Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

GROS-MT3 sounds like which type of techno DJ?

Trance
- 2 (40%)
Lots of vocals/melody
- 1 (20%)
Intense/Fast paced
- 1 (20%)
Heavy Base/Hard
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: —= REDNECK MECKS =— ///MATCH#1/// OPEN THRONE P13  (Read 20246 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Redneck Mechs (illustrated custom arena) Turn 5
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2017, 08:56:23 pm »

While I don't like sharing a title with something pre-existing(mech deck)... I think redneck mechs is unique enough that I don't mind sharing it with them.

And I use a certain light casual tone in the way I use redneck where it doesn't necessarily mean plaid shirt and beer belly. A synonym could be jalopy or over souped up.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2017, 09:35:28 pm »

If uniqueness in webcomics was actually a thing then "a couple of guys who like computer games" would likely be some sort of apocalyptic battlefield. I am mostly just filling airtime at this point.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2017, 12:26:13 am »

Hmm. Maybe I should poke you to be the announcer next time.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2017, 12:48:34 am »

So I guess that means you guys want to continue huh?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2017, 01:38:48 am »

Yeah
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2017, 02:53:17 am »

RAM, would you be interested in a job helping me find the best values for vanilla cards?

I want
2dpt(damage per turn) for ★
And 50% more each rank up. And I need: low hit high pow, high hit low pow, and avarage for each tier.

Also maybe a 25% further increase for risk reward(if that makes sense).

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2017, 03:22:25 am »

Erp- Umm, I might maybe look into that, over the next couple of days, but statistics really isn't my thing. But I could runs some basic numbers and just randomly guess what other factors exist. Prode me again in a couple of days and see if I have put a single ounce of effort into this. The odds are probably about 75% against...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Redneck Mechs (illustrated custom arena) Turn 6
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2017, 06:42:08 am »

Turn 6

At point blank range, Jackhammer fires its' railcannon! Right at GROS' cockpit! ...And somehow GROS gets up! It shines a blue wave on Verticlaw, who is really starting to smoke up from the cockpit.

Turn 7

Quote from: System Status Overview
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul's Deck

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2017, 06:43:49 am »

but statistics really isn't my thing. [...] The odds are probably about 75% against...

-.-

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2017, 07:00:35 am »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2017, 10:57:36 am »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2017, 03:34:45 pm »

That is probability, and vaguely estimated probabilty at that. Statistics is where you have to find consistent meaning in a list of thousands of data entries.
Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2017, 05:17:15 pm »

Eh 50% is probably too small anyway. Now that I think of it(out loud) it should probably ramp upward with each step....

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2017, 11:55:08 pm »

RL drop(kinda heavy but good...)

Some stuff came up that really scared me... financially. It made me wonder if I could spend all my hobby free time doing stuff that doesn't make money. So updates were kind of slow compared to I think where we started, as my heart needed a few days to heal and I still really like this project and this game.

I believe someday I will be able to profit off of the skills I learned from doing this kind of thing. I do see it as an investment. However though there is something you can do to help. A big part of this for me is the art so if you can give me feedback now and then that would return a lot of value back to me from this. Thanks for hearing my words.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Redneck Mechs Turn 7
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2017, 08:48:53 pm »

REDNECK
        MECHS
THE ARENA COMIC

Turn 7

GROS positions itself once again, extending its' dish antenna. But then, a wirlwind of dust whips up and the ground shakes slightly, as Verticlaw skyrockets away!

Verticlaw takes use of this aerial advantage to scout out Jackhammer, lauching a claw right onto the railcannoneer's face!

Well I guess I know where the "verti" in Verticlaw came from now.

Quote from: System Status Overview

OceanSoul's Deck

heydude's Deck

RAM's Deck

OOC: Thank you for your enthusiasm and patience. Despite what I said don't feel any pressure to critique my art. That's something extra that I've thrown in to ask at this point. But I do plan to make it more clear that I would appreciate that to people signing up for the next round.

*knock on wood*
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17