Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42415 times)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 41) Roll to dodge: Estratia (5/6) (Open)
« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2017, 07:25:08 pm »

Roll 41
----
I really need to increase my rolling speed.

Mercenary 1

Hazrafol turns his head towards you as you speak and sizes you up, his laugher fading to small chuckles now.
"Actually, neither me nor anyone will have to worry about this prick ever again." he eventually answers, giving you a large grin.
"What in the world are you ins-" you don't get to hear the end of the ex-warlock's words because you once again feel your very being ripped out of your body. This time, though, your senses seem to remain intact, since an excruciating pain takes hold of you, a feeling of your soul being torn apart by an overwhelming force and then stitched back together...

It takes you a few moments to regain your focus as your realize that you are now back in your old skeleton body. That horrible feeling was gone now, and you seemed to be mostly okay, although you feel that something around you was missing.
"Get up." you hear Hazrafol's voice from above and realize that you were laying on the ground. You immediately get up and glance around, noticing that the imp's old body was nowhere to be found. And so was Doma. "I know you have a lot of questions, so let's just get them over with." he says, his tone sounding more serious, although you could also discern a glint of sarcasm.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Well, I don't know whether to say that's a blessing or the most vile curse." Rhunon replied. "Frankly, I would not be able to imagine life wit- H-hey, where are you going?!" he adds just before you start following the trail, coming after you at a moderate pace. It seems that for some reason he can't see the glowing footprints. Or maybe just their glow, you couldn't know for certain unless you asked. Either way, you continue following the tracks in the silence of the night.

Finally, you are led to a rather ordinary looking tree, with a hole dug into the base of it's trunk. There, you can see the creature's tucked away in a corner, surrounded by almost complete darkness. You can barely make out it's round shape covered in very unruly fur and two limbs that resembled hands, ending in three curved fingers. Of course, the only reason you can even make out any of this is because of the light emited by your 'eyes'. Meanwhile, Rhunon glances at the hole and then at you, almost urging you to approach the animal.

In the end neither of you have to take any action, because all of a sudden the sky flashes red for a mere split second, followed by a violent wind gust that knocks both of you off balance. The sudden commotion seems to have woken up the creature, as you quickly notice it's violet eyes staring directly at you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You proceed to internally and externally freak out at the way the recent events unfolded. Since you are not thinking clearly anomyre, your instincts take over...

(Do what comes natural {RNG power}: 98/100)

You have no idea how or why, but you somehow manage to reach deep into your soul and do... something. Either way, Magicka from all Marsh's creatures around you, including Nez'gol, floods your body and eventually every fiber of your being. Your hands start moving on their own accord and draw your trusty Zweihander, feeling as all the power is drained inside the greatsword. After that, you swing it upward and, to both your and the lizardman's awe, a wave of bright yellow fire incinerates everything in front of you, using up all the Magicka inside the weapon. Which includes the bushes from where you took the korum.

Either way, your friend seems to be completely shocked by the display.
"I do not comprehend." he whispers.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Deciding to wake up Fenrir, you rush back to the public area and find the place where you slept. There, Fenrir was still sleeping, and on closer inspection you notice that his left eye was bruised. Nevertheless, you proceed to wake him up with a vigorous shake, to which he reacts by nearly falling off the bed.
"Erk, what the-" he attempts to regain his balance by holding onto you, but that only results in both of you sprawled on the floor. The man, who ended up on top of you, quickly gets on his feet and helps you get up.
"Why'd you have to do that?" he asks, looking somewhat embarassed.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"I wouldn't interfere with this..." Brussian replies to your vague comment before running under a fair-sized bush which was somewhat farther away than the pine tree that you ended up using as cover. You decide to set up a trap by sending two knives towards another tree, creating a tripwire between them. Just as you make sure the wire doesn't have any slack, Saraqael runs next to you from the other side then sits at your legs so that you were both hidden by the tree's trunk.

Anyway, a quick glance towards the black sphere reveals that it was beggining to emit a yellow light, glowing brighter and brighter until the inside became completely white with yellow outline. Any normal creature would not be able to look at it without hurting their eyes, but fortunately that wasn't the case for you. A second passes and then you are able to see that the sphere's shape was starting to deform more and more, eventually stretching and becoming a 'rip' in the space itself. Not long after that you hear a screech and a humanoid creature is suddenly thrown out of the distortion, landing headfirst on the ground. You cannot make out it's features out well, but you can clearly see that it had two leather wings on it's back and was wearing some sort of orange robe. Not to mention the long horns adorning the head.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 39) Roll to timeskip: Estratia (5/6)
« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2017, 07:27:06 pm »

"Okay. First, what EXACTLY just happened? And two, how the hell do I get back to where I came from?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

THIS IS NOT HELPING ME CALM DOWN. SIT DOWN. BREATHE DEEPLY. FOCUS ON SOMETHING CALMING, LIKE INVENTORY EXPANSION.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile

Just a small notice for everyone: I'm going to release the next roll in 2 days regardless of how many people made their actions, so I'd like to ask all players who didn't post yet to hurry up.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

((Oh no.

