Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Castle: Gate Team 0143  (Read 6056 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Gate Team 0143
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2017, 05:25:30 pm »

"I believe there is training scheduled for those of us who do not know what firearms are.  The general principle is that you point it at something and a projectile hits the thing you pointed it at."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2017, 05:25:49 pm »

Well. At least most people knew about guns here.
That's a start.
Vilgot will let them continue talking, as he tries thinking of a good way of making sure they all are ready to live like normal people. Most of them acted like it.
Sort of.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »

Ricardo speaks slowly. "Anthony, was it? A firearm is a weapon of Terra which... Hang on..." He draws Viper and disassembles it. "So basically, you have a bullet in a casing. When the casing is hit by the hammer, the stuff in the casing goes boom andthe bullet is pushed along this tube called a barrel by the gases from the boom. The barrel also spins the bullet to make it fly straighter. The casing is then ejected from the gun and a new bullet and casing are brought into the chamber by the magazine." Ricardo holds each piece of Viper up to illustrate his point. He reassembles the gun. "Also, I'm not your team leader, I am your reserve SL which means that I am authorised to take control should the assigned SL prove incompetent. I can also field promote and demote members of this squad to SL or operative."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:51:00 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2017, 05:42:00 pm »

Alex looks at Vilgot, tapping his foot.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2017, 05:45:51 pm »

Falk glances at Alex, the looks back down at his tablet.
"If you have a question Mr. Alex, ask. I am not a mind reader."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2017, 05:47:36 pm »

"Firstly, please do not call me that, it is quite grating.  Secondly, are you going to introduce yourself at some point?"

Looks like someone read their briefing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:40:54 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 05:52:09 pm »

"What would you prefer me to call you, then? And my current title is Operator Falk." Vilgot replies, now focusing on Alex.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2017, 06:05:41 pm »

Anthony ponders on the explanation given by Ricardo.
"So, there is magic inside this "boolet" which propels it forward like an arrow? I have done similar things with rocks while scaring away wild animals."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 06:09:27 pm »

"Simply Alex.

No, the bullet is nonmagical.  Simply physical laws."
Sigtext

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2017, 06:16:39 pm »

Just Alex?
Unprofessional.
Oh well. Vilgot will respect his wishes.
"Apologies, Alex." The Squad Leader says, looking back down at the tablet, keeping his air of neutrality.
"Does anyone else have a preferred title? If not, I will show you how to operate the facilities in our barracks."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 06:19:58 pm »

"Er, you should probably call me Newton too?  'Cause there's not much else that won't be confusing and all!"
Sigtext

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 06:22:55 pm »

He nods to Newton, before looking around the room, at all the others.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 06:23:15 pm »

[Zapp]

"I have sword. I... they not let me have gun. But I no need gun, I like swords."
Zapp poses, sword in the air, proud smile on her face. Then she brandishes the sword, before sheathing it.
"I make swords, I made Choppy."
Zapp draws her sword again, and points on the blade, but it's blank. Zapp remembers that they had just taken her beloved Choppy away, and replaced it with a printed sword that was superior in every way.
"Th-they took Choppy."
Zapp sheathes the sword, and is now sad. She slumps down in a chair.

Zapp draws her sword again, and points on the blade, where CHOPPY is etched. Then she sheathes the sword.

Edit: ((Turns out they wouldn't take Choppy... yet.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:35:42 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 06:46:00 pm »

Vilgot internally cringes at the thing's grammar.
Oof.
Regardless of...his opinions, he nods.
"Ah...a blacksmith. It is nice to meet you, Ms. Zapp."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 06:56:28 pm »

"Vilgot, is it? I believe you are the assigned SL for this squad? I'm Ricardo, defacto second in command and reserve SL. I hope we can get along and be amigos, sí?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15