Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42402 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 46) Roll to kick ass if necessary: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2017, 01:37:16 am »

Cyfraith accepts the dare. (Are the cocoons small? If not, then scratch the action.)

She flicks a knife at one of the cocoons, using her power to guide it along its path and twist it around one of the strange bulbs, before reeling it in with a tug.

"That's a little harsh," says she, whilst making a motion to smell the cocoons--even if her nose is made of wood. "Nature does not belong to anyone. Not if you don't do anything with it."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 15, 2017, 08:43:59 am »

(To be able to block a fire breath with two shortswords is quite something.)

Prepare to attack twice this time. First is to slash at whatever part of the wyvern is closest to me with my Ackbuk Dai-katana. Then follow it up with a stab with the same weapon.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2017, 04:46:46 pm »

Realize what chick is. Ask where Nez'gol went when basilisks attacked.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 47) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2017, 07:10:20 pm »

Roll 47
----
Well, this roll was actually supposed to be released on Tuesday, since I only had Rethi's and Rautherdir's rolls to do. Unfortunately, school, homework and general exhaustion delayed it until now. Oh well.
--
@Crimson I know! That's why everyone loves RNGJesus.
--

Mercenary 1

"... Your notion of fun scares me." Daxon replies after a second, shaking slightly from the adrenaline. You decide to rush down the stairs to meet the lamias with your blades, your partner lagging just behind. This turns out to be a rather clever tactic, since they outnumbered you two to one, but only two people could fight side by side on the staircase.

(Nix: 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Dodge Brown Lamia)

You drive your rapiers straight through the skull of the first Lamia you see. She falls down onto the floor with a "Thud!" as you retract your weapons, bits of brainmatter and ooze clinging to them. All of this happens within the span of a few seconds, however, as you feel power flare up within your soul, making you move much faster than normal. Nevertheless, you move your attention to the next enemy...

(Nix: 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Brown Lamia)

This time you land two strikes on the chest, one going through the lungs and the other being dangerously close to the heart. She starts trembling coughs up blood for a few moments, before finally a heartattack claims her life. Her corpse joins the other one's, although you notice some runes inscribed on their limbs start glowing for a second before dying out. Anyway, in the meantime Daxon catches up, although the last brown lamia had already begun chanting a spell.

(Brown Lamia: 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 8 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Nix)
(Brown Lamia: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 9 vs 12 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Daxon)
(Brown Lamia: _ = _ vs _ = _ Null Grey Lamia) (Absorbed)

An earthquake ensues and bits of debris are flung your way, although you both easily parry all of them. What's strange is that a pink orb appears around the grey lamia, repelling any harmful rocks and, more importantly, absorbing energy from the spell itself. The shield disappears, although a red aura is present on her now. Meanwhile, the treasure hunter takes of advantage of the small window of opportunity that the earthquake had created, and slashes the brown one with his scimitar...

(Daxon: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 8 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 Dodge Brown Lamia)

But she just manages to dodge by a hair's breadth, leaving her unhurt. The man backs away before she can retaliate while the other lamia slithers up the stairs towards you!

(Grey Lamia: 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Parry Nix)

You almost expect her to attack barehanded but suddenly a stinger comes out of her sleeve, and she manages to stab your shoulder before you can defend yourself. She slithers back, a smug expression on her face.
"You've learned nothing from your first life, undead. The only thing you ssssshalt find here issss your tomb!" she says towards you, her grin revealing two white fangs, resembling those of a snake.

---
Enemies:

Brown Lamia
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grey Lamia
---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Once again, Acci -ahem- Cordelia looks at you, understanding clear in it's eyes. However, it then simply returns to staring towards something behind you from your shoulder, not caring very much. You wonder: perhaps wild animals, with their enhanced senses and more... simplified form of language, don't really need names. After all, a 'name' is simply a mass of memories, thoughts, emotions and information you associate with a word. It wouldn't be far fetched to imagine that, say, one could identify another by their scent, or a few rustled feather, or coloration, or pretty much any feature that would set them apart from others. So, with animals' reliance on their perception, it is possible that they catalogue each other by these differences, however small they may be, without giving themselves names and going by them. Or something along the lines.

