Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42399 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 48) Roll to hide the evidence: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2017, 03:04:41 pm »

"Magister in tenebris, I entreat you, come and be known to my eyes." Nayrous hisses into the near darkness, "Gratis, even the buzzards do me this service."

Nayrous eyes sweep over the chest and the sculpture. It would be most unbecoming of a guest to wrestle his way into a locked chest.

Confirm that the chest is locked and get a better look at the sculpture. Might as well also take a look in the wardrobe.

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 48) Roll to hide the evidence: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #391 on: November 01, 2017, 08:27:44 pm »

Hmmm...
Cyfraith ponders the idea of acquiring a pair of eyes. She'll have to set up a trap sometime after she returns to the village.

"Well then, I imagine you've caught on," she states placidly. "Shall we move?"

Cyfraith wants to get out of here soon. Back to Brussian's place?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 49) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #392 on: November 11, 2017, 06:36:19 pm »

Roll 49
----
Alright, since Rethi hasn't posted for about two weeks now, I will go ahead and skip his turn. (I just hope to God he doesn't think the site is down again)
--

Mercenary 1

For some reason you don't loot the lamias' bodies and instead go on straight downstairs, leaving all the good stuff for your partner to pick from. Anyway, you make it down without much issue, and begin inspecting the room you're in.

You note two golden scepters fixed into the ground flanking the stairs, along with two collumns which were probably the lower part of the ones you saw upstairs, since they went all the way up to the ceiling. Anyway, except for two crates which, suspiciously enough, had their lids and contents removed there was nothing of note around. Finally, the only way you could go is only through a hallway on the other side which turned east in a sharp corner.

"Not much to see here, eh?" you flinch a little as your hear Daxon's voice behind you. Looks like he caught up while you were looking around. "Although, I doubt those lamias would raid their own pyramid." he adds, looking thoughtfully at the empty crates, the red painting with golden drawings on them catching your 'eyes'.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Your orbs go over the metal chest and the sculpture, while in your mind reasoning that it would be unusual for someone to sneak into your chest. Unless they were a spirit, obviously, but most of them were far too weak to affect the physical world without a host body.

Anyway, you get out of the bed, your feet making a light noise as they meet the wooden floor. You attempt to open the chest to confirm that it was locked, but you are proven wrong when you easily lift the lid, revealing... nothing. The chest was empty. How curious. Nevertheless, you make your way to the table atop which the sculpture sat and pick it up, studying it in the moonlight coming from the window. It depicted a female elf with long, flowing hair, wearing a simple dress and a tiara. You also note a scabard holding a sword held tightly in her left hand with a few words engraved on it, although you can't seem to make them out in the dim light.

"Woah!" you hear a male voice coming from a corner of the room just before the sound of an Umbra Bolt fills the air. Turning around you see Cordelia glaring at a... blue figure surrounded by a white, spherical shield, the latter thinning out and disappearing. The intruder's form vaguely resembled that of a humanoid, although it was constantly shifting, making it impossible to tell for certain.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3 (skipped)

You tell Nez'gol that you wish to make camp here. You also add that you should make a fire, if you are able.
"Well, I guess that's a good idea, since running around at night would be just stupid." he replies, grinning a little.

You then go to gather some wood for the camp, making sure to not stray too far into the marshes. In the meantime, your partner is busying himself with setting up the space where the fire will be while the chick is analyzing every nook and cranny of the small clearing.

