Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Operation Titan (Open, 7/10)  (Read 18108 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Titan (Open, 7/10)
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2017, 01:45:16 pm »

What sort of setup do you guys think you'll go for? I can see myself going Elite VIRON, but I may get Sniper. On a similar note, I'm sorta surprised there isn't a VIRON sniper rifle. Should I get a TK-80? I'll post my action once I decide.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »

(I still have that machine gun I salvaged, right?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2017, 03:40:41 pm »

(I still have that machine gun I salvaged, right?)

I believe it spontaneously combusted. Spontaneous combustion is more common than you'd like to think in a Biodome.

What sort of setup do you guys think you'll go for? I can see myself going Elite VIRON, but I may get Sniper. On a similar note, I'm sorta surprised there isn't a VIRON sniper rifle. Should I get a TK-80? I'll post my action once I decide.

That's actually a great suggestion, I'll get right on adding one.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2017, 03:52:42 pm »

Activate my class ability and rush out the flaming exit to safety!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2017, 03:59:13 pm »

You've escaped already. You're now facing a horde of zombies. It's at the bottom of the post, where I stupidly placed so it's hard to notice.

Sorry.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2017, 04:03:37 pm »

pick off any stragglers my comrades miss with my pistol. Keep a eye on the horizon for movement.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2017, 04:15:16 pm »

. Makes me want to try making more suggestions.

-A caltrops-esque trap, for slowing enemy movement. Might only be effective on the Infected, and others who would have low amounts of foot armor. Might be consumable, might be an alternative to a grenade. Maybe the grenade lays the caltrops. Perhaps a Viron version.
-On the topic of traps, perhaps a trap-based class, focused on placing down harmful, debilitating traps that can diminish the strength, speed, and health of even the greatest mutants, making it easier for their allies to kill them. Tripwires, slowing goo, smoke bombs, mines, etc. may be possibilities.
-A basic robotic humanoid as a drone. Simple weaponry, and perhaps a grenade installed into himself for suicidal explosions.
-A slow, grounded drone as an energy shield, for blocking incoming fire. Maybe instead as an immovable, consumable placement.
-Smoke grenade. Mildly toxic, but barely dangerous as poison, and pretty much every gas mask filters it out
-Poisonous smoke grenade, whose inhaled poison is only filtered out by moderate-level gas masks up.
-Flash grenade, who can briefly blind enemies, especially the uninfected or those with gas masks.
-Sound "grenade", which emits sound for a longer duration. Great for distracting Infected hordes. Deluxe version comes with the smell of blood. Maybe takes form of small baby-doll-like figure.
-Air cannon/gun/hose that can knock a lot of things down, leaving enemies prone or turning tall objects into instruments of death.

Also, I WILL buy and equip the TK-80.
Should I use a VIRON grenade?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2017, 06:34:21 pm »

. Makes me want to try making more suggestions.

-A caltrops-esque trap, for slowing enemy movement. Might only be effective on the Infected, and others who would have low amounts of foot armor. Might be consumable, might be an alternative to a grenade. Maybe the grenade lays the caltrops. Perhaps a Viron version.
-On the topic of traps, perhaps a trap-based class, focused on placing down harmful, debilitating traps that can diminish the strength, speed, and health of even the greatest mutants, making it easier for their allies to kill them. Tripwires, slowing goo, smoke bombs, mines, etc. may be possibilities.
-A basic robotic humanoid as a drone. Simple weaponry, and perhaps a grenade installed into himself for suicidal explosions.
-A slow, grounded drone as an energy shield, for blocking incoming fire. Maybe instead as an immovable, consumable placement.
-Smoke grenade. Mildly toxic, but barely dangerous as poison, and pretty much every gas mask filters it out
-Poisonous smoke grenade, whose inhaled poison is only filtered out by moderate-level gas masks up.
-Flash grenade, who can briefly blind enemies, especially the uninfected or those with gas masks.
-Sound "grenade", which emits sound for a longer duration. Great for distracting Infected hordes. Deluxe version comes with the smell of blood. Maybe takes form of small baby-doll-like figure.
-Air cannon/gun/hose that can knock a lot of things down, leaving enemies prone or turning tall objects into instruments of death.

Also, I WILL buy and equip the TK-80.
Should I use a VIRON grenade?