On another note, undead generally don't care much for the gender they had before death. It's possible that the hawk either forgot what gender it was or simply didn't care about it anymore due to the lack of pheromones and need to reproduce present in it's body. Anyway, with that settled, you return your attention towards the inkeeper. After voicing your question, he glances around the room for a moment, in a rather sudden act of caution.

"There are not a lot of practicers of Darkness in Indinera, and they definitely don't live in villages." he whispers, drawing his head closer towards you. "But I heard from an... adventurer that there is a witch who made a coven somewhere in Mt. Zulle. If anyone can help with your condition, then it's her, I suppose." the elf offers vaguely, a supertitious fear flashing in his brown eyes.
"So, what will it be for tonight? I'd say even a skeleton needs to rest their bones sometimes!" he says after giving you some space, back to his old self.

Inn
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

Despite already coming to the realization that the little baby bird was a cockatrix, you decide to check him over again. Again, it's fluff was mostly orange with about a third on it's belly being an azure blue. You also note a few tiny feathers forming his tail, although they were slightly ruffled, most probably from running away so much. Finally, his eyes had small round pupils colored green, his beak was mild-sized and looked like it could inflict some damage and a tiny red crest grew on his head.

As you finish your second inspection, the chick jumps in the air making a cute chirp before starting to run around your legs in circles at an impressive speed. Anyway, with that over with, you proceed to ask Nez'gol what was he doing while you valiantly defended this cockatrix's life from some evil carnivorous lizards.
"Well, after seeing your newfound fire powers I decided to give you some space to cool down. As I was walking around, the egg Sar'nir gifted to you started hatching and eventually the chick got out." the lizardman begins explaining after taking a deep breath. "As luck would have it, around tht moment I stumbled upon two green lizards. The baby cockatrix started panicking and ran away, stumbling upon you I presume, while I stayed and killed those basilisks." he continues, eyeing the little bird as it stopped running around and now pecking some random flower growing in the grass instead. "I had no idea there were more of those reptiles lurking around, otherwise I would've went after him, instead." he concludes. A cold wind starts beating, and the shadows of the trees around you start getting longer and longer as the sun sets.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

You swing your dai-katanas towards the Wyrm's tail, specifically the part around the middle, in a slashing motion...

(4/4 Counter!) (Golden Pazsaza 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 - 2 - 1 = 7 vs 9 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Mystel)
(Mystel: 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 8 vs 6 = 1 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 Parry Golden Pazsaza)
(Armor protection: 2 - 3 - 1 + 2 = 0)
(Electric Enchantment: -1 health)

As if sensing your intent, the creature rushes at you with it's fangs, but manage to move out of the way and proceed to slash at it's body. Despite your blow being blocked by the scales again, your enchament shocks it again, burning it's body even more. Before you can even follow up with a stabbing attack, though, it bellows in pain before launching itself into the air.
"I think we have it on the ropes!" Carola says as another small concentration of darkness erupts from Fenrir's wand...

(Fenrir: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6 vs 3 = 1 - 3 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 Dodge Golden Pazsaza)
(Armor protection: 3 - 3 + 1 = 1)

It hits the wyrm  right in the head, making it fall down onto the ground. A small shockwave hits the three of you as it's body slams into the bridge, making dust fly everywhere. The construction itself stands strong, though, and the winged lizard remains motionless, it's eyes devoid of any life.

Victory! +20 Exp, Mystel levels up!