(Roll to get stuff {DEX}: 3)
(Roll to set up {DEX - Nez'gol}: 8 + 2 = 10)

The only things you manage to get are some branches you cut off with your Zweihander from the trees around. Using the sword this way, however, takes quite some effort, and soon enough you find yourself dragging your feet back to the camp, muscles aching from exhaustion. When you get back you see that Nez'gol has already finished setting up: there were two beds made out of lime-colored oval leaves and in the middle there was a patch of grass removed, laying the ground bare, circled by stones of relatively the same size. You also note that the little bird was sleeping nearby, although your pressence woke him up.
"Well, I suppose that will do. Put them here." the lizardman says as the cockatrix runs up to you, chirping. "Will you start the campfire? I mean, if you think you can do it without, you know..." he trails off, looking slightly anxious.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"Yes, that seems to be our best option at the moment. In the cave we will not be as exposed as here." Carola agrees, making a slight motion towards the edge of the bridge as you move on. You note a small grey tower jutting out of the mist nearby, which you eventually pass after a few minutes. A little while later you come across a three way intersection, the stones here covered in a large amount of moss. You even notice some hanging off the bridge's walls...
"Watch out!" the girl suddenly yells, pointing towards a some large birds that were climbing onto the bridge from somewhere. They had a similar orange coloration which turned to a dark green towards their back, and three of them were noticeably bigger with a long red crest on their head. "Are those cockatrixes?" she asks, reaching for her swords. Good thing you had yours out already.
"No, those are cracaos." Fenrir corrects. "And no sudden moves or yelling again." he adds, looking at both of you this time before turning towards the cracaos.
"Whatever do you mean to do?" the warrior leaves her blades halfway unsheathed, confusion filling her face.
"Just let me deal with this." he replies, giving her an annoyed glance before walking calmly towards the birds. She gives you an inquiring look.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"... Of course. We are about halfway back to my cave." Brussian informs before taking a path through the trees around the clearing with the giant plants. There was no sight of the dragoness, so you get by without much of an incident.

Anyway, as you move, or in your case float, on, you hear a resonating explosion coming from near. For some reason you cannot see it's source anywhere, however. Saraqael is alerted by this and sniffs the air, although a disappointed whine indicates he didn't find anything.
"Strange. It seems that the sound came from underground." the werewolf notes, perking his ears. "I doubt we should investigate, though." he adds.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

You manage to take out the spellbook again and attempt to concentrate on the Magicka inside of you...

(Spell time! {INT}: 8)
(Rautherdir: 1 + 4 + 3 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 = 2 vs 11 = 1 - 1 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 6 Parry Gaia Hydra)

Despite managing to focus enough to create a bolt of electricty and direct it at the anaconda, your injuries make it almost impossible to gather enough energy.
"Don't worry, I got this for ya." you hear Kratin mutter as the lizard lunges towards you...

[Parry Bonus: (2 + 1 + 1)/2 = 2]
[Dodge Bonus: 0 = 0]
(Gaia Hydra: 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 8 vs 8 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 Intercept Kratin)

But the skeleton comes in and deflects it's attack! He then retaliates with his shortsword...

(Kratin: 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 12 vs 7 = 1 - 1 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 Parry Gaia Anaconda)

The blade slices straight through the beast's flesh, creating a large gash on it's chest and nearly severing it's leftmost head. Blood literally explodes from the wound, drenching the stones and the undead's bones.

Victory! +15 Exp

"You? Seriously?! And you came all the way here right when I was about to..." you see two tiny figures flying in the air at the other side of the cave chamber you were in. You guess the one talking is the thief Kratin was talking about.
"Yeah, I came to take back what's mine. Guess I'll be taking yer life, too." he interrupts, pointing his bloodied sword at her.
"H-huh? Di-Diana, who..." the other one speaks up in a timid tone, sounding confused. "Who are th-these people?" she finally asks. Diana gives her an exasperated look.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Kratin
---

Rautherdir

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 49) Roll to face cryptic situations: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #393 on: November 11, 2017, 06:50:12 pm »

Inspect the interesting boxes. If there's literally nothing of note to them, head through the hallway.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2017, 03:52:16 pm »

"Yeah, I got brought along by him to help him get back his sword. Which I did do, I just might have also triggered the trap or ward or whatever you did to it. So yeah, I'm just going to lie here and be almost dead for a little while. Actually, uh, not-Diana, you might want to not be near Diana in a bit. Unless everyone decides to just not fight and leave the skeleton to get his sword, that is."

