Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42410 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 44) Roll to set lizards on fire: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #360 on: August 17, 2017, 05:54:04 pm »

Perfect.

"It was my privilege. Gratia."

Head out to look at a map for the next places I can go. Also quickly check out any shops for nicer swords or other goods.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2017, 01:09:11 pm »

Just a small announcement: I will be posting the roll tomorrow night, regardless of whenever Rethi-Eli makes his action or not.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 22, 2017, 08:07:32 am »

Focus on the blue basilisk with a heavy attack.

Also I'm so sorry I kept getting 504 errors and didn't realise Bay12 was a thing again
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 45) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #363 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:51 am »

Roll 45
----
Unfortunately, I had a really tough week at school and couldn't set aside any time to finish the roll. At least the worst has passed, for now.
--
@Reth-Eli Well, I have been getting errors like that when visiting some other sites as well. They usually come back to normal quickly, though.
--
Also, I've finally added the dual wielding passive to Theta. Funny how I overlooked that for so long.

Mercenary 1

You are quite content with the results of your curiosity, as it was clearly going to help with exploring the rest of the pyramid. Especially with your partner missing and all. On an unrelated note, you decide to go through the corridor, your feet bones scratching the surface of the stone slabs with each step. Soon, a large quantity of water comes into view, and when you finally find yourself in the next room, you realize that it was actually a massive pool occupying well over half of the space.

This wing of the pyramid is more long than wide, stretching quite some distance up and down with the floor completely covered in a cream carpet, much like the slabs from the corridor, although with various depictions of exotic flower sewn into it with some orange material. Either way, a quick glance around reveals two red crates, very similar to the ones you opened on the first floor, one's directly to your left and the other's at the north of the room, flanked by two cross shaped pillars, a staircase leading down at the southern end, also surrounded by four pillars, two other hallways you could go through towards the north, and finally, a rather out-of-place looking wooden display with yellow clothes placed on it. As you finish your quick inspection, a small, nearly imperceptible sound comes from somewhere on your left.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (??)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"No problem. Hopefully we will meet each other again." Rhunon replies, watching you as you make your way to the entrance, careful not to knock anything down. Your avian companion jumps off the nightstand and follows you closely. It may be a good idea to give it a name soon.

Outside you are surrounded by the dark shapes of the buildings around you, the darkness making it impossible to make out any specific details about them, save for the occasional lit candle at the windows. You wander around for a while, the battered path barely visible in the moon's dim light, unable to find any map you could use. A few more minutes pass and you come across a relatively small building with a sign. You manage to make out the words "SHOP" written on it by shining the weak light emitted by your eye-orbs. From the looks of it, it seems to be closed for the night.

Eventually, you come across a large building, and perhaps the only one which had activity. A bleak, yellow glow came from the windows and an old sign was hanging from the roof with "INN" written on it. Of course, -most- undead didn't need to sleep at all, so the most you would be able to do here is get some rest, gather information or perhaps buy some common items for your journey. In the meantime, the undead bird makes a flying jump up to one of the sills, using his beak to climb up on it. He peeks through the glass with it's small, violet eyes, their color contrasting with the light coming from inside.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You turn your attention towards the other blue basilisk, intent on killing it off before it tries something else. Ignoring the two other reptiles, you charge towards it, ready to strike it down with your sword.

(Antaeus: 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 12 vs 8 = 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 Parry Mature Blue Basilisk)

You easily go through it's attempt to stop your attack, slashing a deep cut near it's head. This kills it instantly, blood pooling up on the ground.
"COCKAAAA!" a high-pitched shriek comes from behind you, and you realize that it came from the chick which you were trying to protect. The cause of distress was that while you were focusing on the blue basilisk, the other ones had teamed up on the now vulnerable little bird.

(Mature Emerald Basilisk: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6 vs 7 = 1 + 4 + 2 Dodge Chick)
(Mature Emerald Basilisk: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5 vs 11 = 1 + 4 + 6 Dodge Chick)

He nimbly dodges both attacks and then runs as fast as it could towards you again. You notice that he was still trembling with fear and, perhaps, confusion. Anyway, you move in and bring your blade upon one of the reptillians...

(Antaeus: 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 14 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Mature Emerald Basilisk)
(Armor protection: 5 - 1 = 4 damage)

This time your strike is true, landing a long gash across it's side. Almost immediately blood gushes out of the wound, and your enemy writhes in pain for a few moments, before finally moving on. The last basilisk hisses at you, slowly backing off towards a bush.

---
Enemies:

Mature emerald basilisk

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol (??)
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

You quickly realize that there was no way to get away from the wyrm, which is actually different from a wyvern, since the cave was still quite far away. Both of your allies draw their own weapons in preparation for battle, while you get ready to cast a Thunder Impulse at it. Unfortunately, the spell won't quite reach the serpentine creature due to the altitude it's at, so you're forced to wait until it swoops down...