"If even Wyrms fly around here, then just how high is this... 'castle'?" the warrior asks after you all sheath your weapons.
"Frankly, I couldn't care less. All I want is to get back to solid ground before one of us ends up slipping and falling off of here." the man replies, looking rather shaken.
"You'd have to be quite clumsy for that to happen." she retorts, sighing. "Anyway, should we take the time to skin the wyrm's corpse? If we can't manage to use them for crafting later then we shall simply sell them." she then says, in an atemmpt to change the subject. It is true, though, that wyrm scales were on the rarer side of crafting ingredients, but dawdling around may turn out to be dangerous.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"I concur, although I've never heard of a dragon that is unable to channel and control Magicka." Brussian replies, looking thoughtful. "It is possible that this one specializes in the Nature element, but then again, I've never heard of a dragon growing their own garden." he adds, rubbing his thigh with a claw.
Either way, you accept the implied dare of stealing from the belongings of a dragon. Not precisely the wisest idea, but that doesn't dissuade you. Either way, you throw one of your knives towards the nearest cocoons, letting only tiny amounts of Magicka to flow through you so that you may manipulate the air around the weapon, guiding it towards your target. Making it twist around the bulb requires a little more finesse, but that is no problem to you. Finally, you tug at the wire attached to the knife, reeling in the 'fruit', if it could be called that, to you. As you do this, you notice a tiny green dot, which was quite hard to see since the giant flower's stalk was of the same coloration, lighting up in the place where the cocoon was.

Anyway, with the object of your curiosity now in your possession, you begin inspecting it. It is about the size of your palm and now that you can see it more closely it appeared to have a shape more reminiscent of a seed than of a sphere. The 'seed's' surface is glossy and smooth to the touch. You can also sense a large amount of Magicka locked inside, some of it is aligned to Nature while the rest being just raw. Finally, despite your doll body not having any functional organs, you try to smell it...

(Roll to simulate smelling {INT/2}: 9 + 1 = 10)

You don't let your lack of organic senses stop you, so you use some of your understanding of the Nature element and analyze the odor molecules - basically tiny fragments of objects that float in the air around them, giving them their smell- and come to the conclusion that it smelt like... wood with a faint scent of mint? {+2 Nature Magic EXP}
"What exactly will you do with that?" the werewolf's voice startles you. You realize that both him and Saraqael were staring at you, the former looking worried while the latter only curious.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 47) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2017, 07:11:49 pm »

I'm forced split the post because of the word limit.
--

Order 1

"Yeah, sure. I'll just go grab my sword in the meantime." Kratin replies as you silently move to a more concealed position. You then watch as he moves towards the black scimitar, keeping the flame away from the wood stand. He makes an attempt to touch it, but then immediately steps back.
"Damn it, she placed a protection spell on it." you hear the skeleton mumble. Anyway, as the voices draw closer and closer, you hear something snapping before the ground starts shaking under your feet. It seems to be centered around your partner's position, because he struggles to regain his balance...

Without warning, a large hydra bursts through the floor in front of Kratin and knocking him onto the floor. For a moment it just stands there, sniffing the air with it's three heads, so you take advantage and channel electricity into your body before dashing towards the reptile and slamming into it. The lightning courses into it's body, paralyzing it momentarily as you step back, draw your scythe and book then slash at it with the former.

(Rautherdir: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 5 vs 10 = 1 - 2 + 3 + 6 Null Gaia Anaconda)

Despite it being unable to even defend itself, your weapon simply bounces off the hydra's hide, not leaving a single mark whatsoever.
"What in the Underworld?! I was expecting some other nereids or maybe her pet or something, not THIS!" the skeleton says, clearly shocked, as he got up from the ground and drawing his shortsword. The fire stays floating above all of you, barely penetrating the darkness around you, but nevertheless providing enough light for you to see your adversary.

---
Enemies:

Gaia Hydra
---
Allies:

Kratin
---

Rautherdir

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 47) Roll to ambush the ambushers: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »

Set up a camp for the night, complete with a campfire if possible.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 25, 2017, 05:50:03 am »

Attack Brown Lamia, gesture for Daxon to go for the other one.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2017, 08:39:31 am »

Slash the hydra with the scythe. Put the Spell Book away for now. Then hook my scythe over the black scimitar and pull it away from the wooden stand, trying to catch it in my other hand. Then if possible, attack the hydra with both weapons.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 25, 2017, 12:59:31 pm »

"This wasn't planned for," Cyfraith notes, holding the bulb.
"If I had a purpose for it, I'd probably take it with us,"
She walks toward Saraqael, leaning close to the ground and holding the bulb at his level.

"Fortunately, I'm not the one who stole the magic fruit and brought it home," she quips, giving it to Saraqael. "What if a curious animal took it back to his den?"
She smiles, and points toward a tree that looks distinctive enough to remember. She cuts a small mark in the tree similar to a 'V', and then points to the bottom of the tree to try and get the Xerberus to bury it. Maybe that will work.
If he doesn't do anything, she will simply dig a small hole, take the bulb, and put it in the hole, then hopefully that will get the message across. If all else fails she won't leave until it's buried.

Cyfraith doesn't have any spell that, say, makes an eyeball plant and allows her to look through it. Not yet, at least.

I'll have to come back and get it when I don't have company, she thinks. She follows Brussian back if he is willing to continue, and at the same time makes occasional marks on the trees to help remember her path.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 25, 2017, 02:59:20 pm »

"Yes, sleep." Nayrous repeats after his elf host. It would be nice to get a better sword.

After some rest he'll head to Mt. Zulle.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2017, 09:33:39 am »

(+1 point for INT)

"I guess we should. It'll be a waste to leave it behind. Let's all do it together to be quick. Be wary of a possible encounter though while we're doing this."

Along with Carola and Fenrir, start removing whatever notable materials we can get from the Wyrm. That'll probably be the scales. Its sharp teeth and the feathers from its wings may be usable materials as well. And as a trophy, cut the tip of its tail off.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 48) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #386 on: October 29, 2017, 06:42:57 pm »

Roll 48
----
Well, yet another month tests has (almost) passed. I apologize for the mini-hiatus, but alas, schoolwork can really eat up your time (and energy).
Fortunately, this has given me some time to think over a few mechanics and stories for the game. To be more precise, an update is coming up and I expect to release it on roll 50, which would be... *stares at Roll to Magic's roll count* somewhat of an achievement to me.

--

Mercenary 1

You ignore the grey lamia's threat and instead gesture towards Daxon to engage her. He nods and you both switch places before launching your attacks...

(Nix: 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 13 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 Dodge Brown Lamia)

The blades of your rapiers meet little resistance as they cut through the lamia's gown and plunge into it's flesh. She rolls her eyes and then falls over, two red spots spreading on the cloth. It doesn't take long for it to get soaked and soon blood pools up, mixing with the one from the other corpses on the floor.

(Daxon: 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 12 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Grey Lamia)

In the meatime, Daxon manages to slash a massive gash across the other enemy's chest, going from her neck all the way down to her waist, where she wore the skirt. She tilts backwards, nearly falling over, before slithering a away a little. She clutches her wound and shoots you a glare, her reptillian eyes filled to the brim with hate.
"F-fools... y-you are o-only... it's f-f-..." the lamia gasps and collapses onto the blodied steps, her sentence remaining unfinished.

Victory! +15 Exp!

A heavy silence floats in the air, somewhat akin to a storm cloud, after the skirmish is over. You also feel as the last of the vigour that the blue flame gave you fades away. However it's presence remainins in your soul, however unnoticeable it may be now. A sharp sound comes from beside you, ,made by your partner sheating his scimitars.
"Well then, take what you want and let's explore downstairs." he says, apparently just brushing off the lamia's last words. "I got attacked by those half-snakes before I could even put my boot on the last step."

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You decide to follow the elf's example and pretend that you didn't just talk about anything out of the ordinary. Your mind, however, isn't focused on the discussion anymore, choosing instead to think about a better replacement for your broadsword. Perhaps you could also buy a new rod while you are at it.

Nevertheless, you couldn't do any of that at the moment, so instead you give fifty gold coins at the barkeep for a room. He gives you two keys and some directions. After that you leave with Cordelia, who fluttered it's wings surprised to regain balance when you spun around, climb the wooden stairs to the upper floor and traverse the hallway to your chambers.

Unlocking the door you go inside, noting the few candles placed around which cast some light into the interior. Looking around you see a small table with a wooden sculpture gathering dust on it and a chair. Two beds sat on each side next to the walls, their white matress cast in a light orange by the candles' flame. Finally, there's a wardrobe tucked into a corner and a surprsingly well-kept iron chest with a lock on it, ember light reflecting from it's smooth surface. The hawk almost immediately chooses to settle on the chest, and after that it just keep staring at the reflection of it's violet eyes on the metal.

You, on the other hand, lay down on one of the beds. Since you cannot sleep, you instead just stay there, contemplating your past life, or the fragments you could remember at least, your comrades, liege... the necromancer who revived you. You wonder what has become of the Estate you used to serve...

Suddenly, you feel a shiver like a thousand needles piercing your soul. You aren't used to feeling anything at all, but whenever you did, the sensation usually lasted for a while. Nevertheless, you quickly realize that something was... wrong. Like there was a third presence in the room. Cordelia fidgets, woken up from it's trance, making a low, guttural sound. It seems that it's lungs were still working to some extent. You can also feel it reaching out to your mind for a second, but the avian seems to change it's mind and stops, instead jumping off the chest and carefully walking on the dark floor.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You tell Nez'gol that you wish to make camp here. You also add that you should make a fire, if you are able.
"Well, I guess that's a good idea, since running around at night would be just stupid." he replies, grinning a little.

You then go to gather some wood for the camp, making sure to not stray too far into the marshes. In the meantime, your partner is busying himself with setting up the space where the fire will be while the chick is analyzing every nook and cranny of the small clearing.

(Roll to get stuff {DEX}: 3)
(Roll to set up {DEX - Nez'gol}: 8 + 2 = 10)

The only things you manage to get are some branches you cut off with your Zweihander from the trees around. Using the sword this way, however, takes quite some effort, and soon enough you find yourself dragging your feet back to the camp, muscles aching from exhaustion. When you get back you see that Nez'gol has already finished setting up: there were two beds made out of lime-colored oval leaves and in the middle there was a patch of grass removed, laying the ground bare, circled by stones of relatively the same size. You also note that the little bird was sleeping nearby, although your pressence woke him up.
"Well, I suppose that will do. Put them here." the lizardman says as the cockatrix runs up to you, chirping. "Will you start the campfire? I mean, if you think you can do it without, you know..." he trails off, looking slightly anxious.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"Do you mean other predators lurking around? Well..." Carola glances towards the sky then rests her gaze on the wyrm's corpse, following you towards it. "Yes, we are quite exposed out here. So much so that caution will not to do us much good." she adds, this sounding more as an affirmation for herself than a reply.
"That's more reasons to get out of this place as soon as possible." Fenrir cuts in, his voice firm despite the nervousness betrayed by his eyes. You also note that his legs were slightly trembling, now, with each step he took towards the bulk of the creature.
"I cannot blame you for being sca-" the man cuts in before the girl can finish her words.
"I'm not scared, just not used to m-... to fightning these things." he trembles slightly, then runs a hand through his hair and stares somewhere in the distance. "That's all." he finishes.

