Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42420 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 18) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2017, 01:00:05 am »

"Very nice."

With that done, draw and swing both of my dai-katanas a few times to pass up time. Once that's done, go back and sit besides Carola to rest. Also, maybe its about time I ask her about something.

"Sorry if I'm bothering you but just for a bit... can you teach me a little about history?"

If she's fine with it, go and ask her if she could talk about the following: the summoning of the True Demon and its defeat, the Order, and the known members of said organization. Just things that people of our status are expected to know... or believe in.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:02:27 am by Crimson »

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2017, 03:12:26 am »

"I'm Geralt."

He responded flatly.

"What do you need done?"
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2017, 02:15:58 pm »

Nonononono  don't want to go back! Not yet, at least.

Cyfraith's spirit returns to her body. This time, she tries to imbue the tree with the essence of air, or make it soft enough to hack at.

She then tries to use magic again (what a surprise) this time to try and repair the wooden handle using the power of nature to revive the wood.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:17:51 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 19) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2017, 04:54:00 pm »

Roll 19
----
@NRDL you already picked up both masks, they're in your inventory.
--
@_DivideByZero_ Sorry about disrupting your plot of creating a wood golem, but the dice decided for this event to happen.
--
Also, I'm trying some new things with the title, let's see how it goes.

--

Mercenary 1

Daxon doesn't reply and simply follows you as you go north then west around the wall. You don't have too much time to look around though, because two more lamias rushed towards you!

(Grey Lamia #1: 6 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 10 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Daxon)

A sharp stinger weapon suddenly came out of the first one's hand, and she manages to overpower Daxon's parry, creating a small stab wound on his right arm. Your partner pushes the lamia back and stands next to you.
"Damn it, I think that thing was poisoned..." he says, not averting his gaze from the two enemies.

---
Enemies:

Grey Lamia

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You break the bottle, spilling the red liquid all over your bones as Rhunon gave you a weird look. You feel arcane energy surging into your body, making the incantations on your bones glow with a threatening red color, before you unleash two more umbra bolts towards the millipuves.

(Nayrous: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 11 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Armor protection: 5 - 3 - 1 = 1 damage)

Your first shot pierces through the insect's shell, leaving a noticeable hole in it's abdomen. It quickly falls down into the abyss.

(Nayrous: 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 12 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Armor protection: 3 - 3 - 1 = -1 damage)

But your second bolt, despite hitting the millipuf, fails to get through it's shell and do any noticeable damage. It still throws it back a little, giving the elf enough time to launch an arrow...

(Rhunon: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Armor protection: 5 - 3 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 0 damage)

And then a second one...

(Rhunon: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 13 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Armor protection: 6 - 3 + 1 - 1 = 3 damage)

Victory! +15 Exp.

His second arrow easily goes through the insect's carapace, killing off the last millipuf. Although it doesn't seem that your little skirmish had gone unnoticed, because some more millipuves were coming towards you from the hole to the east.
"We really should go unless you want the whole nest teaming up on us." he says towards you before running the rest of the way towards the next room. You notice that he's moving slower than usual.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

The sylvan gasps in surprise as you ferociously charge towards her, but quickly regains her composure and braces for your attack...

(Antaeus: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 5 vs 5 = 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Sylvan)
(Antaeus: 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 9 vs 5 = 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Sylvan)
(Armor protection: 4 - 2 = 2 damage)

She barely manages to dodge your first blow but you get her on your second attack, slicing through her earth barrier and creating a large gash across her torso. She falls on the wooden floor, limp. In the mean time, Zal'har and Nez'gol were dueling whe suddenly the rogue started chanting some words and, to both of your surprise, your partner is suddenly encased in solid ice.
"Well then, I see you left me outnumbered. No matter, I can deal with you one at a time if needed." he sayd before running towards you, trident pointed at the center of your chest...

---
Enemies:

Zal'har

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Well, yes, I do. I went hiking on a mountain two days ago and I just reached the peak. It turned out to be a wyrm's lair and it stole all my money, which is two thousand gold pieces in total." Vanina takes a deep breath before continuing. "I tried killing it, but it overpowered me so I had to run away. Now I'm kind of broke and I want to hire someone to help me get the money back." she continues, gesturing towards the centre of the room. "The reward will be four hundrer gold pieces and you get to keep whatever loot you want. Uh... are you interested?" she finished, looking at you with hope in her eyes.
--
Chrose