Wonderful. I've completed the transaction. The engineer potentially specializes in immobile and land based drones, so that's definitely planned. As for all your other suggestions, I appreciate them greatly. I do think we need more grenades, which you suggested quite a few of.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »

Use my grenade.

Is LYNX-007 still in there?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2017, 06:44:22 pm »

Glad to help, Rethi. Also, guess I won't use my VIRON grenade. Keep my Venus at the ready, if there are any that survive or aren't killed quickly by the grenade. If few are killed, reposition first.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2017, 06:48:25 pm »

Use my grenade.

This is a different pod. LYNX-006 is back at your landing area, but this pod is filled with members of the Beta-007 squad, nicknamed Spider Squad. So please don't blow them up.

Also, OceanSoul, you can use the grenade if you want. It won't hurt any non-infected targets.

EDIT: LYNX-006 is keeping a journal! Let's use my omniscent GM powers to see what he's writing.

Some fucking day
Titan

Dear diary manly journal,

Today I just lost a fucking arm and a leg. Never really appreciated painkillers until the moment some fucking monster tore me apart. Not two minutes after the monster leaves, a new squad comes in. First thing they do is point guns at me and crack jokes about my injuries. Yeah, one of them made a fucking joke about my missing leg. They're all gone now, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to bleed out in this damn escape pod I'm in. If you're reading this and I'm dead, and you happen to be that asshole who made a joke about me, fuck you.

I can't even tell what time it is anymore, and it's fucking cold.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:57:30 pm by Rethi-Eli »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2017, 06:52:55 pm »

Guess I WILL use it, then.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2017, 07:33:41 pm »

Use my grenade.

This is a different pod. LYNX-006 is back at your landing area, but this pod is filled with members of the Beta-007 squad, nicknamed Spider Squad. So please don't blow them up.

Also, OceanSoul, you can use the grenade if you want. It won't hurt any non-infected targets.

EDIT: LYNX-006 is keeping a journal! Let's use my omniscent GM powers to see what he's writing.

Some fucking day
Titan

Dear diary manly journal,

Today I just lost a fucking arm and a leg. Never really appreciated painkillers until the moment some fucking monster tore me apart. Not two minutes after the monster leaves, a new squad comes in. First thing they do is point guns at me and crack jokes about my injuries. Yeah, one of them made a fucking joke about my missing leg. They're all gone now, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to bleed out in this damn escape pod I'm in. If you're reading this and I'm dead, and you happen to be that asshole who made a joke about me, fuck you.

I can't even tell what time it is anymore, and it's fucking cold.
Yeah, I feel bad for him now. I hope I can go back and heal him.

Goggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2017, 09:29:28 pm »

"Fucking shit! I should really knock the next time I come out of the pod.

reloads and attempts to blast a group of infected with my rifle before quickly shutting the pod door
Um, same!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2017, 10:10:05 pm »

"GOD DAMN IT I HAD A GOOD ONE LINER READY AND EVERYTHING!" Slap the guy who stole my kill over the back of his head before going with the rest of the group. Kill anything I see that isn't an ally.

You manage to get in a quick slap before you start spraying bullets into the horde. (84 vs. 23) You don't actually see anything get hit, but you do know you hit something. I mean, it's a giant horde. How could you miss?

You start to run, when a swift slap to the back of the head helps you realize you escaped a while ago.

pick off any stragglers my comrades miss with my pistol. Keep a eye on the horizon for movement.

(65 vs. 7) You fire a few rounds into the horde, bringing down one zombie and wounding another. Nothing moves on the horizon. (358 vs. 45) The Spider Squad mows down at least 12 zombies from inside the pod.

Guess I WILL use it, then.

(124 vs. 76) Your grenade explodes, showering the zombies with anti-viral mist. Those in the blast radius start to slow down, falling to the ground one by one as the mist is absorbed into their bodies.

Use my grenade.

(84 vs. 12) You throw your grenade, burning four more zombies into a crisp.

"Fucking shit! I should really knock the next time I come out of the pod.

reloads and attempts to blast a group of infected with my rifle before quickly shutting the pod door

(56 vs. 2) You blast away and take down two zombies before slamming the door shut. It seems that Alpha-007 squad arrived, considering the fact that you hear gunfire from behind the horde.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12