Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Eschaton IC: An Utter Trainwreck  (Read 15893 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Welcome to Nowhere
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2017, 08:44:17 am »

Aaaand Thomas' arrival sends the poor woman into more stress. She immediately backs away from the rest of the group.
"W-why are all of you armed?!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2017, 08:46:05 am »

"Because there was a pile of weapons in the room and literal writing on the wall saying "they're coming". I wish whoever wrote it elaborated a bit."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2017, 09:19:22 am »

Iris waves to the woman, with the same happy look on her face.
thincake

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2017, 09:21:33 am »

Joseph looks around, worried that the latest outburst would be overheard.

"Speaking of that, maybe we ought to get moving before "they" show up? She seems even more clueless than us."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2017, 11:14:04 am »

"Yes, let's. You can come too if you want, ma'am."

Arun heads for the fire escape, not trusting the elevators.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2017, 12:57:09 pm »

Aaaand Thomas' arrival sends the poor woman into more stress. She immediately backs away from the rest of the group.
"W-why are all of you armed?!"

"It's our right as American citizens, no, as human beings to bare arms in our own self defense! Besides, open carry is legal in all but three states and DC, not counting restrictions in cities. I think I have an extra knife you can borrow, and they have some beating sticks back in the room, but we are out of guns until we can find more."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2017, 08:57:58 pm »

Arun heads for the fire escape, not trusting the elevators.
Presumably, you lot all follow the writer/possible axe-murderer down the fire escape, out of the hotel, and onto the beach, greeted with pleasant warm and a cool sea breeze. Turning around, you would find that the city seems to match the beach-side buildings - differing aesthetics with similar sleekness, with generally lower, wider buildings with greater distances between them. It's like as if the entire city's a resort, which, honestly might be the case from the state of things. Two things are amiss, the first of which jumps out immediately - no one seems to be mind that members of your pose are brandishing firearms. They notice you, you're absolutely positive, a few children waved at you, a couple walked around you, they definitely know you're there, they just, don't seem to be reacting to your armaments. Te second one, takes a bit more time, but sooner or later, you would all find that this resort you're in, has no name. There are stone signs and places on some of the buildings where a name should go, but there's nothing there. Each and every last one, are blank.

You wait.

A minute passes. Soon it becomes five, and then, it begins to rain.

Droplets of burning quicksilver fall from cloudless skies upon the city, and as they hit the roads, and the buildings, and the streetlights, the colors and details wash away, revealing the pale infinitesimally thin wire-frames that lie within. But as they hit the people, something else starts happening. Their faces, and only their faces begin to melt, like hot wax, deforming and dripping. You see them grasp and clutch at their faces trying to hold them in place, but to no avail, soon enough, they begin tearing at it, trying, desperately to shape and reshape their faces, with, some success, though it never lasts. They weep, and the above sky bleaches into a starless night.

The wireframes fill with color, and the city you now see, is not what you once saw. It is a city of flesh and bone, of chitin and plant-matter. It is a city with rigid flowers for pavement, fluorescent ribs for street lights. But it too, is a city of clockwork, where everything and everyone is connected, one way or another. Where all hearts beat as one, each a cog, a component, in some infernal machine, with a purpose you do not know.

Hanging from empty arteries, puppeteered by mechanisms built into gears of black flesh that form the heavens above, birds of chitinous clockwork "fly" through the floral-scented air, above the weeping Defects whose forms mesh with the floral gears that form the streets they meander through. They too are turned and turned in turn by the great mechanisms of flesh that form the moving buildings and structures, the gears and the racks and the drive shafts.

Hovering above, is a great luminous clockface. It is six minutes till midnight.

Before you, are the narrow shifting streets of the clockwork city, and something in you, something ineffable, is screaming for you to destroy it. Behind you, is the beach, untouched by the anomaly, where it is still day, where the sun still shines, and where there are people who while utterly oblivious to what's happening, at least haven't turned into abominations.

((If any of you were planning to have grabbed more stuff, tell me and we'll assume you picked it up. Though do bear in mind these do take up real space, so carrying all four cacti isn't exactly an option for any one person :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton IC: Six Minutes till Midnight
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2017, 09:14:54 pm »

Iris looks... suitably disturbed.
????????
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2017, 09:25:58 pm »

"OhJesusIwasn'treadyforthisthebeachislessscarythenthis"

Thomas flips to fully automatic, pointing his rifle at anything that moves in the city while backing slowly toward the beach.

"Sixminutessixminutessixminutes...Okokokok....ok....ok. We have six minutes left. Right? Sixminutesleftright? Nothing has attacked us yet, and I don't have enough bullets for an entire town. If we can get to the beach before 'midnight', we will be safe right?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2017, 10:07:38 pm »

Janet's eyes widen slowly, as she awakens from her hangover. For real this time.

"Wh...Whoah... What.... What?!" She stands there with a blank look on her face, speechless.

That must've been one hell of a bender.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2017, 10:59:49 pm »

Joseph stares in awe and horror at the city before him, baseball bat going slack in his hands.

"This has to be a dream. Just a crazy dream, bad Chinese food. Hahaha."

He pinches himself, then does so again, and again, to no avail.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2017, 12:35:19 am »

Arun is dumbfounded.

"I...uh...ideas, anyone? Sheesh, this rabbit hole became really deep really fast."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2017, 12:44:00 am »

James reals back, fumbling through his bag for the Glock he had reluctantly purloined, shakily pointing it in the direction of the city, his eyes darting around as he takes in the horrorscape.
"Whhhat? What the fuck?! What's going on?!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:29 am »

Arun is dumbfounded.

"I...uh...ideas, anyone? Sheesh, this rabbit hole became really deep really fast."

"We build a sand castle, a big one, as our bunker. Then we live off the ocean the rest of our lives, shooting anything that gets close. I know several ways to turn salt water drinkable using only the supplies on this beach. It will be great."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2017, 03:49:32 am »

How do we go home?
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13