Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42414 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 16) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2017, 03:54:06 pm »

Down some Aquapunga potion, stab this little fairy shit.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2017, 05:40:01 pm »

"Verily."

Sneaky time.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2017, 09:24:30 pm »

"Whoever he is, let's just hope that his underlings won't trouble us any further."

Continue resting. When there's time, take out one of the shortswords and do a magic experiment. Try to infuse the shortsword with lightning to temporarily make it more effective against armored opponents.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2017, 11:16:57 pm »

"You have proven your loyalty,"

Cyfraith stares at the blood-oaky mess.

"I ought to prove mine, I suppose. Not sure how."

Cyfraith first strips the oak body of all its branches, twigs, and so on, leaving just the trunk.

She then appraises what's left. Is there enough material for four limbs and a torso? She contemplates building a mannequin to try and control.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 17) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2017, 05:50:19 pm »

Roll 17
----

Mercenary 1

You drink up the second aquapunga potion, then, with anger burning in the red orbs that serve as your eyes, you attempt to strike towards the nereid. Unfortunately, she attacks you once again before you even have a chance to take a step forward.

(Nereid: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 2 vs 4 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Nix)

But you easily deflect the ice shards that she threw at you. You then finally move in and attempt to stab with your rapier...

(Nix: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 10 = 1 + 3 + 6 Dodge Nereid)

Yet you miss by a small margin. Daxon doesn't waste any time though, and rushes towards the annoying fairy.

(Daxon: 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 9 vs 8 = 1 + 3 + 4 Dodge Nereid)

Your partner just manages to hit her, his scimitar nearly cutting her tiny body in two. Nevertheless, she fals down in a spiral before laying on the ground, limp.

Victory! +6 Exp! Nix leveled up!

"Well, I was expecting trapped chests, but not... that." Daxon comments, looking at the now empty crate in front of you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Rhunon doesn't reply and instead makes a gesture to follow him. Together, you crawl on the icy-yet-warm floor toward what seems to be another tunnel at the end. The path doesn't go straight though, forcing you to go dangerously close to the left wall as you progress...

(Sneaky Sucess Roll {AGI}: 2}

You barely notice as your skeletal hand rests upon a soft oval object. It gets easily squashed, throwing a weird yellow liquid all over and making a pretty noticeable sound. The elf glances at you before turning her head up. You raise eyes too, and, to both of your horror, notice that three millipuves jumped off the wall and were now flying towards you. And as if that wasn't bad enough, your armor also disappears from your body as the insects closed in.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

Nez'gol gives you an incredulous look while the other lizardman broke into laugher. It takes him about a minute to regain his composure.
"You really want to know, human? Fine then, listen here: centuries ago, us lizardmen used to thrive and prosper in this land. We learned the ways of nature, built a powerful tribe and even learned to channel the elements through runes, despite our lack of natural Magicka. But then, just two hundred years ago, humans of your Empire came and tried to conquer us. They took our lands, killed our warriors and treated our people as nothing more than wild animals. We were forced to retreat to the Marrowin woods and live secluded here, while they built a massive city on the ground that used to be lizardmen's. But now, this city, Metrolia, is nothing more than a ruin, so we can now take back and rebuild our great tribe." he says, a smirk forming on his reptilian lips. The earth elemental shifts slightly, but otherwise says nothing.
"Zal'har we both know this is what the king wishes for too, but you want to take revenge on the Empire's races after that." Nez'gol retorts before turning towards you. "The reason he's been cast out is because he tried to assassinate my king when he denied his request. All the lizardmen here are the ones who thought the same as him." he explains. "Frankly, all we want is just to be left alone by your kind, but Zal'har will only throw us into another war if we let him have his way." he adds. A thump on the door behind the two of you attracts your attention. The rogue leader smirk widens into a grin, revealing sharp, pointed teeth.
"Well then, now that's settled, it looks like you only have two choices: die by hand or by theirs. I know which one I'd choose." he remarks with a confident tone.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Aha. Thanks." Gelian replies, taking the box from your hand. He then searches the pockets of his leggings for a moment, finally taking out a silver talisman. "Give this back to him. He was supposed to come here and take it himself, but... feh." he says, handing it over to you. You take it and run back to the town hall, where you find Daxon sitting at a table and talking to a blonde woman in a rather... revealing suit. Anyway, he waves her off as you come and sit beside him.
"You gave it to him? Good, now, here's the..." he stares at the medalion for a second. "I knew I forgot something! Well, at least you brought it... Anyway, the map, take it." he then sttutters out, handing you the map and taking the talisman from your hand.

