Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3539 3540 [3541] 3542 3543 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152141 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53100 on: July 16, 2024, 03:32:27 am »

The current indication is this may just kind of pass with a wet fart instead of a bang, tbh. Trump's pretty immediately set to squandering any goodwill this could have generated, and the shooter is currently being widely reported as republican -- it's not a combination that suggests a major swell from the event. Some, probably, but not major or lasting.
Most of the momentum that could have been rode off the attempt seems to have just kinda' shriveled when it turned out the shooter was a young white guy registered GOP.

The biggest impact I'm perceiving is that Biden no longer feels free to attack Trump as aggressively after the assassination attempt. Biden's campaign have already withdrawn most of their ads.
And attacking Trump was really the one slim chance Biden had to turn public image back in his favor, which has been on a consistent downslide ever since the debate. Things looked grim before, but now there is simply no possible avenue for Biden to recover. And even if he stepped aside at this point, whoever replaced him would face the same issue.
tbh it might be a temporary thing. I wouldn't attack my opponent 2 days after an assassination attempt either. I'd wait a week or two then resume.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53101 on: July 16, 2024, 04:06:16 am »

Slovakia may be an example to go by; their president also had an assassination attempt on him recently. Pretty sure he was quick to blame his opponents.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53102 on: July 16, 2024, 01:36:39 pm »

I
tbh it might be a temporary thing. I wouldn't attack my opponent 2 days after an assassination attempt either. I'd wait a week or two then resume.

I wouldn't. As soon as we knew who the culprit was. I'd double down on how a member of his own party attacked him. How he divides the nation and even his own supporters.

There's no "be nice to the poor guy" coming from them when something happens to any democrat. MAGAts don't respect the rules, laws or the idea of civility, decency, or comradery as a nation. This should be used to hammer that point home. The snakes cant even trust each other, and any undecided voters should think long and hard about that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53103 on: July 16, 2024, 01:45:58 pm »

The snakes cant even trust each other, and any undecided voters should think long and hard about that.

Aside from this assassination attempt, Republicans are actually doing a lot better than Democrats right now when it comes to rallying behind the asshats that nobody actually wants but we're stuck with them anyway.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53104 on: July 16, 2024, 02:02:06 pm »

I wouldn't. As soon as we knew who the culprit was. I'd double down on how a member of his own party attacked him. How he divides the nation and even his own supporters.
I wouldn't be so sure that's what happened. The shooter's politics aren't known yet and he also donated to ACTBLUE. Pennsylvania has closed primaries and there was a big push a few years ago for Democratic supporters to vote in Republican primaries. The reason that angle isn't being heavily pushed is that there's a good chance it'll turn out to be wrong and backfire completely.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53105 on: July 16, 2024, 04:36:28 pm »

It has been proven that the Actblue donation was an unrelated older man with the same name. Every bit of information we have is that he was right-wing from a right-wing family.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53106 on: July 16, 2024, 04:40:48 pm »

It has been proven that the Actblue donation was an unrelated older man with the same name. Every bit of information we have is that he was right-wing from a right-wing family.
This is one of those pieces of misinformation that's going to get repeated over and over and over for the next several months to several years. People are already passing off outright lies (e.g. "the Secret Service snipers were ordered not to shoot him", "the cop who fell off the roof deliberately didn't shoot him and backed off instead").

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53107 on: July 16, 2024, 05:03:36 pm »

This is one of those pieces of misinformation that's going to get repeated over and over and over for the next several months to several years. People are already passing off outright lies (e.g. "the Secret Service snipers were ordered not to shoot him", "the cop who fell off the roof deliberately didn't shoot him and backed off instead").
Also that it was staged and a set-up to make Trump look good. Conspiracies aren’t limited to the right.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53108 on: July 16, 2024, 05:15:26 pm »

THAT is actually proven misinformation... https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-shooter-donation/

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53110 on: July 16, 2024, 05:35:28 pm »

The donation thing's one of the ones where, I kinda' implore folks, don't bloody believe what the media is saying. Not snopes, not fox, not MSNBC, not goddamn anyone drawing a paycheck from spewing shit to the public.

The information relevant to the claim is fucking public record. You can check.

... for what it's worth, the sole FEC recorded donation by a thomas crooks in penn. in 2021 (FEC records, check their website), is to an address owned by people matching the reported name of the shooter's parents (pittsburgh tax records, plug in the address on the donation, this is your reminder public records can be incredibly goddamn invasive). The donation was very, very likely to have actually came out of the person in question.

It's also more or less entirely irrelevant. It was a single fifteen buck donation by a 17 year old, and word from actblue itself is that the donator shortly unsubscribed from their outreach. It means about as much as the literal high school gossip folks have been using to try to divine motivation, i.e. approximately sod all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 05:39:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53111 on: July 16, 2024, 05:50:40 pm »

The donation thing's one of the ones where, I kinda' implore folks, don't bloody believe what the media is saying. Not snopes, not fox, not MSNBC, not goddamn anyone drawing a paycheck from spewing shit to the public.

The information relevant to the claim is fucking public record. You can check.
(I did check, yes. I just linked to snopes because I figured it would be more convincing than me saying so.)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #53112 on: July 16, 2024, 07:20:19 pm »

I

There's no "be nice to the poor guy" coming from them when something happens to any democrat. MAGAts don't respect the rules, laws or the idea of civility, decency, or comradery as a nation. This should be used to hammer that point home. The snakes cant even trust each other, and any undecided voters should think long and hard about that.
Fair point, but Dems are kinda spineless. In-character for them to wait.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #53113 on: July 17, 2024, 04:41:31 pm »

If Trump can make it to January a free man and somehow seize power next January, I just know there are going to be Liberals shifting the goalposts in this thread. "Oh, well he only killed first responders and a couple of bystanders, it was practically a bloodless revolution!"

If Trump seizes power i'm going full Leftist and I'll stand on that. If he does and you don't feel the need to get active politically (or you wish to in support of Trump and his ideology) - and I mean active, not just showing up to vote every two years - you should acknowledge that the current political climate suits you and the reason you don't want to organize is because you feel perfectly well represented by the 2025 Administration, and you should stand on that.

If you're a comrade fly your colors true, we're all going to want to get to know each other no matter what happens this election, with the way things are going ideologically in this country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53114 on: July 17, 2024, 05:06:16 pm »

And now Biden has COVID.

While this will certainly pass before the election, it's going to interrupt his campaigning at this critical stage, further diminishing his already dismal chances.
Pages: 1 ... 3539 3540 [3541] 3542 3543 ... 3563