... Attempt peaceful resolution?

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »

For now, I'll trust Fenrir to deal with the situation. Raise a hand towards Carola, indicating her to stay still and quiet. Let Fenrir deal with the new creatures.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2017, 04:25:38 pm »

Nayrous shoots a glance at Cordelia, hoping to discern what its hawkish senses make of the latest episode.

"Has our intruder taken flight? Or is that his putrid bastard blood finds itself further inclined to sulk in the shadows of my quarters? Beati mortui, those who for causes trivial disturb ancient bones are but curses to their father's name."

Continue to search a bit, making sure to physically cover the space in the room. Perhaps Nayrous will also try to invoke that eleven image.

"Oh gracious lady elf, surely it is not such that in your abode the peaceful dead should be found subject to fool's caprice."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:37:39 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 17, 2017, 12:55:06 am »

"Ehh, that's a good attitude to have," said Cyfraith. "But it won't get you anywhere in life. It's a once-in-a-lifetime--" she remembered how lucky the werewolf was to have a 'once-in-a-lifetime' experience and decided to stop.

"Well, anyway, I don't like to be caught off-guard. You have good senses, right? I'll let you two watch from the ground, while I'll take a look across the treetops to see if any of the symptoms have manifested."

Cyfraith continues onward, hopping to the tops of the trees and trying to get a good all-around-view before carrying on.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2018, 03:45:09 am »

Roll 50
----
Estratia 1.01 is here, wooooooooo! (The numbers won't be included in the title, though):
- New mechanic: Pre-emptive. Characters with this will skip turn check and instead always go first. If two or more characters have Pre-emptive, then a special turn check will be done for them.
- Added Health Points! Well, the stat itself has always been around from the start, I just never actually added it to the character sheets.
- New mechanic 2: Reaction. This is another way of casting spells. Basically, instead of using an ability manually, a certain condition has to be met, after which it will be cast automatically without using up a major action (unless specified). Some abilities can both be used manually and as a reaction, although the latter will have an altered effect.
- Added some new stat mechanics:
-- STR: Each 3 points now adds an extra 1 inventory slot.
-- DEX: At 6 points and higher dual wielding will no longer have debuffs and you'll be able to gain EXP in that passive.
-- RES: Each 3 points increases maximum HP by 1. At 8 points the duration of debuffs is halved and pain accumulation is 1/4.
-- AGI: At 6 points and 12 points each you get +1 major actions.
-- INT: At 8 points you gain the passive "Magicka Beginner" which levels up like any other mastery and provides various bonuses.
- Changed the way Nix's Taunt affects targets so it doesn't constantly miss.
- Added a new rarity: Artifact. It is higher than Legendary and lower than Ultimate. This contains items that don't provide many (or any) combat bonuses, but have very... unique effects.
- Finally, I made a discord server for our rtd. Here's the invite link if you wish to join: https://discord.gg/QCsYqfg
--

Mercenary 1

You decide to take a better look at the empty crates.

(Roll to enter inspection mode: 10)

You start with the patterns on the outside first. On the first box, it seems that their yellow color flows in many directions, creating a sort of illusion of a river, although further observation reveals that it was actually the outline of some kind of landscape. There is a large, imposing pyramid gleaming in the heat of a golden sun sitting on sand that flowed like a river. Three tiny symbols are discernible on the front part of the construction, although you are unable to decipher it. Meanwhile, the other box, you can see the illustration of the head of a man with a ponytail, the rest of his hair hidden under an ornate helmet with many writings embedded into it. His eyes gazed straight forward and his lips were slightly parted, a frozen sentence lingering on them for eternity.

