Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cant determine if its a bug military equipment  (Read 872 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
Cant determine if its a bug military equipment
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:50:01 pm »

Hello,
As the title says I cant determine if its a bug but heres the problem:
I created a military squad as soon as I found copper and made a full set of equipment for my recruits.
I went to the military equipment option and selected each of the individual armor choice for my dwarfs so they wont run around with the
weakest kind of armor in my fort.
They went and took all the items except the gloves and boots.
In the military equipment option the boots and gloves are marked as assigned, but I can clearly see them in the stockpile.
also in dwarf therapist it tells me their boots and gloves are missing and at the game when I trade I can trade their boots and gloves even when in the military equipment menu those are assigned and I dont have any extra armor I dont plan on using.

Is this a bug?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:51:36 pm by Lioneez »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Cant determine if its a bug military equipment
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 07:12:42 pm »

If you're selecting individual armor pieces, you need to assign two boots and two gloves.

You'll also need to set their uniforms to replace clothing if they're already wearing certain gloves and shoes.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:14:27 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:15:46 pm »

Even if you only select a material, or even just 'metal', Dwarves will choose the best armour in the fort, not the weakest.

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 02:50:26 am »

Well I did assign the a pair of gloves and boots and set them to replace clothing, they still use their cloth mittens and boots but not the metal once. Only my millitia commander has taken the pair of gloves and boots but not the axeman and hammer dwarfs also the same occurs with my spear dwarfs squad. Any fix to this?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:50:29 pm »

Well I did assign the a pair of gloves and boots and set them to replace clothing, they still use their cloth mittens and boots but not the metal once. Only my millitia commander has taken the pair of gloves and boots but not the axeman and hammer dwarfs also the same occurs with my spear dwarfs squad. Any fix to this?
You need to tell each position/member of the squad to Replace Clothing.

Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 10:46:08 am »

goddammit, and I was thinking it was squad orientated thx it fixed it