(Clash {AGI}: Mystel 6 + 1 = 7 vs 5 = 1 + 4 Golden Pazsaza)

You manage to time the spell right and throw a lightning bolt crackling with energy just as your enemy was gaining speed...

(Mystel: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 9 vs 8 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 Dodge Golden Pazsaza)

The wyrm makes a sudden twist in the air, avoiding the brunt of your spell, although still ending up with a few burns and some shocking. Not to mention that this forced to stop it from it's descent, giving your two comrades, or Fenrir at least, more time to prepare. The man closes his eyes and chants a few words, a dark aura slowly materializing around his wand and new staff, just like when you first fought together. Well, except that his arms are trembling, for some reason.
"Good shot, Mystel." Carola praises in the meantime, looking a little more confident now.

---
Enemies:

Golden Pazsaza
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"That's good to hear." Brussian replies summarily, before going off into the forest once again. Needless to say, you decide to follow after him, althought you can't shake off the feeling that something's missing. This doesn't last long, however, because soon Saraqael comes running to you, the knife that you had tested your wind manipulation skills on in his jaws. He offers it to you by putting the iron tool on the ground, which you promptly take and place back in your inventory. Turning around, you see that the werewolf had been watching the whole 'exchange', but doesn't comment and instead continues on. You also resume following after him, although this time with the xerberus on your heels.

A few minutes later you quicken your pace, hovering closer to the red canine to the point you were right next to each other. Deciding to train in the new element you've discovered, you make an attempt at sensing the herbs inside the bag held in his left hand, using your Magicka perception to sense their forms, their properties, even their structure. Unfortunately, despite achieving enough concentration to sense the Magicka itself, you cannot quite grasp the nature of the plants, the whole experience being like trying to hold water in your hands, so to speak. To put it simply, you could tell that there were herbs in that bag, but nothing more.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

You decide to lie to the lizardman for some reason, although he doesn't seem to realize it or simply doesn't care. Anyway, with him gone, you decide to go directly at the entrance just as he instructed. You take the stairs up to the top floor, avoiding various other members going on their own bussiness along the way. The whole ordeal is made more annoying by the fact that the stairs were made with tall people in mind, probably Kroms judging by the region. Either way, you finally make it at the top, your legs shaking slightly from fatigue. You find yourself a large, hexagonal room with tall ceiling. Three candelabres with candles in them were attached to each wall, giving the smooth stone a dark yellow color. There were also massive windows on each side, but they were all sealed off. A staggering amount of runes used in teleportation covered the walls going all they way up to the roof, although they're barely visible up there, with about six circles of different sizes carved into the floor itself.

Your gawking is interrupted by a skeleton bumping into you and nearly knocking you over. You quickly regain balance, however, and then turn towards the agressor. He had a shortsword sheated at his waist and a round, red shield in his left hand, a white skull painted on it. A ragged brown cloak covered his back and a piece of red cloth was tied on his skull. Add to all that a confident, nearly defiant looking grin and two glowing red eyes and he looked quite intimidating.
"Didn't see ya there, fella." he says in a thick accent. The undead studies your features for a moment before continuing. "Say, wouldn't ya be interested in helping me with a little job? It'll be quick, I promise." he asks, gesturing towards one of the smaller circles.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:16:35 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 45) Roll to shock a dragon: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #364 on: August 28, 2017, 03:42:59 pm »

"As long as it is quick, yes."

Accept the job

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2017, 04:28:04 pm »

Check out the noise. Could be a threat.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 29, 2017, 09:54:56 am »

Defend the chick from the last basilisk if necessary. Kick ass if necessary. If foes are driven off, examine fluffy bird chick.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 29, 2017, 04:08:14 pm »

Oh well. Follow Brussian while keeping an eye out for danger and teleportation boogaloo.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:23:14 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2017, 08:48:01 am »

Prepare to attack. Use electric enchantment on my Ackbuk Dai-katana. Let Fenrir attack with his magic first then me and Carola will follow up with our own attacks. Attack with my enchanted Dai-katana.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2017, 05:03:31 pm »

Hey everyone. I am unable to post the roll at the moment due to lack of internet. Unless I get some brilliant idea about getting the whole thing on my phone, you will have to wait until tomorrow (hopefully).