Quest complete...? +1 Exp {STR} to Geralt
--
Chrose

Empire 1

"I doubt that. He'll probably see that his henchmen haven't returned and assume the worst." Carola replies, still looking out of the window. You don't reply and silence settles in for about half an hour, being suddenly interrupted by a lurch. You can also hear the horses neighing. Looking outside you see that the man was coming up to your window.
"Sorry about that, ladies, but it looks like one of the wheels hit a rock and fell off. I can fix it, but it'll take some time." he explains with a curt tone before walking out of your line of view. You open the door and jump outside, followed by Carola a few seconds later, and then walk some distance from the carriage. The girl watches you quietly to see what you're up to.

(Roll for success {INT}: 7)

You manage to channel your element and infuse the shortsword with a nice amount of power. You can see the electricity coursing in and out of the blade in small purple arks, giving it a neat look. Anyway, you give it a few swings, feeling as some energy was discharged with each strike, but you can't really find out what effect your enchantment would have unless you test it on something more than air.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

Saraquel devours his meal in just two minutes before licking off the blood on his muzzle. He then walks next to you, glancing at the fallen tree and then at your axe with curiosity, although otherwise he just sits beside you. Anyway, you proceed to cut off the tree's branches and other ramifications.

(Roll for success: 1)

After about an hour of arduous work, mainly due to your lacking physical strenght, you are finally left with just the bare trunk and the mobile roots which it used to move. Unfortunately, your axe breaks pretty badly in the process, and you'll probably won't be using it ever again without reapairs, and all the energy you expended on the task has left you exhausted. Anyway, with a critical eye you inspect it and come to the conclusion that you could use the wood to make a medium-sized manequin, perhaps even slightly bigger than you if you'd use the two long branches that served as arms for the blood-oak. Although you'd have to shorten then a little if you wanted them proportional to the rest of the body.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:17:18 am by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2017, 06:06:40 pm »

Level up, add one point to RESistance. Check out the two masks on the wall, see if there's anything special about them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2017, 11:57:32 pm »

Follow Nez'gol's lead. Duel with the rogue leader to the end.

You'll soon find that I am far more than human, foul beast.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 04:16:13 pm by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2017, 04:29:45 am »

Cyfraith doesn't like to be exhausted, and she has a puppy to wake her up if there's trouble. Her spirit temporarily leaves her form to rest.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2017, 09:46:04 am »

"Hmm. Interesting."

Go search for something not too hard that I can use to test my enchantment, like a tree or anything similar in toughness. Though if I can't find anything like that, then I'll settle with a rock. Once I find something, temporarily equip the shortsword and reapply the electric enchantment if its already gone. Next is to lightly slash the object with the sword to test out the effects of the enchatment while minimizing the risk of the blade getting damaged.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2017, 10:47:43 am »

Stuffing the map into his pocket, Geralt turns to leave. Before he does, the blonde catches his attention from the corner of his eye. She likely came here to ask for help, Geralt thought, and decides to approach her.

"Do you have any job that needs doing?"
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2017, 03:21:03 pm »

Unleash a volley of Umbra bolts at the oncoming foes.

"I've prepared a home for you in the shadows! Aeternalis umbra! Perish!"

Nayrous remains responsive to Rhunon, following Rhunon if he decides it is safer to flee.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 18) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2017, 05:56:53 pm »

Roll 18
----

Mercenary 1

Daxon watches you as you go to check the two masks on the wall. One of them is green and has a strange inscription on it which you can't read, while the other one is yellow and has a beard along with different simbols etched into it. Your partner comes closer and inspects the writing on the green one.
"It reads: this shall be the key to what you desire." he explains with a thoughtful look. "Perhaps we'll need to insert it somewhere? Either way, we still have to explore the rest of this room." he adds and you quickly realize that he was right. You still needed to go around the wall to the west in order to see if there was anything else around.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You both quickly get up and draw your weapons, switching back to your rod since you're not in your armor anymore. Anyway, before you can even begin your incantations, Thunon looses an arrow towards the closes millipuf...

(Rhunon: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Armor protection: 7 - 3 + 1 - 1 = 4 damage)

Her arrow pierce right through the insect, heading towards the second one, which was, fortunately, right behind it...

(Rhunon: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Red Millipuf)

Yet this one manages to dodge the arrow quite easily. Nevertheless, you move in to attack, casting a barrage of umbra bolts!

