Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15874 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Krokodil Tears
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2017, 04:20:41 pm »

Janet instantly reacts, rushing away from the creature, but still standing in a fighting stance. She feels the power in her mind... and runs with it.

Delirium to 1
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2017, 04:47:44 am »

James shoots at the half-mummified man.
[4 vs. 0] You discharge five rounds, only the first of which hits due to your wild spray. It strikes the creature in the lower abdomen, prompting a spray of black ichor and a shriek of agony as it falls backwards, or at least, seems to try. Its legs lock up halfway through, the movement of the gear continuing to propel it forwards regardless as it twitches back upright.

run behind whatever cover
There, isn't much in the way of cover, well at least not cover that doesn't entail running at one of the buildings or alleyways, though thankfully only you guys seem to have allies. Okay, maybe not so thankfully judging by James' marksmenship or lack thereof.

Increase Delirium to 1.
Increase Delirium to 1.
Delirium to 1
Delirium to 1
The three of you fill a sense of restless energy well up inside. Kind of like the rush of adrenaline, but without the haze clouding your minds. The sense of power only grows.

Thomas shoots two shots
[6 vs. 0] Two shots, straight to the heart. Black ichor pours forth, spilling down its tattered garments and staining the flowers beneath, again it shrieks and sways backwards, and yet it continues to move, even as the flesh around the wound seems to flake away, revealing the pulsating diseased flesh beneath which still pulses in sync with the rest of the city.

Quote from: The Adversary

[12 vs. 2] The abomination lunges forwards, its mouth tearing open and amidst a rain of something like confetti. Except the confetti is shredded putrid flesh. Its head elongates and extends turning into some great monstrous mockery of a crocodile's maw, the filthy decayed expanse twitching as it tries to restrain raw force stored within it, and before James can take another step back, it slams shut.

A brief moment of pain, blinding pain, and then, nothing. A feeling of loss.

It jaws had slammed down onto his arms, the sudden crushing impact enough to sever the limbs clean off. As he staggers back, he finds that his arms, from where the bite had caught them, has become white light, the air around them bubbling with some strange energy. The limbs still move, he can even still control his fingers, but they don't seem to interact with the world anymore. They seem to have become ethereal, insubstantial. You feel your stomach sink as dread sets in.

["Severed" arms: this person's arms have been turned into incorporeal energy that cannot physically interact with the world. 2 Turns remaining.]
[Inert Mania (x2): this person gains some kind of inert mania that cannot be used and only counts for the Critical Threshold. 3 Turns remaining.]

The creature's head shrinks back to normal as it advances, crunching upon the glock it had caught.

Spoiler: Iris DuBlanc (Adragis) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Joseph Carlson (Cain) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:51:10 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2017, 07:51:30 am »

Delirium to 2. Arun focuses further on the strange thoughts.

Suddenly, it all clicks into place and he focuses on the ground that was once asphalt. Maybe he can make something out of it...

Anagram a part of the FLOWERY PATH between myself and James into a THERAPY WOLF.

Assuming success:

"Woah, did I just do that? Uh, you guys can see that wolf in doctor getup too, right?"

As the strange wolf doesn't immediately attack, Arun figures it's here to help rather than harm.

"Um, okay boy, I think that man over there needs your help. Could you do that?"

Command the Therapy Wolf to perform physical therapy on James.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:03:19 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2017, 04:15:19 pm »

"JAMES"

Alright, assess the situation. Target is resistant to center mass shots. Backup plan is head or legs. Its some kinda zombie right? Destroying the brain destroys zombies, plus it might stop it from hitting James again. But it looks like its being pulled by its legs, maybe destroying them destroys it instead? Its a close range killer, it would at lest destroy its mobility. Plus the legs are an easier target anyway.

Fire three shots at the target's legs! This one's for the innocent glock Jame's arms!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2017, 04:19:17 pm »

Phoebe is sent into a further panic due to the sudden literal disarming of another of the group.
Delirium increases.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2017, 04:22:49 pm »

Rachel, having taken the sniper rifle before and gone minor panic mode at the attack, hoists the weapon now. She has no fucking clue how to use it besides a general idea of "point and shoot, take off the safety". So she of course takes off the safety and aims for what video games have taught her is the weak spot: The head.

Fire on it's head.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2017, 05:48:13 pm »

Delirium to 4.

Janet feels the power coursing through her veins, and knows that there's only one logical action to take. She slots her fingers into her knuckle dusters, and her stance changes into a rapid sprint.

She directs the power into her fists, and braces her body for the inevitable impact with the creature.

Rushing forward still, she brakes with her feet to skid in front of the creature, and delivers a whopping blow with all her might.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:10:44 pm by spümpkin »
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2017, 05:55:46 pm »

First, an agonized scream. Then, James stumbles backwards, looking down at the ragged wounds with the bubbing brilliance of the white light streaming into arm shapes from them... and naturally, freaks out, stumbling further away from the monster. "O-oh Jesus, oh God, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck?! Oh God, oh God, oh God, wh-what's happening to me?!"
Pump Delirium up one.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2017, 07:15:43 pm »

"Oh god it ate his arms.."

Joseph takes another step back, looking back to the route they came from.
Increase Delirium to 2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2017, 07:24:33 am »

Delirium to 2.
Anagram a part of the FLOWERY PATH between myself and James into a THERAPY WOLF.
Command the Therapy Wolf to perform physical therapy on James.
The details of the path seems to coalesce and rearrange. There were were once rigid interlocking flowers, is now a trench of shorts, exposing the interlocking roots below. And out of that trench leaps a great grey wolf wearing a polo shirt and khaki pants. It nudges James with its nose, its whitened teeth almost audibly gleaming as it gives something resembling an encouraging smile.

It sort of just keeps nudging him around, it's not like physical therapy is particularly fast acting after all, nor is it that effective on missing limbs. So no results just yet, but if that abomination tries attacking him again, it's going to need to go through the wolf first.

Fire three shots at the target's legs!
[5 vs. 0] You discharge three shots into its legs. Predictably, it howls in pain and anger once again, but its howling is, odd, stuttery, like a piece of audio randomly skipping back and forth. Its movements too become rather erratic, it has a start-stop quality to it, as if the mechanisms driving it are beginning to malfunction. It still continues advancing however.

Delirium increases.
Pump Delirium up one.
Joseph takes another step back, looking back to the route they came from.
Increase Delirium to 2.
Delirium increased. Joseph finds that the path hasn't really changed at all.

Fire on it's head.
[7 vs. 0] The PGM 338 is built for anti-personnel use at long range. What you are doing, is taking it, pointing at someone who is within half the width of a street, and shooting them with it. It's not ideal, but it's the only weapon you have. Predictably the round overpenetrates, the exit wound isn't too big. However it's still a hole in the head, and it certainly looks like it felt it, it screams, flailing back and forth in a jerky motion as its damaged slipping gears struggle to keep it moving.

Delirium to 4.
Rushing forward still, she brakes with her feet to skid in front of the creature, and delivers a whopping blow with all her might.
[4 vs. 0] They were bent forwards when your fist connected with their head. Their head crumples, bone, brain matter, ichor and a bit of blood blasting out as a shockwave. But most of its mass continues moving backwards. In the direction of your punch. With explosive force. So it rams into their torso, compressing their spine and most of their organs, the pulverized remains of which explodes out from their lower back. The arms and everything not in the way of their head-turned-improvised-cannonball? Those fly off. Its lower body is split in two by the blast, and now lies still.

Quote from: The Adversary

You begin to hear clicking and scraping coming from the alleyway, the flickers of movement intensifying.

Spoiler: Iris DuBlanc (Adragis) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Joseph Carlson (Cain) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2017, 08:19:22 am »

"I-is it dead? What just happened? Oh no, are more of them coming?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2017, 04:03:09 pm »

With the immediate threat dealt with, Thomas rushes over to check on Jame's wounds.

"Jesus, what is going on here? You aren't bleeding, that's good...But my first aid knowledge doesn't extend to whatever this is."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »

James continues to stare at the bizarre white-energy arms, eyes darting around to look at various oarts of them as his panic continues mostly unabated -- the bizarre, polo-wearing wolf isn't actually much helping, as he backs away from it. "G-God, fuck, what the fuck, I don't know what this is, wh-what the fuck..."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2017, 06:45:12 pm »

"I..uh, guess she meant it when she said she didn't need a gun."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2017, 10:46:51 pm »

W...Woah...

She had heard booze makes you stronger but... woah.

At the moment, though, she didn't have much time to contemplate just exactly how she pulverized the creature, as more sounds could be heard, and the others didn't seem to be in good shape. Standing guard, Janet waits, watching the alleys for any more movement.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13