Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Operation Titan (Open, 7/10)  (Read 18107 times)

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Wear a Badass Gas Mask and Neutralize the Infected (Open, 7/10)
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2017, 06:01:18 am »

"Bang Bang!" Continue shooting the undead while continuing my slow tactical retreat tactical withdraw .

Fixed it for you.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »

Ghost Squad

Smash their rotten heads, then get up and get away!

Smash their rotten heads, then get up and get away!
swapping out the clip thats in his SMG for a full one, WIGHT would take aim and start popping heads with short controlled bursts, starting with the two on top of his comrade.

SPECTRE-007/James Bond

You start punching the head of the nearest infected. (91 vs. 8) With a powerful two-handed blow, you crush the thing's skull, killing it instantly. The other one, seeing an opening, rushes you! (89 vs. 74) You kick it back, but not before it drags you even further from your shotgun. (84 vs. -17) As the infected is dragging you towards it, WIGHT-007 fires a few rounds from his SMG. The zombie's head explodes in a shower of gore. You retrieve your shotgun and retreat into the cargo bay.

WIGHT-007

After taking out the zombie harassing SPECTRE-007, you start taking aimed shots at a few of the zombies as you retreat. (10 vs. 50) You manage to wound a few of the zombies, but the adrenaline pumping through your body is making your hands shake a little bit, making aimed shots hard.

..Looking back, I just realized that the guys the other group came across were books for a third, enemy group. Whoops.

Retreat/tactical retreat/reposition/whatever with the rest of my group. If there are Infected in front of us/ to our sides/ closing in on us, shoot with Venus.

WRAITH-007

You spray a few rounds into the horde. (82 vs. 1) You take down another four infected, and wound another three, which soon succumb to the anti-viral solution. That leaves about... (87) seven, it looks like, possibly more. you join the rest of your squad in the cargo bay.

Shoot any zeds that get close to anyone in general.

Ask if LYNX-007 knows anything we should know.

APPARITION-007

You aim your gun at the cargo bay door, but your comrades seem to have the situation under control. A good number of the infected that swarmed you are either incapacitated or dead now, and so far nobody is hurt. You turn to LYNX-006.

"How are you holding up?" you ask, lowering your weapon for a second.

"About as well as you can expect from someone missing two outta four limbs, which is pretty fuckin' bad. Thank God for painkiller shots, they can really take the edge off. Blur your mind so you don't have to think about the fact that you lost an arm and a leg."

"You have any info that would help us? Y'know, about whatever did that to you?"

"It was... fuckin' huge. I'd say fourteen feet tall, could weigh more than half a ton. Thing broke through the goodamn door, grabbed the captain of my squad, and tore him in two. Our bullets only pissed the thing off. It tore off my arm and leg, then tossed me into a corner to die. I didn't get a good look at it, but I know this - that motherfucker was a death machine."

"Bang Bang!" Continue shooting the undead while continuing my slow tactical retreat.

PANTASM-007

(87 vs. 79) You get in a few nice shots, but the zombie you're firing at moves just as you shoot, causing the bullet meant for its head to strike its shoulder instead. It staggers back, but little permanent damage is done. GHOST-007 also takes a few potshots (81 vs. 14) and shoots down two of the infected. Only a handful remain, which are (131 vs. 5) easily dispatched by the rest of your squad.

Mission Complete!
Rewards: You have all unlocked the medic class, and gained 150 points. You may now switch classes if you are so inclined, although any used grenades will not be replenished.

GHOST-007 kicks the last zombie away from him and dispatches it with a shot to the head as HQ radioes in.

"Sorry for the late reply, Alpha-007. Beta-007's training mission was... compromised. We are now almost completely sure that an enemy force is also looking for the virus sample. We're sending reinforcements no-"

"HQ, we were attacked while you were busy fucking around!" shouts GHOST-007, angrily. "I could have lost some men out here!"

"GHOST-007, regain your composure immediately. Beta-007, the squad that was supposed to join you, was attacked at the same time you landed. HQ was busy. We were confident in your ability to dispatch a few of the infected. You have a new objective now. Head due East, and enter one of our abandoned biotech facilities. Destroy all the data there. We can't have any of our enemies get their hands on our biotechnology. We're dropping a few explosives by the lab. Plant them on the main structure beam and blow it up. We're sending you the coordinates now. Take care, Alpha squad - some of our more dangerous bioweapons were developed there."

