Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (An Anticlimactic End to a Fort)  (Read 6641 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (Summer of 250)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »

I like to read this as the "good" alternate universe to Borechanced. Both are unusual modded forts, but this one is idyllic, compared to Borechanced's constant nihilistic violence.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »

Journal of Ryukan Coupleskirt, 1st of Moonstone 250

Hello again journal, I write to you again as the snows of the windego's winter encroaches. I once again feel blessed to be alive to write in you again. Before I continue with this season's report, I must express my gratitude to that merchant who sold me this journal. It was before the plague was discovered to be infecting our people. I didn't think much of it until our arrival here. I hope that merchant and his family survived... though the chances of that are slim.

The Autumn started out quite violently. A poor kea decided to attack one of our farmer ponies, Tetthush. The kea was promptly introduced to the infamous bucking prowess of earth pony fame.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After that fiasco, I took the wanna-be hunter/mason and drafted him into a crossbow regiment all to his self and sent him to end the annoyance of these pests. He proceded to kill two of the buggers and the rest decided to leave.

I have had Imic begin training two more ponies in the art of the hammer. Imic now has another pegasus and a unicorn under his charge. With-in a month, he deemed them to be desering of the title "Hammerpony".

I must admit journal, I have taken precautions in the event that a true Princess would arise, though the chances of that are slim. Even after the death of the Last Princess, the Palace in the old capital was kept ready for the return of a pony who would wear the crown. I figured, that after a year comes and goes, I will order the construction of a palace. I have drawn out a basic design for the future palace here. While it most likely remain vacant, it'll give my ponies hope for the future.

I consulted Imic later that week in the matter of static fortifications. I asked if he could design something that'll protect the hillside and still allow our farms protection. He said to give him a moment and he left me there for a few moments. He returned with a paper with a blueprint on it. I agreed that the fortifications looked ok. I gave our wood-cutter the go-ahead to begin clearing enough tree to build the walls.

With the veins of Bituminous Coal sticking out on the hillside, I order our miners to excavate it and ordered a quick wood furnace set up to produce a bar of charcoal to jumpstart our coke production.

In the middle of building the wall, I received wonderful news. A migrant wave had been seen on the horizon. After my mandatory Changeling spell to verify they were who they claimed to be, I admitted two new ponies into our fort. I inquired if there were mor eof them out there, but, to my dismay, they had seen no one. They said they had tried to go to another fortress like ours that had sprung up in the wilderness, but it was destroyed and bodies were strewn about it. I somberly gave them a drink and set them to work on the wall.

I built a Trade depot in case one of the many Pony Caravans was still traveling about, but, to my dismay, none arrived this season. On another note, I feel like I should keep an eye on our Hammerpony Rithul. He's been seen doing weird things to that hammer of his...

With the close of the season, I look at what we had accomplished. The wall was almost finished, we still had a small section to the south to patch up. The wall extends 2 unit down in some places. The bedrooms will be dug out next and soon our ponies will have their own rooms for the first time in over a couple years. I am excited to celebrate Hearthwarming's in the safety of a nice Dinning Hall again, instead of in the wilderness.

Well, until next time journal... I'll find a name for you soon. I promise.

[OOC: Taking Suggestions for a journal name]
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 12:48:31 am »

Journal of Senshuken, 1st of Moonstone 250

I confess that at first I saw little point in writing anything down, however Ryukan does so and it seems to help give her the focus she requires to help run this place so maybe it would be worth a shot. Besides, I suspect it'll do me the world of good to write some things down; My memory was never that good to begin with after all.

After traveling through the wilderness myself, Rithual and Anir have managed to arrive at a settlement called Newmeadow. It's still rather young and in its early stages, but compared to everywhere else I've seen so far it appears like a beacon of bright light on a dark, stormy night. It feels good to finally be able to get some distance away from family and spend some time for myself without having to worry about either myself or them being picked off by something lurking in the shadows... Not that Rithual would have cared to much.

