Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Operation Titan (Open, 7/10)  (Read 18076 times)

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Wear a Badass Gas Mask and Neutralize the Infected (Open, 7/10)
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 12:05:56 am »

"HQ, Can you hear me!! Ghost-007 had a run-in with the infected, gunshot has started to drawn in more zeds. What's the ETA of the backup!!?? Where is the rendezvous point!!??  Anytime now... "

Fallback to the landing pod defending the LYNX-006

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 12:13:19 am »

Ready the Venus, and, if I could reasonably kill 10 of them by the time they caught up to us, start shooting!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:25 am »

"Heh heh, hello friends!" Shoot the undead while slowly falling back to the landing pod.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 05:00:32 am »

hearing gunfire, WIGHT would sprint to the doorway and hip fire at the infected leading the horde with his SMG, relying on it's lower recoil to make the most of his shots.
"keep your eyes open. there are signs of mutants, possibly bioweapons."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 03:42:04 pm »

Throw an incendiary grenade and open fire on the infected horde, and then enact a tactical retreat!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 06:09:16 pm »

Ghost Squad

"HQ, Can you hear me!! Ghost-007 had a run-in with the infected, gunshot has started to drawn in more zeds. What's the ETA of the backup!!?? Where is the rendezvous point!!??  Anytime now... "

Fallback to the landing pod defending the LYNX-006

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

APPARITION-007

(negative 27) There's no response. GHOST-007 is also trying to reach command, but without success.

"Goddamnit, HQ isn't responding. Open fire."

(47 vs. 35) - You land a few hits, and a few body parts go flying. None of the hostiles drop, though.

(68) You retreat, making it back to the landing pod. LYNX-006 feebly aims a handgun at the entrance. GHOST-007 fires off a few more rounds and falls back, followed by SPECTRE-007 and PHANTASM-007. WIGHT-007 and WRAITH-007 continue firing from the doorway.

Ready the Venus, and, if I could reasonably kill 10 of them by the time they caught up to us, start shooting!

WRAITH-007

(7) You have no idea of how many you can kill. After all, this is your first time in the field. (90 vs. 34) You fire a couple of quick bursts, and nick 8 of the infected. 3 of them collapse immediately, and the other five start to grow sluggish. One of them hurls themselves at you! (23 vs. 12) You repel them with a quick bash to the face, stunning them.

"Heh heh, hello friends!" Shoot the undead while slowly falling back to the landing pod.

You spray a couple bullets at the infected while making a tactical retreat. (12 vs. 64) You do make a few hits, but they seem to have little effect. (87) Your tactical retreat leads you back into the cargo bay.

hearing gunfire, WIGHT would sprint to the doorway and hip fire at the infected leading the horde with his SMG, relying on it's lower recoil to make the most of his shots.
"keep your eyes open. there are signs of mutants, possibly bioweapons."

WIGHT-007

You fire from your hip. While it's less accurate, it allows for you to continuously fire at the horde, providing decent suppression for the rest of the squad, as well as cover a wider range. (54 vs. 33) You manage to cripple a couple of the infected, slowing them and making them less dangerous. While a dead infected is always the best infected, ones with missing arms are still nicer than ones with all their bits intact.

Throw an incendiary grenade and open fire on the infected horde, and then enact a tactical retreat!

SPECTRE-007

While WIGHT-007 provides suppressing fire, you hurl an incendiary grenade into the midst of the infected. (22 vs. 32) You throw your grenade too soon, giving it time to roll away from the horde before it detonates. It explodes, showering some of the infected in a burst of flame. Two of them are crippled to the point where they can no longer advance on you, but three others are the same, only now they're on fire. Flaming zombies, yay! You quickly reach for your gun to put down the flaming zombies (89 vs. 10), and blow their faces off. One of the zombies rushes you! (63 vs. 80) You barely see it from your peripheral vision before the zombie slams into you, pinning you down! (30) Another zombie quickly piles on, and you weapon hand is firmly pinned down. You grapple with the two infecteds. Your Hivetech Shredder is pretty unusable right now, considering that there's a zombie on top of it.

Spider Squad

NOTE: Goggles, you've had over 24 hours to reply. Normally I'd just not make you do anything, but since Spider Squad's actions are directly effecting Ghost Squad, I'm automating your action. You'll stick with TARANTULA-007.

WOLF-007

Before you really know what's going on, you're yanked by TARANTULA-009 into the left passage.

"Follow me and don't make any sudden movements."

You and TARANTULA-007 creep down the hallway until you hear distant voices. (42) They sound like they're coming from behind gas masks, but you can't distinguish them.

"We took out the facility director, sir. We haven't located the data storage or the Beta squad, although we'll keep an eye out."

"Good. Beta squad is possibly armed, and they're well trained. Stay sharp."

You and TARANTULA-007 quickly duck into the shadows as three pairs of boots pass by you. (72 vs. 23) They pass right by, and you look back. Three soldiers, each armed and armored in Hivetech gear, head down the hallway. Once they're out of sight, you and TARANTULA move forward once again. You see another Hivetech soldier, with a slightly different model of armor and a small red badge on his shoulder. (13 vs. 69) Apparently he sees you too, because he fires off a few rounds in your direction. (41 vs. 14) The hastily fired shots all miss, but you hear the soldiers that passed you earlier returning, drawn by the sound of gunfire. Goddamnit. HQ radioes in.

"Beta-007 squad, this is RAPID HQ. It seems that your training facility is under attack, although we don't know by whom. Escape from the facility ASAP. There's an escape pod room on board the training facility. I'm sending you a map."

You receive the map. It seems that if you just head a little bit further left, you'll be in the escape pod room. (79 vs. 45) You hear sounds of combat from behind you. It seems that more of your squadmates doubled back and took the left path, ambushing the soldiers behind you. (54) You briefly hear the soldier firing at you shout something into a radio, and moments later two more soldiers, also wearing Hivetech armor, join him. What do you do?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 06:13:16 pm »

Wait..are the two teams ENEMIES?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 06:15:27 pm »

Wait..are the two teams ENEMIES?

The training facility Beta-007 squad is in is being invaded by an unknown foe. So yeah.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 06:20:32 pm »

I..I could've SWORN that we were all on the same team! Why would you institute PvP in this game- there was no suggestion or hint of it whatsoever in the OP!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 06:36:14 pm »

Smash their rotten heads, then get up and get away!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 07:20:28 pm »

I..I could've SWORN that we were all on the same team! Why would you institute PvP in this game- there was no suggestion or hint of it whatsoever in the OP!

To elaborate, players are all on the same team. The Beta Squad is at a RAPID training facility being attacked by an unknown enemy, but they're still on your team. There's not any PvP... yet.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 08:09:33 pm »

..Looking back, I just realized that the guys the other group came across were books for a third, enemy group. Whoops.

Retreat/tactical retreat/reposition/whatever with the rest of my group. If there are Infected in front of us/ to our sides/ closing in on us, shoot with Venus.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 10:09:51 pm »

Smash their rotten heads, then get up and get away!
swapping out the clip thats in his SMG for a full one, WIGHT would take aim and start popping heads with short controlled bursts, starting with the two on top of his comrade.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:15:31 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 01:29:10 am »

Shoot any zeds that get close to anyone in general.

Ask if LYNX-007 knows anything we should know.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 03:11:55 am »

"Bang Bang!" Continue shooting the undead while continuing my slow tactical retreat.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:09:59 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12