GHOST-007 looks at the screen on his wrist, and motions for you to follow him. You trek through the abandoned biodome until you reach a huge building marked with the RAPID signature. (46) As you draw nearer, however, you hear the sounds of gunfire. You duck behind cover, and see a couple of Hivetech soldiers dispatching a handful of zombies. Once the last one is down, you listen in on them. One of them starts talking into his radio. (96) You're close enough that you can hear, but you don't get spotted.

"Echo nine, this is Bravo squad. We've reached the RAPID facility. No sign of any RAPID soldiers." There's a short pause. "Roger that. We're moving in now."

You watch as the squadron kicks down the main door and enters the facility. Looks like you have company.

Ghost squad and Ghost squad allies statuses

Spoiler: WRAITH-007 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SPECTRE-007 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WIGHT-007 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: APPARTITION-007 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PHANTASM-007 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GHOST-007 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LYNX-006 (click to show/hide)

Spider squad

FFS Goggles get off your ass and post an action

WOLF-007

You and TARANTULA-007 take a few shots at the unknown intruders. (42 and 68 vs. 2) You hit the captain in the chest, killing him instantly, while TARANTULA, in a spray of machine gun fire, takes down his two subordinates, hitting one in the head and the other in the arm carrying his weapon. The wounded soldier curses, but he makes no move to attack you. When you point you gun at him, he surrenders his weapons. You make it to the escape pod, and your squad follows you. SPIDER-007 presses a few buttons, and the door slams shut just as a handful of the enemy soldiers spot you. You're ejected from the training facility, a space station orbiting Titan, and rocket towards the biodome at three times the speed of a normal space shuttle.

Spider squad status:

Spoiler: WOLF-007 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Everyone else (click to show/hide)

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2017, 02:08:03 pm »

"Wait a minute..." He rushes over to Lynx. "2 questions, 1, did you see where the monster thing went, and 2, how long ago did this happen?" He suddenly seems very worried about something, and makes sure to keep an eye on all possible entries.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2017, 04:06:54 pm »

(Question: does changing class remove or add gear aside from consumables such as grenades?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2017, 05:10:34 pm »

(Question: does changing class remove or add gear aside from consumables such as grenades?)

When you change classes, you completely switch up your gear, sans grenades and drones (unless you're switching from a non-drone class to a drone class). So yes.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 06:04:23 pm »

When you change classes, you completely switch up your gear, sans grenades and drones (unless you're switching from a non-drone class to a drone class). So yes.
Alright, I'm going to change to medic. You want me to make a new sheet-post for it, or just update the old one?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Goggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2017, 06:12:43 pm »

Slowly makes his way towards the team
Attempts to apologize by saying he can explain why he was not present without an actual reason
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:14:49 pm by Goggles »
Um, same!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2017, 06:38:21 pm »

Alright, I'm going to change to medic. You want me to make a new sheet-post for it, or just update the old one?

Whichever works for you, just notify me in your next post.

Attempts to apologize by saying he can explain why he was not present without an actual reason

k

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2017, 07:05:08 pm »

Look for potential indirect ways of killing them, such as volatile materials, odd liquids in large tanks, and things hanging above where they could be. My Semi can't do much damage to their armor. They are lightly armored, right? Also, where might Infected be able to come in? A group of them could make it much easier to defeat the Hivetechs, and they would be easier to defeat in the end. That is , if there weren't any behemoths or other such mutated versions.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 07:12:58 pm »

(Changes made to original sheet.)
"HQ, this is WIGHT-007 requesting medical supply drop at our current location. If we are going up against your toys, we need to have something to patch ourselves up with."
tossing SPECTRE one of his unprimed in incendiary grenades, Bastille would move to pick up his new gear and take a flanking position on the hivetech soldiers to ambush them should they turn back for some reason.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2017, 08:54:08 pm »

"Expect a giant zombie nearby..."

Check Facility for anything interesting.

Reload gun.

Regroup.

"So we could just let in the HIVETECHTM guys in front of us do all the zombie killing, when they are about to do anything fishy we just jump in and shoot. Simple enough right?"

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Titan (Open, 7/10)
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2017, 09:57:28 pm »

I've been making gradual edits to the OP for a while now, and it's almost complete! Please check out the new weapons, classes, abilities, and other stuffs!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2017, 10:36:51 am »

Eliminate any nearby enemies, then search for and secure the objective.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2017, 10:41:49 pm »

Unknown time

RAPID biotech facility T-1

"Wait a minute..." He rushes over to Lynx. "2 questions, 1, did you see where the monster thing went, and 2, how long ago did this happen?" He suddenly seems very worried about something, and makes sure to keep an eye on all possible entries.