I was procrastinating :L))

"I wonder why he has wings," Cyfraith stares with a blank expression. "I mean... it's a disadvantage facing us, for sure."

Run away! Try to mask our footsteps using air magic to create a shallow void around our feet; if spotted, prepare Tempest to use to repel the bloodthirster.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

((Sorry I was on vacation with zero internet. :S))

Nayrous meets the beast's glare and steps forward. But he does not show obvious sighs of preparing for combat, "Creature of the night, tell me, is your tongue laden with the taste of death? Or are your eyes of a violet moon just an imp's trick? Verum, fratri."

Enter Estuans Mortem if attacked. "These," Nayrous points to his own eyes, bearing his wicked skeletal grin, "I earned these."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:13:04 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's forget what happened just now. Anyway, the initiations about to start. You'll be left behind if you don't get ready.

Wait for Fenrir to get his stuff ready then quickly head back for the initiation.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(So you have a slot open?)

Spoiler: Theta (click to show/hide)

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(So does Rauther have my spot now?)

"GEROLT ATTAC"

Geralt Attac, but he also Protec
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 42) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist open)
« Reply #339 on: July 24, 2017, 08:28:47 am »

Roll 42
----
Oh boy. I definitely didn't mean to delay the roll so much. Although, I have to admit, running this rtd teaches me about quite a few things I had no idea about in the past. Could be useful if I decide to make other RtD games after this one is complete/abandoned. Oh, and:
--
Anyway, let's all welcome our newest player, Rautherdir! Although you'll probably end up trying to kill each other, since he's part of the opposing faction and all.
--
@_DivideByZero_ Yeah, I end up doing that sometimes too. (especially with this rtd lately, for some reason)
--
@WunderKatze Don't worry about it. I hope you had fun, wherever you went.
--
@Chrose Well, pretty much that. I'm sure you won't mind.

Mercenary 1

Hazrafol grins at your words, gesturing towards your head, or mask to be more precise, with one of his clawed fingers.
"For starters, that piece of painted ceramic you wear on your head has some pretty powerful runes. Normally they ward against most demonic magic, but..." he trails off for a second. "Long story short I triggered the runes in a way which they released all the Magicka infused within them in a vortex. Fortunately, it was so powerful that it ripped our souls from our hosts." the warlock chuckles before drawing a small circle in the air between you.
"Since we were caught within the vortex, our souls were forced to enter the body right next to them. That's how you ended up in the imp body, Doma in yours and I in his. After that I simply used my new power to make you switch bodies and then I devoured Doma inside my old body." he finished, looking on the verge of erupting in laugher again at the mention of the ex-warlock. Fortunately, he manages to control himself this time.

"As for going back, that would be simple. All I need to do is reverse the spell that brought you here and you'll be right back to that dungeon where you opened a chest or something. But first..." just as Hazrafol finishes his words you feel a surge of pure energy course into you. You also notice that the green rune on your leg started glowing, but immediately went back to normal once the surge stopped. (+112 EXP, Nix leveled up!)
"Consider that a reward for helping me. Anyway, I'll be in touch..." he says, his tone insidious tone sending a shiver through you. Nevertheless, he begins muttering a few words and a bunch of runes on the obelisk behind him light up in different colors just before an impenetrable darkness fills your vision.

It takes you a few moments to realize that you were back at the pyramid, and the impenetrable darkness was actually the inside of the trapped chest, which turned out to be empty. Trying to process what happened, you look around, noticing the other red treasure chest and the blue jar near you, although Daxon is nowhere to be found.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (??)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

The creature doesn't move as you speak to it, choosing to instead stare directly into your 'eyes'. And also completely ignoring Rhunon, who went to lean on a nearby tree. You notice that he was inspecting one of his arrows. As you return your attention to the creature, it starts making a deep sound, much like when you saw it earlier, and suddenly, images, thoughts and feelings start filling your counsciousness, blocking out your own.