Empire 1

Happy with the results of your experiments, you decide to swing your katanas a bit in order to pass some time. You don't really increase your skill by doing that this time, although it's probably good to keep yourself in shape. (+2 exp)
Anyway, you return to the carriage where you see that the man was almost finished with repairing the wheel. You also see Carola practicing some moves with her blades, although she stops as you approach her. You ask her about the summoning of the True Demon and its defeat, the Order, the known members of said organization and other things like that. The girl takes a few moments to sheathe her weapons before responding.
"Well, the main things we know about the summoning of the True Demon is that it required a massive amount of people to be sacrificed. That is, I believe, when the Order made it's pressence most known, because their agents basically kidnapped an entire village and used them as sacrifices. No one really knows how they did that though. Anyway, as we all know True Demons are far too powerful to be controlled by our magic, so when Bahamur was summoned into our world he started destroying everything in his path. People suspect that the reason why he razed Metrolia first was because it was summoned somewhere nearby." the fighter begins. "Anyway, a group of powerful heroes led by Tyrine's Crusader, Pendragon, have somehow defeated him. I don't really know the details to be honest, but I do know that the group has disbanded and they're all living their lives in secluded areas. As for the Order..." she sights. "To be frank, everyone who knows anything important about them is either on their side or dead. All that has been found out is that their main bases of operations are seven 'shrines' spread around Estratia and that they're trying to conquer the world or something along the lines. As for the members, they're all fanatics and psychopaths if you ask me." she finishes with a shrug.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You attempt to go back to the safety of your body, but the presence quickly engulfs you, covering the world around you in a strange essence shifting between all sorts of dark colors.
"I believe you are mistaking me for someone else..." the colors around you suddenly gather into a large bird with onyx black eyes. It sends a chill through your essence. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Amarethom, the God of Rebirth. Or Phoenix God, as some preffer to call me." the bird says, it's calm tone resonating with a rather... sinister sound. "I have taken an interest in you and wish to make an offer. If you are interested, of course." it adds, shifting it's strange wings a little.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:56:14 pm by Neoexdeath »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I see... You know, the reason I was late early this morning was because of a dream I had last night. Suffice to say, it shook me up a bit...

To explain, I was a prisoner in some place I didn't know, probably a shrine or a temple. I didn't know what was happening but while imprisoned, I heard strangers talk about things, about the summoning of the True Demon that destroyed Metrolia, about a plan to destroy or conquer Estratia, and something about a drug or potion that could strengthen creatures. Thinking about it, I'm not even sure if its a dream or a nightmare..."

See what Carola has to say about my story. Explain more if she inquires.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Take this, quick."

Toss Daxon the Healing Reagent, stab the nearest Lamia.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"You are poisoned, take this. Gratia amicus." Nayrous says dryly.

Hand Rhunon my Healing Reagent while moving to the next room.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Focus on parrying, attack only if I see an opportunity.

Heh... it seems that your thrall wasn't as powerful as it seemed. If you wish to live, leave now. This is my final warning.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

What interest have you in the realm of mortals? Cyfraith asked, speaking as a soul.
My kind consider themselves free from the corrupting influence of the lower earth. They consider this a valid license to stand by, and do nothing as darkness consumes the light. So tell me, she continues boldly,
What are your plans for the world? Are you going to sit back and toy around in your machinations? Or do you have something greater in mind?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A wyrm, huh."

Geralt pondered over the quest, remaining silent.

"I won't promise anything, but I'll try. Where is the Wyrm's nest?"
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 20) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2017, 04:34:14 pm »

Roll 20
----
Sometimes I really wonder what you people think of this RtD. I mean, no one's complaining, so I guess it's okay, but... meh.
--

Mercenary 1

Daxon quickly sheathes one of his scimitars and catches the potion before pouring some on his wound and then drinking the rest. It heals in just a few seconds under your eyes, and the relic hunter decides to throw the bottle at the lamia who stabbed him.

(Daxon: 6 + 2 = 8 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Dodge Grey Lamia)

The bottle hits the lamia straight in the face, shattering and leaving a few glass shards embedded in her wounds. As she hisses in pain you rush in towards her...

(Nix: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 5 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Dodge Grey Lamia)

Your rapier strikes deep into her chest and she falls down on the ground, limp. Meanwhile, the other lamia lunges towards you!

(Grey Lamia: 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 6 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Nix)

She barely manages to go through your guard and stabs your pelvis. You start feeling... odd.