Err... LYNX-006 is back at the cargo bay. You trekked a while to get to the RAPID biotech labs. Since I'm a nice GM, however, I'll let you know that LYNX-006 wouldn't know the answer to #1, and that the corpses of Theta-006 squad were extremely fresh. Dead ten minutes ago fresh.

You keep an eye on all possible entries to the biotech lab that you see. (7) Which is only the main entrance.

Look for potential indirect ways of killing them, such as volatile materials, odd liquids in large tanks, and things hanging above where they could be. My Semi can't do much damage to their armor. They are lightly armored, right? Also, where might Infected be able to come in? A group of them could make it much easier to defeat the Hivetechs, and they would be easier to defeat in the end. That is , if there weren't any behemoths or other such mutated versions.

You advance after the Hivetech soldiers are out of hearing range, and take a peek around the lab. Besides the main entrance, you see no other points of access... (93) except for the fire escape! You climb the stairs and take a look inside. Three Hivetech soldiers are examining some sort of giant snake, floating in biogel. You presume that if you fire a few rounds at the glass capsule it's in, the biogel will leak out and the bioweapon will awaken. As for the infected, you know that they're attracted by blood, so perhaps a few non-fatal injuries from your Venus will be more effective than the enemy might think...

(Changes made to original sheet.)
"HQ, this is WIGHT-007 requesting medical supply drop at our current location. If we are going up against your toys, we need to have something to patch ourselves up with."
tossing SPECTRE one of his unprimed in incendiary grenades, Bastille would move to pick up his new gear and take a flanking position on the hivetech soldiers to ambush them should they turn back for some reason.

Poof! You're a medic now! In fact, you've always been a medic, right? Yeah, that sounds right.

You can't really take a flanking position on the Hivetech soldiers, so you simply follow WRAITH-007 up the fire escape. GHOST-007 and APPARITION-007 soon follow. SPECTRE-007 hesitates a second before joining you all. HQ radioes in.

"Alpha squad, we've sent some reinforcements to your coordinates. They should be arriving now."

You look around, and sure enough, you see two figures approaching in the distance. You and the rest of the squad head out to meet them. As you draw nearer, you get a better look at them. One of them is clad in SH Kevlar armor, and is armed with some sort of heavy rifle. The other seems lightly armed and armored. The eyes on their gas mask are light blue instead of the standard red, and they move with almost inhuman speed. You and the two new soldiers rendezvous. The heavily armored jogs up to you. In their gear, they seem to tower well over six feet tall.

"Name is Flint, but you should call me GHOUL-007 as long as I'm a part of Alpha-007. I'm from RAPID Spec Ops. Pleasure." they say, in a deep voice.

The other soldier lithely slides behind Flint and gives you a nod.

"REVENANT-007. Elite recon."

As a side note, recon is the most badass class, even if it is technically not as powerful as mech pilot. Recon is badass. Go recon, all the time, all the way. (Don't actually do that, a squad of all recons is not very powerful)

GHOST-007 shakes both of their hands.

"Call me GHOST-007 for the duration of this mission. Alpha-007 squad leader. I assume you've been briefed on the mission objective. Let's head out.

"Expect a giant zombie nearby..."

Check Facility for anything interesting.

Reload gun.

Regroup.

"So we could just let in the HIVETECHTM guys in front of us do all the zombie killing, when they are about to do anything fishy we just jump in and shoot. Simple enough right?"

You reassume your position at the fire escape door and prepare to head in when you head a head-splitting screech, followed by a human scream, the sound of gunfire, and then the dull thud of a body hitting the floor. The noise was loud, and you see a small group of the infected amassing by the front entrance. It goes from small to medium and medium to large in no time.

Well shit. It's bioweapons versus soldiers versus zombies versus poor old you.

Eliminate any nearby enemies, then search for and secure the objective.

You prepare to jump in, when GHOST-007 pulls you back.

"This is a stealth mission for now, SPECTRE. I need you to remain silent until you have to fire. REVENANT-007 has a silenced SMG, so he'll take out any hostiles for us, unless we must get involved in combat. Follow my lead, Ghost squad."

You follow GHOST-007 through the door and into the facility.

Map coming soon!

Spider squad

You land with a thud. Where, you don't know. Open the door and find out!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:44:24 pm by Rethi-Eli »

Goggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2017, 12:20:06 am »

Slowly open the door in front, ignoring all possible dangers around.
Um, same!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12