Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Ever been in a fight?

I've been in a fistfight, but nothing serious.
- 0 (0%)
I've been in a life-or-death fight.
- 0 (0%)
I've never been in a fight.
- 0 (0%)
I am MaximumZero, and I got in three fights this morning before breakfast.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2017, 08:55:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: The Guns, Weapons, and Tactics Thread  (Read 22993 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: The Guns, Weapons, and Tactics Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2017, 11:28:28 am »

Where are you that you cant have a rimfire rifle? Even the UK and New York allow them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2017, 11:49:09 am »

I'm the only one who owns both guns (Blackpowder Remington 1858, law is law :/) and non-gun ranged weapons? Shame on you, Ameripoors. :V

If I can get good gunpowder weapons I don't have a great need for non-gunpowder weapons. Poland is letting it's people fall behind in defense. Sad!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2017, 01:13:16 pm »

Can't.
Law forbids.

Wait, you own a blackpowder revolver but cant get a .22lr rifle in Poland?

I'd love to own a blackpowder revolver.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2017, 01:33:03 pm »

Hraum, would a Nagant M1895 loaded with blackpowder count? I mean, it was designed for that...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »

Where are you that you cant have a rimfire rifle? Even the UK and New York allow them.
Poland.

Poland is letting it's people fall behind in defense. Sad!
Communist laws.
Nobody is going to change them ever though, since due to the same fact we have a huge scare of American school shooters and whatnot, though, considering how dumb people I know, maybe it's better this way. And no, it doesn't stop actual criminals from getting their hands on guns. If you're willing to dabble into criminal stuff, you can easily get Russian sulphurs from across the border with Belarus and Ukraine, and I've recently seen some photos from Police raid on some den that had fucking Sturmgewehrs, Kar98ks and bunch of assorted Wehrmacht pistols in perfect condition (proably from some hidden German war stash), including a fucking MG42. During the wilder years of after-war, when communists were still being fought with (the whole reason for the laws comes from the fact that up until 1955-60 there was organized defense against Soviets in Poland, the famous "Cursed Soldiers", so if anyone was ever caught with a gun they could be executed with just symbolic trial) it wasn't that uncommon to at least know where guns are at. You could see German weaponry, Soviet weaponry and so on. One of bigest losses in my family was a Vis that my grandfather had, it has been taken away in like 1950 and presumably melted down. Fucking savages. ;_;
And my family from the eastern side of Poland actually had a broken down T-34 in a barn up to like 1960 because during the war the army just left it there and never came back until my family pestering the local officials finally paid off and they took the T-34 and made it into a statue.

You can own a big-ass cannon, as long as it's blackpowder. There's quite a few of replica Polish "krócice" which are basically ~20-30mm blackpowder pistols that were used by Hussars and whatnot.

Hraum, would a Nagant M1895 loaded with blackpowder count? I mean, it was designed for that...
In Poland it wouldn't. Has to be either real gun or a replica of one made before 1885 (why, don't ask me, and the laws actually got better, before it was like 1850). Also, it can't have ammunition that has bullet and propellant integrated, so basically only ball and cap or muzzleloaders (while proably nobody will specifically search for paper cartridges, you could get in trouble if they found that (!)). There's a bunch of other stuff to it, too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2017, 03:19:06 pm »

According to wikipedia:

I dunno, this doesn't seem to be saying rimfires are banned.
The only stuff I can find as being being banned are automatics, disguised firearms, and AP, incendiary, and expanding ammunition.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2017, 03:26:28 pm »

You can own a big-ass cannon, as long as it's blackpowder. There's quite a few of replica Polish "krócice" which are basically ~20-30mm blackpowder pistols that were used by Hussars and whatnot.

Blackpowder guns made before 1890 dont require license for owning, shooting or hunting with them around here, I'd love to get my hands on some of those historical guns such as wild west revolvers. They're extremely rare on the markets though and I guess most are actually replicas and thus require a license.

edit: the year 1890 here and 1885 in Poland most likely has to do with the invention of smokeless powder. Before 1890 or 1889 all guns and cartridges used blackpowder. Unlike in Poland, blackpowder cartridges are okay here and blackpowder guns in general are in a legal class of their own.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:29:00 pm by Erkki »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2017, 03:29:06 pm »

On a side note: Is there any justification for the need of AP ammo?

I mean... it FEELS like... you would buy it for use of killing police and swat.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2017, 03:30:52 pm »

On a side note: Is there any justification for the need of AP ammo?

I mean... it FEELS like... you would buy it for use of killing police and swat.

They do tend to be illegal for civilians around the world. How "armor piercing" is defined is an entirely different matter... I some of the good ol SS109 that can reliably penetrate steel helmets out to beyond 600 meters despite being a mere .223 rem.

edited out the number
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:01:07 pm by Erkki »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2017, 03:33:36 pm »

According to wikipedia:
While yes, they don't have authority to refuse (which they did like all the time before, unless you had connections), it's still not that simple.
You have to belong to hunting association, which means being rich enough to actually afford paying to be in one. There's also more stuff that's not mentioned there. It's pain in ass in any case.

You can't actually shoot those. Like, at all, despite what it says about separate permit, because that separate permit is bureaucratic illusion.

Same shit as hunting, and if I recall correctly, the selection of guns is very heavily restricted.

Joke. The "really good reason" is being able to bribe out the police or having political connections so they're scared to refuse.

Just a bunch of random stuff I won't really comment on because it's self-explanatory.

I dunno, this doesn't seem to be saying rimfires are banned.
The only stuff I can find as being being banned are automatics, disguised firearms, and AP, incendiary, and expanding ammunition.
I mean, sure, yeah, if you consider owning the license making stuff not banned, that makes sense. But the licenses themselves are actually way fucking harder to get than "relatively determined" person could. Basically, you have to either be Police/Military, rich, or be politically connected (which also means you're rich).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2017, 04:30:13 pm »

So basically as with all things be rich and powerful and laws are more like guidelines than rules

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2017, 05:18:28 pm »

Shall issue versus may issue rules, more or less.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2017, 07:01:01 pm »

I live in Missouri, where they just passed a bill deregulating concealed carry. I literally carry a gun and a knife EVERYWHERE I go. Except banks and schools and stuff. I could carry a shotgun, an assault rifle, four pistols, and a unspecified number of knives under 3" into a bustling supermarket, and all they can do is ask me to leave.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2017, 07:02:55 pm »

I live in Missouri, where they just passed a bill deregulating concealed carry. I literally carry a gun and a knife EVERYWHERE I go. Except banks and schools and stuff. I could carry a shotgun, an assault rifle, four pistols, and a unspecified number of knives under 3" into a bustling supermarket, and all they can do is ask me to leave.

I hate jerks who do this intentionally...

Walk into highly populated areas with excessive amounts of guns to "protect their right to guns" is like... "Look man, you are doing the opposite... I want to ban guns when I watch you pull this crud!"

One reason I am partially alright with concealed carry is because I know someone has to have a gun... but I'd rather not see their rocket launcher while they are chewing me out for overcooking their beef stroganoff.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:07:55 pm by Neonivek »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2017, 07:10:18 pm »

I only ever carry a small pistol of a reasonable caliber with a reasonable amount of rounds in the magazine. I could still kill six fucking people with it, so take from that what you will. It's not the point. I carry it to protect my wife, unborn child, and self.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18