*On the ground, below three taloned fingers lies a dead rat. One of the many after the hunt today. Not able to enjoy it for long, as a large, intimidating footseps close in for behind. Bear. It reveals the teeth, a menacing growl coming from it's chest. Surprised, scared. Abandon food, turn around and run towards the clearing. Perfect for flying. Not notice vine, get hobbled in it. Footsteps very close. Panic. One last struggle to break free. Too late. A roar right above and then pain. Red. Then black...*

You realize that you were laying facefirst on the ground as your mind comes back to reality. Getting up, you see that the creature was coming out of the trunk and sat in front of you, all the while not averting it's gaze from your eyes for a single moment. The elf was still laying against the same tree, probably resting.[/i]
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You realize that freaking out and accidentally burning everything in front of you is not a good way of calming down, so, instead you settle down on the ground. Well, the non-burnt part to be specific. Anyway, you start breathing deeply in and out in an attempt to calm your nerves. You feel some relief as your strained muscles slowly begin to relax while the wind coming from behind cools down your skin. A verdant aroma with subtle hints of sweet scent fills your lungs, allowing you to forget about what just happened as you close your eyes. You start thinking about your inventory and how small it seems, thinking of ways to expand it's size. A thought comes to mind while doing this: you could carry items over the limit, but then you would be overencumbered because of it, and thus it would be harder to get things done. No, you had to buy a backpack, bag or something along the line if you were to continue your adventure days. After all, what kind of adventurer doesn't loot everything he can in the off chance it comes in handy?!

You continue contemplating the subject for quite a while and have calmed down considerably. Also, you managed to not start a forest fire with your panicked magic. Anyway, you get up from the ground, feeling refreshed but also realizing that you haven't eaten in a while. Your stomach growls unhappily. Though, hunger aside, something feelt off, so you take a look around you... and quickly realize that Nez'gol was missing.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"What..." Fenrir looks at you bemused for a few seconds, then his eyes suddenly light up in realization. "Oh, right, that thing about the Blood Assassins." he says, more as a confirmation for himself than anything else. Nevertheless, he picks up the rod he looted yesterday, which was leaning against the wall, and puts his coat on before coming with you.

A few moments later, you're back to the spot where the trio was waiting for you. The minotaur snorts at the sight of the man, it's wings quivering a little. He replies him with a glare, right hand going in the confines of his coat, all the while Carola looks at them confused before shaking her head and walking beside you. Wendala, who was talking to a person in violet coat before you arrived, turns towards you, a neutral look plastered on her face.
"Well, I'm going to assume that you are done with preparations, so let's get a move on. Ezzergal will lead us to where the initiation will take place." the woman says, tilting her head towards the armored beast. He nods towards her before walking towards the entrance, bumping into Fenrir intentionally along the way. Your companion grips his staff but says nothing, and with that you all follow him outside.

Outside the castle you see some red orcs in armor standing guard and the bridge where you came from in the distance. Ezzergal leads you east along the hill until you reach a small footpath leading up to a small building. You trudge on, the tall green grass not providing a particularly good footing, although the very least the minotaur pretty much cleared the pathway for you with his size, so there was no worry about more spiky vegetation getting stuck on your clothes, at least. Anyway, ten minutes later, you make it to the construction, which you realize was a red-pink crystal embedded at the top of a tiny tower, it's shadow barely reaching your feet. The five of you stop in front of it, after which Wendala turns towards you, her lips curved slightly into a smile. Not the reasurring type, though.
"Alright, this crystal here will transport us to the Elevated Castle of Aru, the slayer." the woman explains, her fingers trailing on the smooth, gray stone that the miniature tower was made of. "And yes, that is where you'll begin the initiation." she adds after a moment.
"Unless she messes the incantation again. Then just pray that I feel like catching you." the beast comments, shaking his wings a little and sending a small gust of wind your way.
"That is not going to happen." she retorts, although she frowns and avoids his glare. "Anyway, any questions before we go there?" she then suddenly asks, a serious expression now on her face.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You note that the demon's wings would be a disadvantage due to your aerokinesis, or air magic, or whatever you wish to call your abillities. Although, you'd only be able to exploit this while he's flying, otherwise he's just tuck his wings behind his back to avoid the air friction they add. Either way, as you stare at the new arrival, you see that he was starting to get up, so you quickly make the wise decision of running away. With some air manipulation you manage to create an air void around your and Saraqael's feet to aid in your escape, but, with the corner of your eye, you notice the demon's head snapping towards your direction...

A split second later, his entire body, robe and other garments too, turns into a bright yellow fire, which then immediately charges towards you. You and the xerberus are only able to take a few steps before it reaches you and, fortunately, stopping just before the flames are close enough to burn you. In an instant, they draw brack and start materializing back into the demon's body and clothes. Since getting away now was out of the question, you decide to cast your spell at him, although he seems to have the same intentions.

