Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: (Open) Insanity - Anything Goes - Part 1: New Neighbors  (Read 10324 times)

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
(Open) Insanity - Anything Goes - Part 1: New Neighbors
« on: February 07, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »

INSANITY - Anything Goes - Part 1: New Neighbors
You wake up in your house, or at least, what looks to be your house. Hey, look, there's some new neighbors, also waking up!

You should probably go out and meet them, make some coffee, chat about life. Let's just hope things don't get too crazy, though...

Rules
laughing uncontrollably

Sorry, I didn't realize you actually needed those.

Essentially, you can try anything you want, whenever you want, for whatever reason you want. You'll still be constrained by what's physically possible... mostly.

On the flip side, I also get to do whatever I want, provided there is some correlation between your action and it - if you say you eat a pancake, I can make the pancake actually be a CIA top-secret camoflauged hoverboard. Basically, you do whatever you want, and I make it turn out however I want. Expect a lot of funny dialogue, references, 4th-wall breaks, and bad puns.

(I also encourage you to play while angry, sad, right after you drank six coffees, or simply up at 3 AM nightblogging showerthoughts. I'll probably be GMing the same way.)

Rolls
All actions are determined with a d10, through random.org. Modifiers will be added based on your current state (i.e, if you're trying to charm a toaster collector, wearing your sarcastic toaster graphic tee will give you a +1 modifier.)

You can over-do it, causing things to backfire. For example, getting a 10 with a +3 strength modifier while trying to pet a fluffy kitten will end up exactly the way you think. (Unless you think it'll be petted softly and gently.)

Spoiler: Roll meanings (click to show/hide)

Sign-Up Sheet
You can sign up at any time you want. The "Open" in the title is just there to make sure people don't think it's closed.

Name:
Appearance:
Inventory: (please pick basic items, you'll get more later on)
Personality:
List three of your favorite things:
What's 6 * 9?:

Players

Spoiler: Player Roster (click to show/hide)

Notable NPCs
Spoiler: Notable NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:13:44 pm by Tymewalk »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: (Open) Insanity - Anything Goes - Part 1: New Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 04:41:34 pm »

WIP:

Name: Zoh Roark
Appearance: Short sleeved black shirt, slightly worn jeans, short black hair, blue eyes.
Inventory: 3DSXL, Clothes, iPhone, pencil, notebook.
Personality: Calm and logical, but not in the sane way. He know's the world's insane, and that he isn't, so he tries his best to retain a modicum of composure in whatever happens. May change.
List three of your favorite things: Magic, transformation, logic.
What's 6 * 9?: Assuming the asterisk is a point of rotation, Ying-Yang. Assuming it's somehow a multiplication sign, 54.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:04:49 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 04:50:43 pm »

Name: Nix Johnson
Appearance: Wears very tacky sweaters, the kind you should only see around Christmas, and also has a tricorne hat.
Inventory: Iphone, Watch, Swiss Army Knife, stress ball, shades.
Personality: A very benevolent sociopath, who genuinely tries to be helpful and kind to other people, not because he sees them as people, but because trying to live in a sensible and orderly way is funny to him.
List three of your favorite things: Sweaters, cats, murder.
What's 6 * 9?:  Remove the asterisk, and it's something that could get me banned from this forum just for mentioning.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 04:58:01 pm »

Name: Frank
Appearance: A grumpy looking man.
Inventory: An unlabeled book.
Personality: Constantly angry.
List three of your favorite things: Yelling at kids, recalling the good old days, and chameleons.
What's 6 * 9?: 30. Obviously.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 05:20:28 pm »

WIP:

Name: Zoh Roark
Appearance: Short sleeved black shirt, slightly worn jeans, short black hair, blue eyes.
Inventory: 3DSXL, Clothes, iPhone, pencil, notebook.
Personality: Calm and logical, but not in the sane way. He know's the world's insane, and that he isn't, so he tries his best to retain a modicum of composure in whatever happens. May change.
List three of your favorite things: Magic, transformation, logic.
What's 6 * 9?: Assuming the asterisk is a point of rotation, Ying-Yang. Assuming it's somehow a multiplication sign, 54.
Accepted.

