Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15886 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Six Minutes till Midnight
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2017, 06:25:18 pm »

Janet steps forward, and begins approaching the 'city'.
Thomas follows Janet into the city.
The two of you walk forwards, crossing the threshold where the sand-covered steps give way to gear-like flowers. Alive? Good. Uninjured? Even better. Let's keep it that way. Intense, almost overpowering floral scents assault you, bearing hints of blood and alcohol. Probably not the worst smell for the place to have. A crowd of Defects, twenty or so of them, meander before you, their desperate clawing, their mournful moans, synchronized with the clicking of the flowers below. They seem to pay you no heed, at least, not yet.

Rotating into position to your left is a ferris wheel consisting of a herring bone herringbone gear dotted with cyst-like carriages, lodged in its center within an epicyclic gear assembly is a great heart. A mainspring of muscle pulsating away within its clear membrane. Resting to your right is tumorous mass reminiscent of a pillbug, mechanisms peering through the gap in its armored chitin.

It is six minutes till midnight.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2017, 12:55:09 am »

Arun follows not far behind of Tom and Janet, quietly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2017, 02:40:47 pm »

"....That....heart thing looks easy to break. Nothing that will take down the city though"

Thomas gags slightly as he points to the Ferris wheel.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2017, 03:32:05 pm »

"I'm not a mechanic, but I think it's powering the clockwork; that thing inside it looks like a mainspring."

Arun looks for the controls of the ferris wheel, or for whatever they've turned into.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2017, 03:40:44 pm »

"A-alright, so we just need to find the c-control panel, right? W-wouldn't that be near the entrance?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2017, 04:17:01 pm »

"I was thinking of a more 'kill it with fire' type solution. Flipping the switch seems too easy to reverse."

Tom then looks around at the surroundings, checking for danger.

"You know this place isn't as scary as I thought it was...its just guts. I've butchered deer and cut open fish before. Dead things can't hurt you, its silly to be afraid of them....Its still pretty gross though."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2017, 04:31:28 pm »

Iris points her shotgun at the heart, finger off the trigger. For now. A slightly panicked look is on her face.
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2017, 04:59:10 pm »

"You know this place isn't as scary as I thought it was...its just guts. I've butchered deer and cut open fish before. Dead things can't hurt you, its silly to be afraid of them....Its still pretty gross though."
"I hear you. You wouldn't believe some of the things I forced myself to look at for the sake of verisimilitude in my books. This is...terrible, but it lacks that 'soul' of looking at a corpse that used to be alive. Or the ruins of a burnt down home. The things around us, they don't have faces."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:12:40 pm by IcyTea31 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2017, 05:32:59 pm »

Arun looks for the controls of the ferris wheel, or for whatever they've turned into.
There, doesn't seem to be any office or anything to house any controls, any conventional ones at least, but on the side of the large fleshy central pillar keeping it upright, there appears to be an elevator. It has one button, and that button, is up.

Tom then looks around at the surroundings, checking for danger.
Well everything is possibly a threat seeing as wandering through a living breathing city of flesh and bone doesn't sound particularly hygienic. But as for things actively murdering you... not much, there's movements in a nearby alley, there's the weeping defects who don't seem to notice you and there's the marionette birds flying above. Nothing's trying to jump at you with a shiv or anything yet at least.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2017, 01:36:02 am »

James has by now long begun to follow the others -- his breathing is of course rather shaky, but the office-clothing-clad man seems to have mostly accepted the situation that he's in, though the urge to destroy this horrific place hadn't exactly been keeping him back.
"I, uh... Jesus, uh, well I don't know, maybe we should look for clues as to how whatever this place is came to be? If we understand it a bit more, maybe it will help in taking it down."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2017, 02:33:14 am »

Joseph follows after the better armed of his allies.
"Huh, an actual heart? I'm definitely starting a dream journal."

Iris points her shotgun at the heart, finger off the trigger. For now. A slightly panicked look is on her face.
Joseph reaches to tap her shoulder, but then appears to think better of it, lowering his hand.

"I, uh... Jesus, uh, well I don't know, maybe we should look for clues as to how whatever this place is came to be? If we understand it a bit more, maybe it will help in taking it down."
"Sure, should keep an eye out. Think those things are unaware of us or just ignoring us?" He raises his bat to gesture at the defects and the pillbug like mass.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:58:19 am by Cain12 »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2017, 09:05:35 am »

Iris looks around, hoping to make eye contact with at least someone. Her shotgun is still trained on the heart.
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2017, 09:50:29 am »

"Iris, something is definitely going to happen if you pull that trigger. But whether it's for better or worse..."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2017, 10:06:36 am »

She nods, looking marginally calmed, but her finger stays off the trigger, and the gun stays aimed at its target.
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2017, 01:40:53 am »

"Iris, something is definitely going to happen if you pull that trigger. But whether it's for better or worse..."

"Well if we don't shoot it, our only other option is going inside it. Using an elevator. I always like small spaces, but not when they are moving up and down on a thread. Or just up in this case. It's asking for trouble, especially if we get attacked while in there. Is there any stairs we can use instead?"

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13