Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3540 3541 [3542] 3543 3544 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152194 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53115 on: July 17, 2024, 05:16:17 pm »

when it rains it pours.

last night i was on the treadmill at the gym and the trio behind
me were talking about how reagen invaded russia and forced the people of poland to rise up and overthrow communism.  This was a tangent to how trump is protected by jesus.

Im only slightly paraphrasing; the populism is real
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53116 on: July 17, 2024, 05:55:13 pm »

Why would Jesus protect an adulterer? Like… take a second to think.

In saying that I recall a discussion at my former work a few years ago in which three older women were chatting about Democrats wanting to tear babies from wombs, and then an older man and a guy much younger than me saying Democrats were literally communists.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53117 on: July 17, 2024, 06:00:07 pm »

And now Biden has COVID.

While this will certainly pass before the election, it's going to interrupt his campaigning at this critical stage, further diminishing his already dismal chances.
I mean... unless it turns pretty serious (and that's just... unlikely, given the healthcare access the POTUS has) it's sick for a week, quarantine for a few days to a week at this point; back on the trail by the end of the month barring complications, basically. Ill for a few days then lots of telework during the quarantine, it's not necessarily a huge interruption, nor is this stage critical -- dude's not even been officially nominated yet, dem convention isn't until next month.

Chances wise, just to show how kind of fucked either polling or our electorate is, he's apparently drawn back up to more or less neck or neck, in an environment polling's been consistently underselling democrats. Coin flip ain't exactly good, but dismal's probably overselling it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53118 on: July 17, 2024, 07:32:53 pm »

uh

that's kind of one of the most well-known scenes from the Bible

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53119 on: July 17, 2024, 07:41:22 pm »

uh

Which is one of the verses the Paul-worshipping Jesus-forsaking "Christians" who love Trump's hatred for the foreigner and the "unchaste" are famous for practicing, sure.

You aren't a serious person.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53120 on: July 17, 2024, 07:45:05 pm »

uh

He also tells her to turn away from sin.

Trump ain’t turning away from that particular sin.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53121 on: July 17, 2024, 08:25:54 pm »

He also tells her to turn away from sin.

Trump ain’t turning away from that particular sin.
Sure, but you picked about the worst way possible to phrase it. :P

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53122 on: July 17, 2024, 09:56:56 pm »

Eh, there's a significant difference between forgiving sinners and "protecting" them...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53123 on: July 17, 2024, 09:58:16 pm »

Eh, there's a significant difference between forgiving sinners and "protecting" them...
The story is specifically about protecting one from death, though! It definitely applies.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53124 on: July 17, 2024, 10:01:55 pm »

Was that one in Two Corinthians?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53125 on: July 18, 2024, 10:16:07 am »

I assume we're talking about John 81? I admit I hadn't ever considered that story to be primarily about Jesus protecting the woman, although that was a major element of the story.  I've always thought it was primarily about not being quick to accuse and punish others, when we ourselves have things that are equally despicable.  Jesus gave unconditional forgiveness for those things, rather than capital punishment.

I wish that most US "Evangelicals" would actually behave like Jesus. Instead they are more like the Pharisees - "let's make laws and punish people for their behavior!" Totally missing the point.

1No that is not by memory, I had to look it up.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53126 on: July 18, 2024, 11:52:50 am »

I mean, maybe this is a very slippery slope of a post that is not going to go over well. I made a similar post on reddit some years ago and oh boy the hate lol. I didn't even think reddit was that pro-religion either, maybe got unlucky at the time.

But since religion popped up in some minor regards

Why would "God" or whatever want to call the deity, protect trump. WHY WOULD HE CARE...honestly why would he care about any tiny little being. it be like a human looking at an atom and hoping all the tiny atoms worship it and give tiny microscopic money to it.

So here you got a assumedly huge ancient being and there he goes caring about a little tiny person who will be gone in a few short years in comparison to an ancient old being that assumedly can't die.