---
Enemies:

Grey Lamia

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Thanks, but it's not poison, it's venom. There's... a difference. Fortunately I have a way to deal with this." Rhunon replies, taking out a stinger. Looking at it, you realize that it was smaller than the ones the millipuves had. Then, without any warning, he stabs the tiny hole where the millipuf injected it's venom, leaving it there for a few seconds before throwing it away into the abyss. "The paralytic poison in a Giant Hornet's stinger counteracts most venoms and poisons, but it inflicts lots of pain. Also might make you feel fatigued for about an hour." he explains as he took your Reagent and poured about half of the bottle onto his now enlarged wound. "This should take care of the problem, though, so again thank you. Let's go." the elf finally says before handing you the rest of the potion and then running towards the next section of the cave. You stash it back into your inventory and follow after him through a narrow pathway going north and right into a small room. Looking around, you see more of the weird spiky things littering the ground and the only path going forward was blocked by a giant stalagmite. There was a hole you could jump over to the other side, although, just like the abyss in the other room, you can't really see the bottom of it.
"Well, unless you are sure you can make that jump, I hope you have a spell with enough power to blow through that stalagmite." he remarks, glancing worriedly towards the corridor from where you came.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

The rogue leader was just a breath away from you as you finished your sentence. You raise your giant sword in an attempt to parry his trident...

(Zal'har: 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 7 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 Parry Antaeus)

Unfortunately, he overpowers your guard and inflicts a small wound on your shoulder. You also see that his weapon left some damage on your Zweihander.
"It's odd how you seem unwilling to fight me when you just killed one of my servants without a second thought and who knows how many of my people before getting here." comes Zal'har's reply as you stumble backwards. Ignoring his words for now, you slash towards him...

(Antaeus: 6 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 11 vs 9 = 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Parry Zal'har)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 - 1 = 0 damage)
(Antaeus: 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 6 vs 10 = 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Zal'har)

He blocks both of your attacks, although it seems that your first strike managed to damage his leather vest somewhat.

---
Enemies:

Zal'har

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"In a cave near the peak of the mountain I believe. I know the way, so I can get us there anytime your want." Vanina explained, fidgeting a little. "We can go right now, unless you have something else that needs doing..." she added, glancing towards the door.
--
Chrose

Empire 1

Carola listens with interest as you summarize your nightmare to her. For a few moments, she just stands there, processing everything you just said, before raising her head again and looking straight into your eyes.
"Do you know what caused this nightmare? Did you hear any names of people or places? How did this nightmare end?" the girl suddenly bombards you with questions. You see strange glint in her eyes, a glint of... hope?

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"I do not have any real interest in the realm of mortals as a whole, but rather in you and someone else." Amarethom replies with what could pass as amusement in his tone. "I also do agree with your kind's way of living. This plane lacks perfection, and thus the darkness must devour the light, instilling chaos so that the world may change itself before light is once again reborn and yet another temporary order is established. It is not my place to interfere with the cycle, although..." it trails off for a second. "There is a certain someone who wishes to destroy this status quo for his own benefit. That cannot be allowed, and I believe the consequences of this person's actions would affect your people too." the Phoenix God finally explains before extending one of it's legs towards you. You notice that it was holding a fine white ring with intricate models and symbols seemingly woven straight into the metal itself. "Unfortunately, my power is limited in the Goddess's of Life plane, but I can offer you this as a gift if you accept to serve me."
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:07:15 pm by Neoexdeath »

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 20) Roll to get poisoned: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »

"Lead the way."

---

"By the way, you're a mage right? What type of magic can you use?"

Geralt asked midway to the mountain, glancing at her Rod.

Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2017, 04:52:00 pm »

Stab this stupid lamia.

((I'll be honest, this is probably one of the best RTD's I've been a part of.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2017, 07:38:40 pm »

I... was attacked by them... I wish for the bloodshed to end, you fool! However, I now see that there is only one solution...

Go all Willpower on his ass, attack as many times as I can
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2017, 11:50:20 pm »

Nayrous nods slowly. He only has a vague concept of pain and fatigue put together from the dream like memories of his past self.

"I observe a certain nostalgia for the ailments of the flesh," Nayrous says in reference to himself, "However, I can only figure them to be a tedious nuisance.

Benedictus sit a mortuis. To find myself jealous of the living! Gratia."

((As much as it hurts me to neglect my adverse nature and submit to a 'use x here' scenario, I'm not sure if I'm counting on that +2 magic potion for this to work. And using my broadsword (if I need the +2 power) on a rock seems like a poor choice.))

Nayrous casts shadow blast and knocks down the obstacle.

((Also. I'm worried that my constant switching between forms is going to lag both my melee exp and my magic exp.

I mean.

Maybe that's the idea. :P ))

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34