You wake up in your room, surrounded by a few posters and a bunch of books on magic, the divine, and all that.

Looking out the window, you see some other neighbors. Perhaps you should go meet them.
Name: Nix Johnson
Appearance: Wears very tacky sweaters, the kind you should only see around Christmas, and also has a tricorne hat.
Inventory: Iphone, Watch, Swiss Army Knife, stress ball, shades.
Personality: A very benevolent sociopath, who genuinely tries to be helpful and kind to other people, not because he sees them as people, but because trying to live in a sensible and orderly way is funny to him.
List three of your favorite things: Sweaters, cats, murder.
What's 6 * 9?:  Remove the asterisk, and it's something that could get me banned from this forum just for mentioning.
Accepted.

You wake up in your bed, wearing your lovely fur sweater you made from when you murdered all those kittens to make hamburgers. Hey, can't let anything go to waste in today's society, now can you?

Oh, look, new victi- I mean, neighbors! Perhaps you should go talk to them.
Name: Frank
Appearance: A grumpy looking man.
Inventory: An unlabeled book.
Personality: Constantly angry.
List three of your favorite things: Yelling at kids, recalling the good old days, and chameleons.
What's 6 * 9?: 30. Obviously.
Accepted.

You angrily wake up. Them darn whippersnappers better not ruin another day for you.

You climb out of bed, and stare out the window.

Just what you need, more crazy youngsters tearing up the neighborhood, throwing eggs at houses and such. Pssh.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:24:09 pm by Tymewalk »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 05:24:28 pm »

Walk outside the house, and greet my older neighbour with a friendly wave.

"Howdy there neighbour. Lovely day today, ain't it?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 05:44:58 pm »

Read some books for a little while, while I'm fully waking up.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 05:53:40 pm »

Frank exits his house and glares menacingly at his neighbor.

"Damn kid! You better stay off my lawn!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 05:56:14 pm »

"Now now friend, there's no need for that sort of hostility. Life's too short for pointless bickering, wouldn't ya say? I certainly think so."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 06:11:09 pm »

"Don't you tell me life's too short, you little punk! I've lived more of it than you!"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 06:16:18 pm »

Zoh, hearing the bickering, takes a small break from reading, and says out his window "Can you try to be a little more quiet? It's five o'clock in the morning. Shouldn't you be asleep for another 7 hours?", referring to the elderly, likely crazy man wearing a tricorne hat.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »

"Goodness, is that the time? I barely noticed. Well, I'll let you get back to your doings, neighbours, pleasure meeting you's all. I'll be seeing you again.", he says with a smile.

Go inside and see if there's any tools and lumber inside my house.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 06:44:23 pm »

Frank looks taken aback for a moment.

"J-just how old do you think I am?!"

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 06:57:35 pm »

Name: Moony
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: A short sturdy dwarf with a medium size beard, he has bright blue eyes and a deer leather shirt with many pockets.
Inventory: Pocket Kitten (dawwww), Small bag of cat food.
Three favoite things: Kittens, mechanisms, Traps
Personality: Logical, Anger issues.
Whats 6*9: NaN
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:03:05 pm by MoonyTheHuman »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:55 pm »

Frank looks taken aback for a moment.

"J-just how old do you think I am?!"
"Older than me, at least, but that's not saying much"
Name: Moony
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: A short sturdy dwarf with a medium size beard, he has bright blue eyes and a deer leather shirt with many pockets.
Inventory: Pocket Kitten (dawwww), Small bag of cat food.
Three favoite things: Kittens, mechanisms, Traps
Personality: Logical, Anger issues.
Whats 6*9: NaN
Tymewalk, I dare you to roll for how cute/monstrous a pocket kitten is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7