Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3561 3562 [3563]

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4151857 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53430 on: September 19, 2024, 11:10:28 am »

He's totally wrong about manufacturing jobs and nuclear weapons, anyway. In the event of a nuclear strike there'll be a need for manufacturing higher than the availability of workers. (In the wake of a particularly comprehensive nuclear exchange, there may be a large uptick in demand for skilled flint-knappers, proportionally.)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53431 on: September 19, 2024, 11:37:37 am »

Please don't give them any ideas.   ;D

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53432 on: September 19, 2024, 09:50:10 pm »

Vivek Ramaswamy did a town hall in Springfield Ohio. Every question except one was scripted to open up the a talking point so Vivek could provide a verbal replacement for the stuff Trump/Vance has been promoting. My favorite was when the woman complained that her daughter was chased by a "migrant" guy with a machette, she called the police, but the police didn't respond to the call. I'm curious how many people there were actually Springfield residents and how many came into the city for the event.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53433 on: Today at 06:33:31 am »

I "love" the way politics tends to hyperbolize a unique situation, then incorrectly extrapolate that to a generalization.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53434 on: Today at 09:26:55 am »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/delusional-unsettling-trump-forgets-no-141457826.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

But there was no audience to react at all.....
Even if we lie and say he meant watching from home, he couldn't see people watching from their homes....

This is worse than anything Biden did and there's no saying it was health or illness related like a cold or jet lag or whatever.

An audience wasn't there to go wild or crazy.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53435 on: Today at 10:09:57 am »

I mean it could be health or illness related. Brain troubles are health and illness related things, after all.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53436 on: Today at 10:51:51 am »

Um, ok. Maybe but that's worse, right? I'm not on it about you Great Order, but just in general.

I don't know enough about psychology but that's worse right? Isn't that part of why everyone went nuts on Biden after the debate and he ended up dropping out of the race or something? So Biden's "too old, but ... this is fine?

But not a peep from anybody about Trump for worse stuff? Where's that one "both sides" meme?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53437 on: Today at 11:04:35 am »

It's fairly old news now that the far right likes to accuse and condemn everyone for things they themselves are doing, so this isn't surprising at all.

Besides, even if it was some form of dementia or mental decline, Trump tends to shit out such a word salad of nonsense that's disconnected from reality at best of times it becomes kinda hard to tell the difference between one and the other.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53438 on: Today at 11:52:57 am »

Dude's a pathological liar. The fact that its pretty hard to separate the craziness he believes (eating cats and dogs!), him just flat out lying repeatedly (often for no reason), his general word salad speaking style, and genuine signs of dementia does make things pretty tough.

So its between being forgetful/dementia here and him just lying which... uh... both are totally possible, so its all a matter of perspective (see: half the country believing his nonsense) if this is anything at all or not.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53439 on: Today at 12:05:28 pm »

WATCH: Sen. Kennedy makes baseless claim that Arab American witness is 'supporting Hamas' (youtube.com)

This is very disgusting behavior from Senator John Kennedy. I think it is embarrassing to see such a person hold the office of Senator of Louisiana.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53440 on: Today at 02:17:48 pm »

Given the actual difference in sizes between Obama's crowd and his 'larger' one, could just be a case of constantly hallucinationg more than 900,000 people being present that never are...

It could explain a lot. Especially if it extends to imaginary voters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53441 on: Today at 05:03:14 pm »

WATCH: Sen. Kennedy makes baseless claim that Arab American witness is 'supporting Hamas' (youtube.com)

This is very disgusting behavior from Senator John Kennedy. I think it is embarrassing to see such a person hold the office of Senator of Louisiana.
Oh, yeah, that.  I'll repost something I wrote up somewhere else.  It's a little "spicy" but why hold back in front of such evil?

This man is not exercising free speech, he is doing a hate crime and inciting violence.  Particularly at the end.  Many elected officials have been sanctioned for far less, but he will face no consequences. 

When people rush in to defend "free speech", 99% of the time this is what they are defending.  Knowingly or otherwise.  The right to lie and cause harm by doing so.

[People express hopes that something will be done, maybe he'll face censure]

It would restore a fragment of my faith in our democracy if he did, but I have no expectation he will.
I don't enjoy feeling doomer like that, but this is a systemic problem and I don't want to point at one offender and hope something happens and then let it slide out of the news cycle.

This requires a systemic solution.  Not even new rules, but proper enforcement of existing ones.  Leftists and minorities get censured constantly.  The system isn't fair and it is working to advance this racist's position.  That MUST change.
No justice, no peace.  In the absence of such consequences, people will correctly lack pride and faith in their government.

That lack of pride serves fascism and the collapse of democracy, which is part of this man's motivation to do it.  Fascists are not only free to lie, they are incentivized to attack the concept of truth.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53442 on: Today at 06:14:22 pm »

I am sad I watched that. Naked discrimination which will at worst get him a slap on the wrist, if it even gets that far.

Talking over her that she won’t answer his question while she’s answering the question and telling him, very politely, how stupid the question is.

He tells her to hide her head in a bag? He should resign in disgrace.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 3561 3562 [3563]