Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (An Anticlimactic End to a Fort)  (Read 6631 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (Spring of 251)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 06:09:05 pm »

So, changeling seiges are announced the same as Goblin seiges... and this was the shortest fort i've done in a while.

Well that's ominous.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2017, 06:38:03 am »

OOOOOH, VOLCANO FORT VOLCANO FORT! PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS!!!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2017, 04:41:38 am »

And that's how this thread died.

THE END
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2017, 05:19:04 am »

Come on, we need to know the final moments of the fort for good or ill.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2017, 09:58:24 am »

And that's how this thread died.

THE END

lol forgive me  ;D

I was enraptured in other things, you guys should know I suffer from a severe case of procrastination XD

But if you want an ending, fiiinnneeeee, I'll give you an ending. But tell me, what sounds like a good embark for the next fort that will have schedule problems?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:40 am »

Journal of Ryukan, 12th of Granite, 251

We are already a full week and a half into the new year and spirits have never been any higher. We are carving out and smoothing the new bedrooms as we speak and I have started digging the new palace. I am confident in our small squad of troops that have been training nonstop for a full year almost. Our food stocks are high and everything is just right. Now, I'm gonna sit and listen to little Anir recite a new poem to us. I'll be sure to write the spring report later, until then.

Journal of Ryukan, 13th of Grante, 251

Oh sweet celestia, there's so many of them. They got our mason outside the walls and charged in before we could raise the bridge, I'm in the Dinning hall now writing and I hear the screams and sounds of battle as our militia holds the door, they wont last long though, I saw how many there are.

[OOC: I totally forgot to screenshot the units list, I'm sorry, but there were 150 Changelings... a tad bit Overkill if you ask me XD]

Oh god, the sounds have stopped, oh sweet Celestia, help me, Oh Shit their in the hall hel.... (The page is covered in blood)

Report to Her Majesty the Changeling Queen

Your Majesty, after almost two hundred years of hunting, the last Pony settlement has been found and exterminated. Listed below are some of the recorded casualties.

Spoiler: Imic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ryukan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Senshuken (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TanKit (click to show/hide)

With the fall of "Newmeadow" as it was called, the Changeling Empire now has complete domination of the North and our forces move on to conquer the Southern Zebra tribes, Long Live the Empire, Long Live the Queen!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, by far the shortest fortress I've had, but it was fun, so I'lls tart up another one. And sorry guys for the lack f promised updates, I'll try to get off my lazy ass and do em right this time.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2017, 12:23:38 pm »

I only have two questions. One, how many actual military ponies did we have and two, how many did we manage to kill before we fell?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2017, 12:42:22 pm »

I only have two questions. One, how many actual military ponies did we have and two, how many did we manage to kill before we fell?

We had  a"Military" of three ponies, and to my knowledge (the seige happened so fast I barely had a chance to take a few screenshots before the last 3 ponies were killed at the same time) we killed 3 Changelings... kinda sad, but as said, 150 invaders right on the side where the gate was so I zero time to close it and it just went downhill from there... but yeah, I ordered our Militia to guard the door, and they held them off for a while due to near constant training, but they were just over run.

Anywho, new world is genned and I'm gonna start a new thread

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (An Anticlimactic End to a Fort)
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2017, 01:48:16 pm »

Which ponies killed who? I want to do a nice little ending part thing.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:09 pm »

Which ponies killed who? I want to do a nice little ending part thing.

.... uhhh, I honestly have no idea, I took a pic of the 5 ponied people and how they died.... thats about it XD. But Imic and TankKit were part of the Defense of the Door

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2017, 02:02:58 pm »

Ah, so was probabaly one of us that got the kills, do you know who had the most combat experience? Who was in the fight longer?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2017, 02:04:44 pm »

Ah, so was probabaly one of us that got the kills, do you know who had the most combat experience? Who was in the fight longer?

All I know is that the militia dissapeared under a mass of changelings and soon after were found dead

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2017, 03:21:07 pm »

:o
Wow.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2017, 07:47:33 pm »

So, here is the order of how I'm gonna start the sequel... or whatever it is:

1- A History Lesson of the World I gen

2- I'm gonna start with a Pony civ that has lost its Alicorn Princess already (shouldn't be too hard, Alicorns are extremely fragile during World Gen)

3- I'm gonna start a new fort, but this one will be based off of Canterlot, so, White stone with Gold roofs and Parks everywhere.

4- A royal Castle is a must, this will be the main feature of the City, I set the sky height from 15 zs to 25 and I will use dfhack to increase that if the need arises, but a Royal Palace is a must.

5- Once the Fort reaches 100 ponies in residence (I plan on surviving in this one), I will use DFhack to spawn an Alicorn and use make-monarch to restore our Monarchy and I will dorf as her whoever is most deserving (i.e. contributes the most or the best)

4- After that... I will take suggestions.

Sound good?

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2017, 01:21:22 am »

Sounds good. I would like to book another military stallion for the new game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5