And not only that, if he was an almighty being, why would he need money donated (churches love to beg for money "for God") but if God is almighty and all powerful...he can ...you know...create his own money lol. Like how hard would it be as an almighty being that can do anything to just with not even a flick of a finger make a huge mountain of gold appear. And what would this powerful being EVEN NEED MONEY FOR? Does God pay taxes or something?

And even if he did care and did exist. Actually if you look around at earth, its pretty survival of the fittest. There is no kindness on earth except humans are the exception and even then there are pretty ruthless people out there (child predators, animal abusers and psychopathic serial killers, wife abusers etc). Either way, every animal and insect in the wild (and even some plants) are pretty wicked. If God did exist, he'd probably be survival of the fittest type honestly...but...uh...still dunno why he'd care about trump of all little tiny microscopic (in relation to how huge a deity would be. I mean earth itself is microsopic compared to the universe and there are earth-like planets that make earth look small) people or money.

Unless God is human sized (assuming he exists)...and uh...I guess that could be a thing lol. And yeah I know he is seen as a human and all in paintings and what not...but...not very almighty if can't make his own money and cares about money so much xD unless he is a capitalist deity who pays taxes?

Anyway, I doubt there is an almighty being out there that cares about microscopic sized dollar bills (or even if he was normal size why he'd even care about dollar bills) or even cares about being worshipped or saving a boneheaded human who is actually pretty dumb honestly. Would defeat the whole evolution thing of the strongest and smartest animals surviving.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 12:05:01 pm by The_Explorer »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53127 on: July 18, 2024, 12:03:23 pm »

I dont think trump has made much of a mention about god or religion.  This is all grassroots.  Id be curious to know how people feel about social media interference this time around, tbh

The focus of this race is blatantly not about what it should be: policy and agenda.  The less we focus on traditional metrics the easier it is for the whole thing to become reduced to a high school tier popularity contest.  And guess what, the populist will win in that situation.

I think its too early to be claiming trump has a decisive edge.  I thought that before the assassination attempt, but admittedly the shooting has given him a real edge.  Who cares if the guy donated to what cause:  by the time the details get sorted out its all going to benefit him anyway.  The 'damage' has been done.

If biden isnt stepping back the democrats need to solidify and stop trying to coddle him into giving in.  Either demand he drop out or support him.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53128 on: July 18, 2024, 12:09:56 pm »

I dont think trump has made much of a mention about god or religion.  This is all grassroots.  Id be curious to know how people feel about social media interference this time around, tbh

The focus of this race is blatantly not about what it should be: policy and agenda.  The less we focus on traditional metrics the easier it is for the whole thing to become reduced to a high school tier popularity contest.  And guess what, the populist will win in that situation.

I think its too early to be claiming trump has a decisive edge.  I thought that before the assassination attempt, but admittedly the shooting has given him a real edge.  Who cares if the guy donated to what cause:  by the time the details get sorted out its all going to benefit him anyway.  The 'damage' has been done.

If biden isnt stepping back the democrats need to solidify and stop trying to coddle him into giving in.  Either demand he drop out or support him.

Yeah trump isn't very religious, and I remember reading somewhere he didn't even accurately quote the bible or went to church or something like that. He comes off as pretty atheist to me.

But I do agree. I said it before, republicans are united behind ONE candidate. They aren't demanding him to step aside for someone else. And I'm partly at fault here, I've hoped biden steps aside...but after the shooting on trump, realized democrats are too disunited. Even if biden is replaced there is like a whole list of candidates that different people would rather have. So it wouldn't even really matter if biden is replaced cause no one is united against any replacement.

No ones united at all on the democratic side, and its very sad. And it doesn't look like its changed since the shooting either, though Biden has backed off a bit saying if he gets a big medical report that shows he can't be president if he gets certain medical reports about him. Something like that anyway. But if he steps down, no ones still really united toward any particular candidate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53129 on: July 18, 2024, 12:24:51 pm »

Yeah that’s what I’ve been thinking re:Biden: there is no middle ground in the battle. Either get behind him or force him out.

Pages: 1 ... 3540 3541 [3542] 3543 3544 ... 3563