Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Discovery On Warpstone  (Read 3832 times)

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Discovery On Warpstone
« on: February 03, 2017, 10:05:42 am »

I searched high and low but couldn't find any topic related to this, so I apologize if this is all old news.

Miner cancels task: resting injury
. <---   Has this happened to you a suspicious number of times?

Apparently, warpstone is bad. Seriously, do NOT mine it!

Warpstone, when mined, inflicts a syndrome on the miner. This syndrome can vary depending on the type of warpstone.

Weak Warpstone - Cough blood, generally more annoying than harmful. CAN STACK!

Unstable Warpstone - High chance of contracting "Stone Sickness" which causes the miner's heart, spine, brain, and lungs to ROT... yet they won't die(?)

Warpstone Clusters - Untested. Assume the worst.

Literally any other type of warpstone not listed here - Time for !!SCIENCE!!, right?

Known(?) possible effects of mining warpstone:
1. Cough up blood.
2. Causes instantaneous drowsiness and nausea.
3. Causes instantaneous very drowsiness and very nauseas.
5. Causes instantaneous very hungry and very thirstiness.
4. INSTANTANIOUS necrosis rot of spine, brain, heart, and lungs. (This is a syndrome called Stone Sickness. Contagiousness unknown).
5. Transformation into a lich for whatever random reason. Seriously, why though?
7. Potential death by asphyxiation.
8. Causes unconsciousness.
9. Instant death (Heavy testing required. Have fun with that...)
10. Inflicts a potentially contagious dust-like syndrome on the miner. Prepare for quarantine.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:45:25 am by Torchwood202 »

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Discovery On Warpstone
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:33:13 pm »

Concidering the source is from warhammer and is the raw stuff of congeiled chaos its no surprise that it is bad for your health. I do recall that warpstone having adverse effects was listed in the old manual.

Other than that I seem to remember a miner mutating into some kind of blood/ fleash abomination and killing my other miners.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: A Discovery On Warpstone
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 05:41:43 pm »

Make sure your miners are in the Mason's guild (if they're dwarves) they're the only ones with enough geological know-how to avoid both warp-sickness and black-lung from coal dust.

Also, "stable warpstone" doesn't explode and is one of the most valuable rocks you can find with several powerful reactions associated with it (like summoning friendly forgotten beasts).

Other than that I seem to remember a miner mutating into some kind of blood/ fleash abomination and killing my other miners.

That's a different thing, miners can trasform into rock/metal wraiths and balrogs from digging a single tile of "shifting stone" that can be found in gold, silver, and cobaltite veins, IIRC. Or it could be a blood beast associated with the Carp Cult.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:54:31 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle