Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 400 BCE- A Different Sort of Map Editing  (Read 1106 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
400 BCE- A Different Sort of Map Editing
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:42:50 pm »

Note of Notes: As far as I know, this is the first time anyone on this forum has made this type of game, so this may-or-may-not fail horribly.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Now, anyone may claim for the first turn.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:30:19 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: 400 BCE- A Different Sort of Map Editing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:14:37 pm »

Word of advice from a really cool god game that I saw and played in a while back, plan to recap the action every so often. Like make a new thread that has a summary of what's happened so far. My two cents.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 08:15:57 pm »

Word of advice from a really cool god game that I saw and played in a while back, plan to recap the action every so often. Like make a new thread that has a summary of what's happened so far. My two cents.
Well, I probably won't make an entire new thread, but I'll try to summarize stuff by editing the original post.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:26:19 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:10:24 am »

After suffering a mysterious plague, the Incas abandon some of their northern holds, instead expanding east

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 08:23:05 am »

Well, that is not quite what I meant, but I think that multiple people proposing ideas, then having myself edit the map and compile everything would work a bit quicker than what I had planned.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:44:27 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 09:59:08 am »

I really like the idea of this game but this is really too much effort :/

That said, here's a halfway done attempt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
re
The year is 350BC and the Persian world is in collapse.

Artaxerxes III had been destined for great things. Many historians have theorised that had he survived the assassination of both himself and his father, the Achaemenids may have continued to reign for many more years. Instead, it quickly broke down into bickering satrapies. While in other times, another son would simply ascend to the throne, another crisis yet took place. Supposedly, all three Great Flames of the Empire were extinguished on the same day as the death of the emperor and his son. Many took this as a sign of the apocalypse, or the end of the empire. In truth a plot engineered by an eastern satrap, this soon spiralled out of control, leading to the satrap of Egypt rekindling the ancient nation's independence and declaring himself Pharaoh. The Anatolian satraps, having for years of questionable loyalty, quickly turned on the empire, taking up Pontic, Lydian and Greek nationalities. A few loyal satraps retained their Persian loyalties, although with the chaos in the empire, they rarely received aid.

Despite the disorder in the first years of this seeming apocalypse, a new emperor was eventually crowned and order restored to the remaining provinces. This had however come at a great price. Anatolia was still in chaos, Egypt had entered outright rebellion and the eastern satraps had either disentigrated entirely or had joined the so-called 'Kingdom of the Coming Buddha'. This new Kingdom, as fate would have it, had been the end goal imagined by the plotters of the emperor's death, having converted to the buddhist faith long ago and hoping to usher in their principles without trouble from the Empire.

In the west, Carthage has been free of kingly rule for many a decade now, with stories of royal preogative being a thing of fairy tales. Even so, it seems that in recent years, the Magonids have found a way of clinging to power. Mago II, and his successor Mago III, have spent many a year carefully conquering, negotiating and prodding the Celts of Iberia, successively resulting in tribes swearing allegiance to them. The Council of Elders, more than outraged at a king that acts like a king, has continually threatened the royals and their supporters. Outright action is however impossible, due to a solid block of Carthage an nobility supporting the royal expeditions in Iberia, both due to benefits they have received and due to their inability to bend the Council to their own ends. Furthermore, it has been the policy of the royals for many a decade now to cultivate their popularity with the common people of the city of Carthage, ensuring that their removal would result in far more trouble than its worth. As such, the royalty directly control the hinterlands of Carthaginian Iberia, This control is however tenuous, requiring the constant currying of support from the local Celts, which strain the royal coffers due to the same being required in Cartage itself.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 10:26:08 am »

-- Reserved --

The Year is 350 B.C.