Anyway, you move on to the inside. You note that there is an obvious outline which the dust doesn't cover, which can only mean that whoever looted these things has done it recently.
"'Only those who are blessed with the comprehension of the Body's futility and the Soul's eternity shall bear Our blessing.'" Daxon recites, his finger trailing the words written on the second crate. "Huh. I've never seen something like this before..." he comments, straightening himself before glancing at you.
In the meantime, you can start feeling the poison from that lamia's stinger making your bones rot away.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

As you speak to Cordelia, you can feel it reaching for your mind again...

*On the floor, talon scraping lightly the wood. Sense a third presence nearby, but too obscure to locate. Frustrating. Presence disappears, suddenly, leaving nothing but a fragment of energy behind. Startled, sent a small projection at it, light appeared and-*

You hear the bird screech in anger and/or surprise as the link is forcefully cut, leaving you in strange state between the now-blank vision and reality. You quickly come back to your senses, however accurate the term 'sense' would be for a being which feels nothing, and realize that you've accidentally dropped the statue. Suddenly, the inscription lights up with a pure white glow, building up quickly to the point it fills your vision completely.

The light goes as suddenly as it came, allowing the darkness of the night to encroach your room once more. It appears that the presence went away with it, because you're unable to feel it anymore... And you also note that you now have a few burn marks on your bones, and even Cordelia's plumage looks somewhat more unkept than usual. You glance back on the floor, where the statue is, and note a ripped sheet of paper a little ways off.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3 (Roll has been saved somewhere else to save space)

------------------------------

Empire 1

You silently decide to let Fenrir handle the birds and signal to Carola to do the same. Despite her concerned look she gives you a small nod before turning to watch as the man slowly makes his way towards the edge of the bridge.

(Roll to train your cracao: 5 + 1 = 6)

The bigger ones start screeching as the man closed the space between them. At this he suddenly stops and adopts a passive posture before starting to speak to them calmly while holding out his hand. You can't discern what exactly he is saying, but it seems to have the desired effect: after about two minutes one of the crested ones approaches him with careful steps. It eventually stands in front of him and examines something on the ex-carriage driver's palm before pecking it. From the crunching sounds that follows you realize it was a seed of sorts. Nevertheless, soon the other cracaos approach him and you note his other hand disappearing into his coat and taking out a small pouch, which contents he pours onto the stone. All of the creatures rush at the seeds and start picking at them greedily, while Fenrir returns to you.

"They shouldn't try to attack us anymore, but... we should keep some distance." he says before glancing at you. "And stay with the swords sheathed, too." he adds, eyeing your blades.
"I see. Although, I am curious, why did you have that bird feed on you?" Carola asks, left hand resting on the hilt of her weapon. "As far as I know, horses do not eat seeds."
"I... I have a pet cockatrix at home. Just bought those for him in Tyrine, actually." the man shifts slightly, looking strained.
"Ah. Perhaps we ca-" the girls starts, oblivious to his discomfort.
"Just don't worry about it." he cuts her off, before making a slight motion towards you to move on.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

Brussian gives a short nod as you jump into the air, using your element to ascend lightly until you are at the tree-top's level. Unfortunately, the forest seems to be particularly dense in this area -and the fact that it's the dead of night doesn't help-, thus you can barely see any patch of ground through their leaves. Actually, the only landmark of note from up here is the dragoness' clearing, which is a respectable distance away now, along with about two or three, smaller ones strewn around.

You hop from tree to tree a few times, to get a better look around, and just before you give up and head down, you spot a thin cloud of smoke, nearly invisible on the night sky, coming from below. You realize that it's source is actually quite close to where you left the werewolf and Saraqael, the latter whom you hear howling. You can tell because it sounds more like a shriek than an actual howl.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

(Roll to persuade {INT}: 10)

"I- Ugh..." Diana glances at you and Kratin, then at 'not-Diana' before making a few motions with a tiny stick, from what you can see, that she is holding. Suddenly, two stone golems burst out of the wall on her right, sending dust and bits of rocks everywhere. "Well, I didn't want this to get ugly, but you don't leave me much of a choice..." the fairy then reaches for something in her brown robe but...