Finally, I'd like to ask Wunderkatze to make his action before I skip it.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 05, 2017, 12:34:43 am »

A name? Nayrous beacons to the hawk, "Accipiter. Friend, come." Nayrous enters the Inn where he listens to the chatter while checking out the wares and travel options.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 46) Roll to dodge (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2017, 04:01:38 pm »

Roll 46
----
I finally got my internet back, hooray! Although, I don't really like the speed at which I'm posting the rolls right now.
--
By the way, do you think that I should add color to character speech?
--

Mercenary 1

You decide to inspect the noise, which, you soon realize, was coming from the stairs on the south end of the room. You quickly make your way there, ignoring the display, and stop at the top of the stairway, flanked by two pillars and with the pool of water behind you. You peer down, intent on learning who or what was climbing up to this floor.

It doesn't take long for you to recognize the familiar shape of your partner, Daxon. He seems to have noticed too, because he quickens his pace to reach you. For a few moments he doesn't say anything, being more focused on regaining his breath. Finally, the man rights himself, his features showing a huge relief.
"My friend!*ahem* I'm surprised to see you." the explorer finally says, coughing to clear his voice. "I'd love to ask what happened to you after opening that damned chest, but time is not on our side right now." he adds, motioning towards the other end of the stairs. Following his gesture, you see a lamia appear at the far end. Or there may be more, you cannot really tell at this distance.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

It barely takes you any time at all to come up with a name, inspiration springing in your mind immediately. Accipiter. He stares at you for a second, not seeming to care much for it, then jumps off the sill, perching himself on your shoulder this time. With that over, you enter the Inn.

The door creaks a little as you close it. The inside doesn't look as lively as it seemed from the windows: most of the patrons sitting at the tables were either sleeping in their chairs or directly on the table, or babbling some nonsense in a drunken stupor. You imagine that it was pretty late. Nevertheless, you note that most of the people here were humans, with a few pale green orcs and two lycans with yellow fur.
"Gwahaha, what do you mean you don't have any more wine?!" a male voice rings from one of the tables, loaded with about eight emptied bottles of alcohol. It turns out the drunkard was a bald man in a distinct yellow light plate armor. Distinct because he was pretty much the only one wearing armor in the entire room. A petite woman with brown hair wearing a simple dark blue dress with a white apron.

You ignore the small commotion, though, and instead walk at the bar, where a muscular elf wearing dark blue clothes with a white apron, much like the woman, was washing some glass bottles. He notices you and sets down the bottle in his hand on a shelf.
"Erm... Traveling? There's a few more villages towards the south, closest one's about a day on foot, smaller than ours though. West you can reach Mt. Zulle, about five days to get there, seven if you take the trade route, I reckon." the barkeep explains when you ask about travel options, after staring for almost a minute at you, the jewels embedded in your forehead then Accipiter. "We don't have many supplies here, mainly food, and don't even think about the wine, our stock suffered enough from that bald man." he adds, glaring towards the one in question. He probably didn't even realize skeletons couldn't drink.

Inn
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Accipiter
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You prepare yourself to kick the last basilisk's ass, but only if necessary. And, as it turns out, it wasn't, because it immediately turns tail and jumps into the bush nearby, scurrying off into the forest.

Victory! +9 Exp

With the foes either dead or driven off, you kneel down on the grass and examine the little chick. He seems to be more relaxed now that his life wasn't threatened anymore, although he kept his distance from the the bloodied corpses of the reptiles you've slain. You realize that it was a cockatrix, since only their babies are almost double the size of any domestic chick and have dual coloration. Not to mention the tiny crest on his head that only males had. As you inspect him, the little bird chirps and then cuddles on your leg.
"Well, I see you two are getting along..." surprised, you get up and turn around only to see Nez'gol coming towards you. He had a small bite mark on his leg, but otherwise looked fine.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Before any of you can do anything, the Wyrm comes down the rest of the way with reckless speed, managing with a few wingbeats to slow down enough to make a landing right in front of you on the bridge. Nevertheless, you take some time to enchant the dai-katana you bought yesterday while Fenrir launched his spell towards the enemy...

(Fenrir: 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 12 vs 10 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 Dodge Golden Pazsaza)
(Armor protection: 2 - 3 + 1 = 0)
(Fenrir: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 9 vs 9 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 Dodge Golden Pazsaza)

One of them hits the creature but leaves no visible damage, while the other is dodged completely. The reptile seems ready to retaliate, but in the meantime Carola had managed to get closer and now threw a ferocious assault on the beast with her swords.

(1/4 No counter)(Carola: 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 14 vs 11 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 Dodge Golden Pazsaza)
(Armor protection: 3 - 3 = 0)
(1/4 No counter)(Carola: 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 14 vs 14 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 5 Dodge Golden Pazsaza)

"Urgh!" the girl grunts as her blades slice the air where the winged serpent was. At the very least, her first blow cut off a few of the scales, leaving that part exposed. The Wyrm, however, seems to have had enough, because it turns towards her and opens it's jaws wide. A yellow-ish jet of fire erupts from there, covering the warrior and the area around her in flames...

