Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Gates of Tardore OoC (A FEF-esque game)  (Read 14318 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gates of Tardore OoC (A FEF-esque game)
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 07:40:56 pm »

Alright then. I lied and am making my decisions now.

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

So. If you didn't get picked, I'm sorry. I picked the combination of people that I felt would be a good pairing plus trying to give everyone their first or second choice. I will maybe be opening signups again later for two more slots, but that's highly up in the air right now, so no worries if you don't want to stick around.

If you did get in! Here comes the fun part. Character creation. You guys are going to have a week to make characters. This includes stats, talents, backstory, and discussion about who gets what skills. Feel free to PM me any questions as well as asking anything in here. One important thing. I'm going to be asking everyone to give me at least least a paragraph in backstory. I believe that the more developed a backstory is, the better base you have to build the character from there as well as allow for good development and the like.

At some point, I will be contacting each of you via PM with information that you and only you can know until it is relevant IC. This could include world information, positive traits that come with your character, negative traits that come with your character, or some combo of all the above.

Lets have fun~
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:43:03 pm by Swordstar »

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 07:43:13 pm »

If I get accepted I'd like to go Wyvern Mage with either another Weapon Type or a PRF, depending on what other people want.

Well since I got in this is relevant. I do have a preference for PRF over another weapon type if possible.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 07:45:06 pm »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 07:46:21 pm »

Okay so I'll just be building my dude in bits and pieces. Right now main overview is a DEF heavy Shaman (Original Character donut steal), hoping to get armored as far as build goes but no other plans as far as talent stuff, and who's initial interest in the gates is going to be centered around using their make up to make his magic super buff.

Don't be blue. We're sure to have other games opening up down the line.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 07:47:55 pm »

If nobody minds, I'll be going for a melee/Cleric mix unless someone else is going the dedicated healer role, in which case a tank will do. I'll most likely be making them some sort of shaman (lore-wise, not class-wise), but I'll need to iron out the details with Sword later.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2017, 07:48:01 pm »

Congrats to everyone who got in, hope you guys have fun!
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »

Also, here's an example sheet for those who need one:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:01:28 pm by Swordstar »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 07:49:46 pm »

I'll have my other stuff up later once I get home, but for my skills I'd like Charisma, Armor, and Extra Weapon. Anyone mind that selection?

As for build, Tio is going to be a sort of flying tank, maybe a bit heavier on RES than DEF.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 07:55:20 pm »

It's not that. I've been wanting to participate in some sort of FEF game, but, considering my recent schedule, the heavy RP seemed like it might leave me in the dust.I thought I'd have to wait until early summer to get a good chance at one, but I thought this game wouldn't have as much, and decided to join. There's also the fact that every class I have interest in in the FEF games (Mage Knight, Great Knight, and Inquisitor, among other things) is rebuffed rather bad. I thought this would be a solid game for the genre, but I guess I'll have no place in this world...
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 07:56:34 pm »

I'm thinking about what skills fit right now. I think Prf. Weapon could fit my character's backstory nicely. Remaining skills depend on what ends up being the cost of it - I like Fury quite a bit, and it works with the personality I have in mind.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 08:03:29 pm »

It's not that. I've been wanting to participate in some sort of FEF game, but, considering my recent schedule, the heavy RP seemed like it might leave me in the dust.I thought I'd have to wait until early summer to get a good chance at one, but I thought this game wouldn't have as much, and decided to join. There's also the fact that every class I have interest in in the FEF games (Mage Knight, Great Knight, and Inquisitor, among other things) is rebuffed rather bad. I thought this would be a solid game for the genre, but I guess I'll have no place in this world...

To be honest, this game is going to be very RP heavy, plus the generic classes don't actually exist. It's all custom classes and stuff. Plus, all three of those classes that you just mentioned are all considered pretty good actually... I'm playing what will be a Mage Knight and an Inquisitor in two of the games I'm in right now. I'm sorry that you couldn't get in, though as I said there might be future spots open.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 08:07:15 pm »

So it turns out I won't be (don't need to lol) taking a mount so I've got 3 more points to spend. I honestly might just funnel them all into a PRF or maybe I'll take renewal and a PRF if no one else wants renewal.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2017, 08:11:13 pm »

I'll have my other stuff up later once I get home, but for my skills I'd like Charisma, Armor, and Extra Weapon. Anyone mind that selection?

As for build, Tio is going to be a sort of flying tank, maybe a bit heavier on RES than DEF.
One possible point of contention: my Inquisitor comes with Charm, which is like a weaker version of Charisma (though it apparently upgrades if the spreadsheet tells the truth).

I guess the big question is: do Charm and Charisma stack? If not, you may wish to consider something else.

As for my skills, I'm thinking of a sort of jack-of-all-trades type of deal: an investigator equally good at magic and weapons while excelling at neither. I would love to have Fury, possibly Extra Weapon and Quick Swap as well so that I can go magic-and-melee from the start.

Thievery would also be nice, but perhaps a dedicated stealing dude would be better.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:17:09 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 08:15:03 pm »

Pretty sure Charm and Charisma do stack.

I'm personally looking at Miracle and Thievery here, since it doesn't seem like anyone's calling dibs on those. I may swap out Miracle for something else depending on what's left.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2017, 08:17:47 pm »

I will fight you. Armor I kind of want, and extra weapon is mainly just to use up the last point, but Charisma is the thing I'm not budging on. It fits the character way too well. :P

Also Charm sux until you get it leveled up
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18