(Clash {AGI}: Cyfraith 3 + 1 = 4 vs 5 = 3 + 2 Demon)
(Demon: 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 21 vs 9 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Cyfraith)

He manages to outspeed you and suddenly blue burning chains erupt from the ground around you, then they twist and you find yourself tied up by them. For some reason this fire doesn't hurt you at all, and you are still able to use Magicka despite being imobilized, so you simply finish casting the Hurricane...

(Cyfraith: 4 + 2 + 2 = 8 vs 22 = 1 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 6 Dodge Demon)

Unfortunately, he easily gets out of it's way with quite surprising speed, although, Saraqael follows up by leaping towards the hellspawn, murderous intent clear in his eyes...

(Saraqael: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 4 vs 17 = 1 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 Dodge Demon)

And yet he once again efortlessly dodges the attack, the xerberus landing on the ground where he was before turning towards the enemy, baring his teeth in a snarl.

---
Enemies:

Demon
---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

You groggily wake up from your makeshift bed, body aching from the patched matress you managed to scavenge for yourself. You had it better than others though, most of them either only had some cloth to cover themselves with while others slept directly on the floor. To be honest, the whole basement floor dedicated for 'sleeping quarters' looked more like a jailhouse than anything: the cold, dark gray brick walls giving the place a depressing look, and most of the doors were made of iron grates. Not to mention the shackles attack to the wall of some rooms, mainly for the purpose of delivering punishment or for those who... could find enjoyment in them.

Anyway, you're sure that your predicament won't last for long. After all, you joined the Order to gain more power, not sleep in a cozy hotel. With that thought you finally summon the strength to get off your bed and gather the meager possesion you had from the drawer, which was the only furniture your room had: a scythe which you strap on your back, a spell book and two items that you immediately pocket. You take a quick look around the room, noticing that the person you share it with, a water elemental, had already left. Well, either way, you start pondering on what you should do today. You could go up to the command centre, which was pretty much the only place that looked remotely nice, and get an assigment, go to the research floor where mages or people called alchemists conducted experiments on animals of the Indineral jungle, which also doubled as a sort of shopping district where you could buy quite powerful items or enchantments. And finally, you could simply explore the unused districts of the shrine, which in themselves were filled with traps for whatever outsider managed to find the entrance. You could be able to scavenge something from there, but it would be dangerous.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:56:41 pm by Neoexdeath »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 42) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open) *Part 2*
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2017, 08:35:28 am »

Mercenary 4

(I don't know anymore: 86/100)
You summon forth the power of memes to aid you in fighting, or something along the lines. Anyway, you proceed to attack the troll, who was almost at your end of the bridge, first.

(Sir Gerolt the Magnificent: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 4 vs 10 = 4 + 2 + 3 + 1 Parry Mountain Troll)

He easily blocks your blades with his crude club. He then throws you backwards and you land on your back, your wind knocked out of your lungs. It takes you a few seconds to recover your breath, but only to realize that you were about to get crushed by the monster, who was raising his weapon over his head...

(Vanina: 1 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 11 vs 10 = 4 + 2 + 4 Parry Mountain Troll)
(Armor protection: 1 - 3 = -2 damage)

He doesn't quite manage to parry the Fireblast thrown at him by Vanina, although his hide protects him from most of the damage. Some burns still remain, though.
"Watashi wa anata o shōkyaku-sha, kitanai mono." the girl says in a distinct japanese accent, spitting the last two words as small fires burn in her eyes. It seems that your memes have made her go anime mode or something.
"TROLOLOLOLOLOL!" the troll roars and runs towards the mage with intent to make her a bloody splatter on the ground, but since in your action you wished to 'Protec', then you get up and intercept the attack...

(Parry: [1 + 1 + 1 + 1]/2 = +2)
(Dodge: -1/2 = 0)
(Mountain Troll: 4 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 7 - 1 = 22 vs 5 = 0 + 2 + 3 Intercept Sir Gerolt the Brave)

Your swords don't as much as slow down the huge piece of wood, which makes impact with your chest.
Spoiler: Gore warning (click to show/hide)
--
Enemies:

Mountain Troll
--
Alllies:

Vanina
--
Chrose

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 42) Roll to get smashed with memes: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2017, 12:12:03 pm »

"Probably best to go get orders. Besides I won't have to sleep here if I'm out on a mission."

Up to the command center it is!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »

Add 2 points to strength and dexterity. Keep moving forward, see where Daxon headed off to.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2017, 02:07:23 pm »

Wonder where lizardman friend is, begin heading back to scaly person village and look for Nez'gol.

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2017, 09:20:51 pm »

(Which cooldown is in use?)

Whelp.

Let's try the Magicka Energizer. Maybe this will make the winds of luck gaze favorably upon me.

Cyfraith, cursing her lack of offensive skills, uses gust booster to make Saraquael faster and give him a chance at making contact.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34