(Golden Pazsaza: 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 3 = 7 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Parry Carola)

Yet she somehow manages to block it entirely. Although, both of her weapons were red hot now, and she was having visible difficulty holding them. Nevertheless, you move in last to attack the monster...

(Crimson: 6 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 10 vs 9 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Parry Golden Pazsaza)
(Armor protection: 1 - 3 - 1 + 2 = -2)

You just manage to get through it's guard, but only to dent it's scales a little. However, a small lightning discharge happens the moment your Ackbukc dai-katana makes contact with the reptile, inflicting some damage.

---
Enemies:

Golden Pazsaza
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

With a pout, you give up your inspection and give Brussian some space. He seems to be quite focused on the path he was following, and didn't seem to notice anything of what you just did. In any case, you continue on with Saraqael beside you, carefully following the werewolf through the wilderness. The night, combined to the dense shrubbery around, made it almost impossible to see anything more than three feet in front of you, so getting lost was quite easy without his guidance.

It doesn't take you long to realize that you were not following the same route that first led you to the werewolf with the ingredients. The most obvious giveaway was that you didn't encounter the river from last time at all. Not to mention that the trees covered the night sky almost completely here. It could be just a precaution, since the fire demon that you fought could try to come back for revenge, you imagine.

Eventually you come across a rather... odd clearing. If it could even be called that, considering the massive plants that resided in it. In height they competed with even the tallest trees around, and they had a plethora of flowers and some sort of white cocoons, which radiated Magicka, growing on them. There was also some normal plantlife around, although it paled in comparison.
"Don't try to go in there." the red canine warns, beckoning you behind some small bushes. "Pixies say that a green-scaled dragoness has claimed this area as her own." he explains when you are next to him. "I never saw it myself, but..." he trails off, looking towards the sky. You follow his gaze, but see nothing other than a few distant stars shining upon the clearing.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

"Aha! Thanks-a-lot!" the skeleton replies, looking happy. You can only guess it from his tone, though, because his facial features don't move at all save for the lower mandible. "Name's Kratin, if ya were curious." he adds, fiddling with his shield's straps.
"Anyway, I'll give ya a quick rundown before the action." he then says, now staring directly in your eyes. It's a little irritating to return his stare due to the glowing orbs, so you settle for studying his body for now. "Long story short, there's a nereid in Indinera that likes to steal valuable equipment, which includes a very good sword of mine, and hide them away somewhere. I want to get my weapon back, so we're going to go find it." Kratin explains, drawing a shape in the air that resembled a cutlass.

"But that's the easy part. I paid a fella to sculpt a tracking rune in the hilt, so we can just use this room to teleport to wherever it is." he continues on, sounding like he actually enjoyed telling you his plan. It must be pretty easy to give long speeches when you don't have to breathe. "Anyway, the only way this would be dangerous is if she or someone else is there, so having ya with me will make fighting easier." you shift your feet, so they don't get numb. "Oh, and ya get whatever else is in there. If there's nothing, the I'll just help ya with a mission or something. Anyway, let's go!" the undead finishes and moves towards the small circle he pointed out earlier. His feet make a low scraping sound against the stone floor, being careful not to step on any of the carved circles. You follow after him quietly.

You both step into the circle in question after which the skeleton says a word you don't quite catch. Red light engulfs both of you, and for a split moment you feel like you were hanging in mid-air before darkness fills your vision. A flame appears next to you, in Kratin's free hand to be more exact, revealing that you were in a cave. On the wall you see a wood sword support in which was placed a scimitar, most certainly the one you were looking for. The flame's orange glow gave it a dark color, and you realize that the blade wasn't reflecting the light at all. You don't have time to inspect it, though, because you hear voices echoing from somewhere, and they were getting closer.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:04:45 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 46) Roll to kick ass if necessary: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »

Theta speaks quietly to Kratin: "I'll move out of the light and then rush them once they start fighting. If they don't know they'll be fighting two opponents then they might not call for backup or anything like that."

Move out of the light into a concealed position. If a fight starts Electric Dash to the enemy that is adjacent to the most other enemies and then attack with the scythe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2017, 12:15:51 am »

"Nice to see you've been having fun."

Stab the stupid lamias with my rapiers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2017, 12:40:54 am »

"Accipiter... Accipiter... Accipiter," Nayrous mumbles to himself realizing the error of his choice. "Bird let me rescind my choice. Would you except the name Cordelia? Puella beatiful bestia de caelo, soror in morte. Until I can know the name which you lived by."

Nayrous suddenly speaks up, "Tell me about Mt. Zulle. I'm looking to recover my living form. Are any of the south towns skilled in the magic of the dark?"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:46:22 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34