An uncomfortable silence falls on the three of you as you finally begin picking away at the wyrm's scales. You use on of your blades for the job, and so does Carola, while Fenrir is forced to borrow one from you. He regards the dai-katana for a moment before gripping it firmly and starting to work. You also pluck a few feathers from it's wings, then cut the tip of it's tail off as a trophy. Unfortunately, you are unable to pry it's fangs off. Too bad. About twenty minutes pass and you manage to get most of the more proeminent scales off and stored in your bag.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"... I suppose the fact that your vessel only smells of cloth and wood makes that quite believable." Brussian observes, shooting you an odd stare as you give the bulb to Saraqael. Or it may be just a normal stare, since his milky white eyes are almost permanently expresionless. "But I must ask: Why'd you steal it in the first place if you've no purpose for it?" he then asks as you spot a tree with it's twisted in a 'C' shape, making it stand out quite clearly from the others around it. You glide lightly toward it and make a small 'V' mark with the tip of one of your knives. After that you attempt to instrunct the xerberus to dig a hole and place the seed there.

He seems somewhat confused at first but eventually understands what you wanted him to do. Taking the bulb in his teeth he digs a small hole near the tree and drops the stolen item in it, before covering it up with dirt. In the meantime you wonder about splitting up your visual cognition so that you would be able to 'see' a 'ward' of some sort. You imagine it would take some time and practice before you can create a plant with a functional visual organ or something that can simulate this function.

Nevertheless, Saraqael has finished his work, so the three of you silently agree to move on. At the very least this would put some distance between you and the dragoness' territory.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

You decide to put your book away for the time being, then attempt to slash the Hydra with your scythe again.

(Rautherdir: 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 9 vs 9 = 1 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 Parry Gaia Anaconda)
(Rautherdir: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 5 vs 10 = 1 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 Parry Gaia Anaconda)

The fire's flames reflect on your weapon's blade for a moment as you step back, your blows unable to go through the reptile's defense. Kratin then moves in to attack...

(Kratin: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 7 = 1 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 Parry Gaia Anaconda)
(Armor protection: 1 - 1 = 0 damage) {Acidic Poison proc}

"Hah! Ya won't be so tough soon enough... wait, what's it doing?" the skeleton comments, when suddenly vibrations start filling the air.

(Gaia Hydra: 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 3 Dodge Rautherdir)
(Damage reduction: 2 - 5 = -3 damage)
(Gaia Hydra: 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Parry Kratin)

You feel as they ripple through your entire body, making your limbs feel stiff and harder to move. Your partner, on the other hand, seems completely unaffected. Nevertheless, you make your way to the stand and use your scythe to hook the scimitar.

"Now, time to... Wait, DON'T TOUCH THA-" Kratin turns around to see you managing to move the weapon from the stand...

(Trap: 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 6 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 5 Dodge Rautherdir)
(Trap: 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Null Kratin)
(Trap: 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 11 = 1 - 2 + 2 + 3 + 5 Parry Gaia Anaconda)

A blast of Darkness erupts from the stand, throwing both you and the undead into the opposite wall. Your ears ring from the explosion and your vision is bloodied, not to mention that you felt focus slowly slip away from you. You also felt pain burn up in your chest, flaring to unbearable levels when you tried to get up. And, to top it all off, the Anaconda you've been fightning seems mostly unhurt, only dazed by the explosion somewhat.

"H-huh? Wh-what is happening there? Yo-you said that this... this place is empty!" a high pitched voice enters your ears. It appears to come from pretty far away, but... the sound of Kratin getting up from beside you disrupts attention for a moment. It seems that he wasn't as badly affected as you.

---
Enemies:

Gaia Hydra
---
Allies:

Kratin
---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:33:23 am by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 48) Roll to hide the evidence: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #387 on: October 30, 2017, 03:25:15 am »

Head downstairs.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 30, 2017, 09:22:23 am »

"I think that's all. Let's keep going. It's too risky to stay out here any longer."

Quickly move northwards towards the Bloodlust cave. Keep weapons drawn out though just as a precaution.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 30, 2017, 12:32:37 pm »

Alright. Grabbing the spell book out, and attempting to just channel lightning towards the Hydra using the Spell book.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34