Limul and Vabok, I've tried to care for that mare but even after the birth of our daughter it was clear to the both of us that we were only together because there was simply no one else. Maybe here I'll finally met that special somepony that makes my heart flutter... I've allowed myself to be unfit for far to long. My request to join the armed forces of Newmeadow has resulted in me being given a silver hammer and being trained in how to use it! After the last month of training, I've even been acknowledged as a proper Hammerpony, through I feel like it is only the starting point and that I need to push myself further in order to be properly able to defend this lighthouse of pony kind from any that wishes to snuff it out... The fact that it's also a good chance to get into shape and hopefully catch a couple of eyes is merely an added bonus.

Well, I think I will leave this here for now. I need to get back to training. Still, I think I might write again somewhere done the line, if only to help keep myself sane.

~Senshuken.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Newmeadow: A Community Pony Fort (Autumn of 250)
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 03:51:37 am »

Uh, Ryukan, why didn't you mention my unicorn going to see you? I said it in this.
I must go tell Ryukan at once, maybe she can help me solve this riddle.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 09:23:32 am »

Uh, Ryukan, why didn't you mention my unicorn going to see you? I said it in this.
I must go tell Ryukan at once, maybe she can help me solve this riddle.

Oops

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 07:28:07 pm »

*Edit, never mind.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:33:18 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 08:18:20 pm »

I was going to ask to be the animal trainer, but I realized I didn't really want to do any extra roleplaying with Necrothreat and Borechanced going. If it's alright for me to just watch, I'll take it. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:20:15 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

EonDragon20

• Escaped Lunatic
  • "Lost time is never found again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 12:42:56 pm »

I like this thread so far. Have some fan art! <3

So, uh, this is TankKit and his statue. Thing is, I started this thinking TankKit was a girl, since the Pony description says "She". But as far as I can tell, narratively, its a guy? At least, you refer to TankKit as a "he" in the 1st of Limestone journal. I settled on male, but this was after I had already colored it, so the change was last minute. I say this because... uhh... even after the changes it still looks female to me, sorta.

Btw, ponies aren't what I normally draw. Please excuse any errors ^^;; I might make more as well, as the urge comes to me.

EDIT: Oops! I forgot the cutie mark! >.< Ehh, a flying bag of coins is hardly relevant to the character anyways. I can fix it, if asked.

EDIT 2: Okay, female then. Fixed the cutie mark while I was at it. :)

Sidenote: Any chance we can get a list of unclaimed Ponies on the OP? I'd just like to know what all is available ^^;;
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:53:46 pm by EonDragon20 »
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
~John Lennon

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 01:28:13 pm »

AWESOME, I love it. And i finished winter last night, so expect update today

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 02:29:30 pm »

Since the description sais she's female, she's female.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

EonDragon20

• Escaped Lunatic
  • "Lost time is never found again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 02:56:33 pm »

Since the description sais she's female, she's female.
Lol okay. Fixed
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
~John Lennon

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 12:41:39 pm »

Journal of Senshuken, Too laze and sleepy to find out of Moonstone 250

I've come to a decision; I want the Changeling bastards to come. The bug monsters have a habit of taking trophies of those ponies they kill, normally a small 'book' of cutie marks stitched together at one end so that they can be flipped through to show them off. It's how they keep track of kills... and strangely enough from what I've heard, they are surprisingly strict and honorable about this practice; No Changeling has ever been seen attempting to take the cutie mark for a kill they didn't personally make.  It is a disgusting practice... but it means that when we slay them and search their bodies, we will know just how many of our lost kin and friends we have avenged and can give them a semi decent send off. These foul score keeping books will be burned and the memory of those whom they once belonged remembered.

I... will make a request. I don't want to draw any resources away from anywhere vital to us or our survival, but maybe... we could build a memorial to those of our kind who are lost. Whom will never receive the proper funeral rights because there was no one left to give them, whom there is no one left too mourn them personally... whom is unknown to all because there is no one left who knows their names. It would also be a good place to burn those morbid cutie mark 'books'... A rite to show those who have died unknown during these dark days that while we may not know who they were, we have not forgotten them.

We will never forget them. 
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 01:51:47 pm »

I must say, Ryukan's definition of 'day' is a bit off.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 02:44:54 pm »

I must say, Ryukan's definition of 'day' is a bit off.

I was taken hostage by a force known as procastination, Rest assured I finished winter, i just need to write it. I guess ill have it on sometime today.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5