(Nayrous: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 6 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Nayrous: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Red Millipuf)

And yet you miss both of your shots. How... unfortunate. In the meantime, the third millipuf was getting dangerously close to your partner...

(Red Millipuf: 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 9 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Rhunon)
(Damage: 2 - 3 = 0)

The millipuf lands a good hit with it's stinger on his arm, yet it didn't actually inflict much of a wound. Despite that, the elf seems somewhat clumsier than just before when he jumps back and looses two arrows towards the insects...

(Rhunon: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 10 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Armor protection: 1 - 3 + 1 - 1 = -2)

(Rhunon: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 10 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Red Millipuf)
(Armor protection: 1 - 3 + 1 - 1 = -2)

Yet both of his shots are deflected by their carapace. However, your assault on the two remaining millipuves have made them stagger back for a few moments. Rhunon turns towards you and tosses you something.
"Just drink it." was the only thing he said as you caught it with in your hand. It turns out it was a bottle filled with a concentrated red liquid, which your recognize as a Magicka Energyzer!

---
Enemies:

Red Millipuf x 2

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Do your worst." Zal'har replied before drawing out his trident. Meanwhile, the earth elemental whips out a spellbook. You and Nez'gol both draw your swords and finally, you all rush at each other, except for the sylvan, who stays in the back. You clash with the rogue leader...

(Clash {AGI}: Antaeus 5 vs 2 Zal'har)
(Antaeus: 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 11 vs 9 = 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Parry Zal'har)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 - 1 = 0 damage)

(Antaeus: 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 12 vs 10 = 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Zal'har)

Despite beating the lizardman in terms of speed, his armor protects him from the brunt of both of your attacks. Nevertheless, the sheer force of your blows still sends your opponent a few steps back. Your partner profits from this and lunges towards him...

(Nez'gol: 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 8 = 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Parry Zal'har)

But his shortsword can barely penetrate his leather armor, leaving only a tiny hole in it. Meanwhile, the earth elemental begins chanting.

(Sylvan: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8 vs 11 = 1 - 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 5 Parry Antaeus)
(Sylvan: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 6 Dodge Nez'gol)

You and Nez'gol are left mostly unhurt by the debris caused by the earthquake she summoned. But it's not over yet...

(Sylvan: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 7 = 1 - 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 Parry Antaeus)
(Sylvan: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 9 vs 4 = 1 + 1 + 2 Dodge Nez'gol)

You feel a strange sensation taking over your body. You feel a small resistance whenever you try to move your limbs.

---
Enemies:

Zal'har

Sylvan

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Huh? Oh hi..." the girl replies rather shily. You take a moment to study her: despite having a cheerful expression, you can notice a glint of nervousness in her blue eyes. Her body was quite well proportioned and she was wearing a rather simple black dress. You also notice a rod slung behind her. "W-well, yes, I do have something that needs doing... but first, um... what's your name? I'm Vanina." she adds, her tone becoming more confident.
--
Chrose

Empire 1

You don't have to search too long as you find an old tree growing near a sign pointing the nearby locations. You equip the shortsword and enchant it once again with your newly acquired spell before giving it a few test swings on the tree while being careful to not damage the blade in the process. The result is that whenever you hit the tree with your weapon, some electricity is discharged into the tree, which... starts a small fire. You easily put it out though, it wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway, it looks like you now have a nice way to complement your crippling weakness against parrying enemies. You proceed to re-equip your dai-katanas after releasing the rest of electrical energy infused within your testing-shortsword.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You decide to leave your body in order to refresh your energy, thinking that Saraquel will protect you despite you not telling him anything about what you were up to. Basically all he sees is your now limp doll body falling on the ground. Anyway, while you are resting outside your body, you fell a strange yet familiar pressence reaching towards your soul.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:58:39 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2017, 10:25:50 pm »

Your magics cannot defeat me, earth-creature! I shall show thee true power!

Barrel at the earth elemental, and attempt to deliver it a crushing blow!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2017, 10:27:43 pm »

"Drink?" The skeleton chuckles to himself.

Nayrous uses the potion but instead of inserting it into his bottomless jaw and down his nonexistent throat, he breaks the container allowing to drench his dusty bones.

Fire another Umbra volley!

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2017, 12:19:12 am »

"We'll pick these masks up when we get back."

Explore beyond the wall to the areas I haven't been to yet.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34