(Not-Diana: 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 Dodge Diana)

The fairy, although startled, just manages to avoid getting hit by the water sphere, but also drops the item she just took, a pure white gem with a yellow light inside, on the ground. It shatters surprisingly easy on the cave's floor, releasing the light which immediately starts to die out. She stares at it, shock mixed with horror written on her face.
"I-I knew I shouldn't ha-have trusted-" the other one begins as she glides over to you and Kratin.
"ROSA! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE?!" Diana cuts her off, her voice becoming painfully high-pitched.
"Wh-what I did...?" Rosa, which is Not Diana's name apparently, blurts out, looking startled.
"THAT'S IT, YOU'RE GONNA DIE WITH THEM!" she declares before motioning the golems to attack.

In the meantime, the skeleton, who had been watching in disbelief the whole time, takes a step back and raises his sword and shield, however, before attacking, he looks towards your new-found ally.
"'Ey, uh, Rosa was it?" the fairy in question turns towards him. You note that she looked as confused as you are. "Think ye can do something to help my fella over here? That explosion got him good." he asks. She nods and flies down to you, giving you a small bottle filled with translucent pink liquid.
"You don't l-look too go-good either..." she notes, looking back up at Kratin.
"This? It's nothing." he replies, his eye-orbs twinkling, then turns his attention back at the golems.

---
Enemies:

Diana
2x Rock Golem
---
Allies:

Rosa

Kratin
---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:17:47 am by Neoexdeath »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 22, 2018, 03:45:36 am »

Hey.

I think I should explain why I just disappeared off the face of the Earth for about 5-6 months. I won't bother you with all the details, not to mention you guys probably noticed me mentioning 'family problems' in a few of my posts, so to put it simply: my parents decided to divorce a few months ago. One court process and a lot of tension later I end up staying with my mother.

Needless to say, this has knocked my life upside down and I needed some time off to sort things out. Looking back I could've squeezed in some time for rolls or at least say something, but... I guess it just wasn't the first thing on my mind back then. Nevertheless, I'm sorry for the lack of communication.

Anyway, I've managed to sort some things out and want to get this RtD back on track again... Only if you're willing to continue playing it, of course.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 50) Roll to dissuade: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2018, 05:10:04 am »

Ask Daxon for some Buala, offer to trade stuff from my person that he would find valuable if he deems it necessary.

((Sorry to hear about your family issues. Always willing to play high quality games like this, the sheer amount of work you put into it is staggering.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2018, 05:54:12 pm »

Accept the potion. Attack the nearest golem with my scythe

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2018, 09:29:34 pm »

PTW, might make a sheet for a darkness elemental.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2018, 10:15:28 pm »

(Glad to hear you're back!)

Cyfraith couldn't be sure whether or not this had anything to do with her displacing the egg. But given that her canine friends had just borne the brunt of whatever introduction their new visitors had made for themselves, she decided to make the best of her current invisible status and crept over as quietly as she could, floating over the treetops.

Cyfraith sneaks over to view the sudden event, while laying down a single length of wire rooted to a tree to pull herself back with if necessary.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2018, 09:23:33 pm »

Here's an incomplete elemental mage sheet.

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
A WIP sheet, will edit and fill out later once I have some questions answered.

1) Can I start with a tome/book/scroll I could learn dark magic from by reading it? Could it also be a magical enchancer weapon?

2) Do I start with 2 equipment pieces AND 2 inventory items? Could these items be also equipment pieces?

3) If a big magical staff had to be wielded with both hands, would it be stronger when used for magic in comparision of, say, a magic rod? Could a particularly big, thorny wooden staff be used as a melee weapon?

4) What's the general appearance of elementals? What's their normal "life" cycle? Are they born as elementals or created by wizards? Are they undead and the souls of dead people? Do they have concepts like "family" or "childhood"?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:12:28 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34