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

While the unruly Persians fought among themselves, and the Carthaginians made foolish escapades into Iberia, the Roman Republic started to rapidly expand. Through the Tactical Genius of Consul Appius Cloelius Vetranio, and Political Intrigue of the other Consul, Gallus Vaginius Longinus, the Roman Republic annexed many latin cities, which caused the Republic's borders to increase greatly. However, the Etruscan King, Rebellus II, took notice to this expansion of his former subjects, and didn't take it lightly. He pledged aid to the latin cities threatened by the Romans, and promised to protect them from the 'Greedy Hands' of the Roman Republic, which created much tension with the Romans.

While this happened, far away in the Pacific Ocean a Confederacy of Tribes in the Pacific joined together to create a small confederacy known as 'The Java League' (Shown in Orange) The League, named after the Island it was situated on, was formed as a sort of defensive league made to protect traders and ships from pirates in the Sea. The League was ruled by Tribal Chiefs from each of the Tribes in the league.

Spoiler:  Highlights (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:02:10 am by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 11:20:06 am »

Honestly didn't expect such a response, let alone any response at all!  :D

Avanti!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 12:04:36 pm »

OOoooo, this should be nice, I just recently started studying romans! But I'll probabaly end up not doi

--~~Reserved~~--

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

The year is 349 B.C.

Under the leadership of a great general, Rome expands even more, conquering the nearbye latin states and a small portion of Etruscan territory, however they only barely managed to survive when the three great battles of Rome ended, leaving them slightly weaker than before. Meanwhile, the Persian empire splits into even smaller pieces, weakening it further.

That's probabaly too short. Eh, It'll do.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:27:36 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 12:40:20 pm »

I'll reserve a turn, myself.

330 BCE

In Persia, despite the collapse of the empire, the remaining Satraps who still pledge loyalty to the Emperor are eager to recoup their losses. Thus, the western Satrapies begin plotting an invasion of Anatolia, and those along the Persian Gulf begin colonizing in Arabia, chasing rumors of gold. Gold, they find, albeit in lower quantities than desired. In Italia, the consuls of Rome have pushed for colonization of the Adriatic, to gain a faster route to the relatively friendly Greek polises. In Iberia, the Council of Elders, seeking a way to keep check on the Celts and 'Royal' lands, send expeditions into western Iberia, arguably there as fishing and mining towns, but in reality acting as networks of those who would care less for royal domination.

From the city of Athens, a young philosopher, curious about the 'Barbarians that live to the far North of the civilized Mediterranean, embarks on a journey to those lands. While there, they are met with violence by many tribes, but a few chiefs welcome them to talk of the world, and the ideas of either people. One such chief, by the name of Caderyn, takes some of these ideas about the world to heart, and melds them with Celtic religion and mythology. He then goes on to conquer several nearby chiefs, forming a sort of 'Barbarian Confederacy'.

Meanwhile, in far-off China, the southern Chu state begin great offensives against their eastern neighbors. Angered by this, the many northern kings agree to temporarily cease their hostilities, in order to monitor this breach of the status quo. In response to this 'Coalition', the Chu begin large-scale Iron smelting, against the largely bronze-wielding northerners.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:16:37 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 01:29:20 pm »

Reserved

349 B.C. - 330 B.C.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

While Persia settles in Arabia and Barbarians philosophize, the Java Confederacy continues to grow. Through alliances and conquering, the confederacy has managed to gain control of most of the island of Java. While the Confederacy was doing this, factions start to form in their government. The two main factions are The Orange Shirts and The Raja's. The Orange Shirts support a confederacy ruled by a congress of tribal chiefs and a weak central government, reserving power to the individual tribes, while the Raja's support centralization and a King who has a council of advisors made up of Tribal Chiefs. Another Political Party, while not as important now, may be important in the future. Known as the Teologi's, they are followers of Koahin, a polytheistic religion that emphasizes vast expansion and tradition. The religion also emphasizes personal wealth and serving/respecting those who are more wealthy than you are. Only about %5 of the population follows it, but it is starting to spread.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:50:45 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 09:45:39 pm »

Bumpty