over to you but is hesitating, suddenly raises his head and looks at you wide eyed.

"A... doll? As in, a wooden doll?" he asks, his ears and fur perked up in surprise.

"Yep. I think she wears clothes too, if that's her dress lying in the dirt." the mighty reptile adds indifferently.

"I, uh... I see." the were wolf stutters, turning his back at you. You have no idea what has come over him to act like that. "If-If I..." he coughs and shakes his head before turning towards the great reptile. "If I may ask, what exactly happened after your seed was buried?" he finally says.

"Well, planting it somewhere without any runes to guide it's growth will just make the energy kept inside to disperse..." she explains but stops at the red canine's puzzled look. "Basically, it made a lot of weeds grow quickly and that almost strangled the smaller plants I've been growing." she says after taking a moment to compose herself. "Plus having to remove the weeds without damaging the plants, but I've had a few patterns ready for that." she adds, more to herself.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

"F-first shrine...?" Rosa seems to be even more confused by your answer.

"The fella's saying that we're in an Order hideout." Kratin explains as you try looking around for a bench but find none in the room, so you settle with leaning against the wall.

"Wha-What?!" she yelps in surprise. "B-but isn't t-t-t-the Order evil...?" she finally says.

"Nah, they just wanna fix some big wrong that got done a long time ago or... something like that." he replies. "Nothing to worry yerself about." he adds as he walks up to you before taking his ebody scimitar which you picked up earlier.

"Ah, uh... I-I-I mean... um... you d-did s-save me, so... uh..." the fairy stutters, hesitating. Eventually she flies over to you and the skeleton and hands you a white pebble, a piece of the strange stone she made Diana drop, you realize. "For h-helping me... I-it still has s-s-some power." she explains shyly as you take it.

The moment you hold the fragment in your fingers it starts to shine, and you feel a new power surge into you.

Choose one of these upgrades:

- Rush (Electric dash now gives you a buff of +3 speed after use which expires at the end of the next round)
- Lightning fast (Casting overcharged bolt on the first round of a fight costs only 1 major action and doesn't activate the cooldown)
- Thunder-struck (The bonus attack, and attack decay, of Quick Skirmish is doubled for any lightning attack)
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rosa

Kratin
---

Rautherdir

Order 2

Your mind flies off again, thinking about whether you have amnesia or not. You believe that you've been around for a while, despite Tyler calling you 'new', so maybe you were staying in some other Order shrine before being transferred here...?

Not to mention that you can't remember anything at all that was before that night many years ago when you woke up in that underground library.

"Good." Vener's voice wakes you from your reverie. "All you need to do is put your hands on the egg and keep them there. I'll be doing the rest." he explains and you do as he says. Before he begins, however, you ask why you were chosen for this ritual.

"We believe that your lack of... substantial body would ensure the ritual's success." Tyler replies from behind you. You note that he put his helmet back on and is now standing a little further from you.

"Yes. Now, stand still." the dragon orders with a heavy tone. You watch him as he raises his forelegs and starts drawing some sort of large pattern in the air, the tip of his claws leaving an orange glow that lingers in the mist. Before long some other patterns which you didn't notice until now start lighting up with the same orange glow.

It is then that you notice white, ethereal strings coming up from the base of the pedestal the egg is standing on, slithering up on the stone and then it's shell and finally your shadow-y hands. This gives you an uncomfortable sensation, which worsens as the strings start crawling over your arms and reach your chest and neck.

---
Enemies:
---
Allies:
---

randomgenericusername

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 10, 2018, 12:35:12 am »

((When you need to find a way to go over your essay's minimum word count limit  :P ))

Kill this fucking mimic. Try and shake off this deluge of purple prose.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 10, 2018, 01:21:36 am »

"Hisssss. Quiet you speak curses at the tomb of the fenris spirit. What corruption do you speak of? It has been years since the forces of war and blood have pried from me my corruptible member, my flesh, and driven my spirit to the slobbering lips of hell. What does a babbling flesh know about the immortal forms of the dead? Gratia! A great beast of hell laughs!"

Nayrous watches closely, causally preparing to fight grabbing his rod. His old self would like to preempt this potential bandit but he couldn't forgive himself if something happened to Vanina or Cordelia if this stranger turns out to be much more powerful than both of them.

"Ignosce mihi, Vanirillian it was not my bid to gamble your bonny form on roads unsafe." He whispers.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:25:02 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 10, 2018, 06:19:11 am »

"Ouch, that hurts! Wait, where am I? Uh, my arms are stuck in this weird string."

What was I supossed to do again? Out of confusion, try to overpower the strings with my raw magical strenght, trying to drain it's power instead of the other way around.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:17:55 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2018, 12:53:44 pm »

"Oh, don't worry about it. And if you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on doing now?"

Taking Lightning Fast as the upgrade. Continue waiting for the chaplain.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2018, 05:12:09 pm »

"Sounds like a plan. Tomorrow we'll set out for Metrolia."
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2018, 12:43:13 pm »

"In the interest of seeking restitution for the wrong I have unwillingly brought upon your plants," Cyfraith declares as she walks to pick up her dress, head swiveled toward the dragoness to meet her gaze.
"...do you know a being by the name of the 'Grand Commendanter'? It seems he is unpopular."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34