Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3537 3538 [3539] 3540 3541 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152292 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53070 on: July 14, 2024, 09:32:33 pm »

Anybody want to tell me about Demolition Ranch?
Fairly standard gun-related youtube channel. His stuff trends a bit more towards "let's shoot and blow things up" with less of the safety-and-education you'd get from people like hickok45 or Paul Harrell. IIRC he almost got taken out by a rifle that blew up on him, which is about the peak of notoriety. Not a political channel, but it's not really surprising that a (probably) alt-right schizo would like content about guns.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53071 on: July 14, 2024, 09:48:16 pm »

Anybody want to tell me about Demolition Ranch?
IIRC he almost got taken out by a rifle that blew up on him, which is about the peak of notoriety.

That was Scott from Kentucky Ballistics. He was shooting what he thought were experimental military rounds (from a cancelled program) but had apparently been reloaded badly.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53072 on: July 14, 2024, 10:25:29 pm »

If I recall that one was due to a custom .50 BMG rifle failing or something like that?

As for DemolitionRanch, used to subscribe back in the day but his videos steadily got more shitpost-y for my taste.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53073 on: July 15, 2024, 12:34:51 am »

If I recall that one was due to a custom .50 BMG rifle failing or something like that?

Not a custom. It was a Serbu RN-50, a single-shot rifle intended to be cheap. The massively overcharged rounds blasted the breech cap (the RN-50 holds the round in with a heavy-duty twist-on cap) hard enough that it sheared off the threads completely, snapped off the two safety lugs (one of which sliced through his jugular) and smashed into his face. He literally had to hold his neck together by hand while being rushed to meet an ambulance.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53074 on: July 15, 2024, 01:10:29 am »

Sorry, I’m not intended to offend, my words make me sound like an idiot or troll. I’d apologize for my silly words .

Do not worry. We do not blame you. I don't know much about internal Chinese politics either.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53075 on: July 15, 2024, 03:00:15 am »

I s’pose one good thing to come out of an assassination attempt is it’s shut the Dems up about replacing Biden.

For the time being, anyway…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53076 on: July 15, 2024, 05:38:19 am »

A bad thing is that for any voters tuning in to find out what is new in the political race, it will make more noise than project 2025.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53077 on: July 15, 2024, 07:20:14 am »

I s’pose one good thing to come out of an assassination attempt is it’s shut the Dems up about replacing Biden.

For the time being, anyway…
The interesting "What If...?" is, had it succeeded[1] (...presuming it didn't, how it turned out :o ), is who would then be selected in his place. The last one to drop out against him in the Primaries? The person (whose name is) currently sealed in some hypothetical emergency "Current probable pick for VP" envelope? One or other of his sons[2] or his latest wife? There's no obvious answer, and doubtless plenty of opinions who it should be (and shouldn't be) who would suddenly have to reignite all the old questions they had before resigning themselves to just going along with the current presumptive candidate.

(Dems are in a similar position, at this stage. Though you could perhaps possibly imagine Jill getting the call, had it happened but to the other fella. Cue "House Of Cards" (UK original, without the "longest term of office served" element to it) plot-twist on the conspiracy front. Never mind the possibility that this was going to happen so what actually happened was a clever counter-plot to spoil the other plot by lampshading it and spoiling the 'spontineity' of it, making it look like the thing it was copycatting would itself be the ill-thought-out copycat[3].)

[1] Or enough to make it a factor... Because voting for a currently comatose president is one thing, but putting them forward for the vote is another.

[2] I know not all of them are old enough, but haven't yet double-checked if any are...

[3] Hey, Hollwood! Call me. I got loads of these 'spaghetti political-thriller' ideas. I can give you a convoluted plotline that's going to keep audiences guessing until well after the end-credits, if you want it! All the way through a trilogy, even. I could work with Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, Tom Cruise (again), Harrison Ford, Gerard Butler, Harrison Ford (again), Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, Michael Sheen... I can be fairly flexible. For a price.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 07:22:04 am by Starver »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53078 on: July 15, 2024, 07:20:35 am »

Looking at aerial pics from the site, I cannot comprehend how utterly incompetent the Secret Service must have been.
It's like, one of the only vantage point buildings in the area within novice recruit skill shooting distance, and then they say it's not their responsibility but the local police's? Geesh. What good is a Secret Service then?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53079 on: July 15, 2024, 08:05:29 am »

Saw a meme earlier today calling for Jimmy Carter 2024

After all he only did the one term, so he's still eligible for a second run! And since we seem to be favoring the elderly decrepit experienced candidates, you can't do much better than nearly-centenarian Carter!

Also, regarding the replacement of Biden... I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of his response to being asked about that in the ABC interview. (Paraphrasing) Biden: "The most important part to me is beating Donald Trump, and I'm the best candidate to do that." Stephanopoulos: "If you could be convinced that you could not defeat Donald Trump, would you stand down?" B: [Chuckling] "If the Lord Almighty comes down and tells me that, I might do that."

Considering he'd just denied that he was behind in the polls earlier in that interview, I wasn't really hearing a lot of arguments that convinced me his motivations are "I want what's best for the country" over "I want to stay in power."

Do I think rushing to boot him out and replace him would fracture the party into deadly inefficacy in the face of a second Trump term? Yeah, probably, so I'm not gonna be howling for it. But I'm gonna grumble the whole time I'm rooting for him.

We'd need an outright Joan of Arc candidate to pull a unified upheaval, and I don't really see the party managing to put that together.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53080 on: July 15, 2024, 10:51:36 am »

Looking at aerial pics from the site, I cannot comprehend how utterly incompetent the Secret Service must have been.
It's like, one of the only vantage point buildings in the area within novice recruit skill shooting distance, and then they say it's not their responsibility but the local police's? Geesh. What good is a Secret Service then?

Ex-presidents don't get the same protection that current Presidents (and other protected active political figures) do. They get a very small detail and rely on other law enforcement agencies if they ever feel like they need more. This is rarely a problem because ex-Presidents virtually never become targeted in the first place.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53081 on: July 15, 2024, 11:29:49 am »

It's on an adjacent property, so they might not have gotten permission from the owner to be there, and I imagine they probably couldn't just demand to use it for "just a candidate" (a private citizen) doing a campaign rally. That would seem to me like a good reason not to use the venue at all but who knows what went down.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53082 on: July 15, 2024, 11:42:32 am »

As far as Biden being replaced go because it would disunify the party...

Its ALREADY disunified. He'd get more unity if he put a much harsher stance on israel targeting civilians, really thats a big problem and imo bigger problem than his age...like we all knew he was old lol.

Like I said in a previous post, sadly republicans have vastly more unity in their candidate than democrats are in biden

and like I said, even if he got replaced, its probably 50/50 at best if anything changed at all

At this point kinda looks like we are screwed, especially if voter turnout is low. (which I should add, it probably will be if a lot of people aren't excited about the candidates)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 11:45:20 am by The_Explorer »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53083 on: July 15, 2024, 01:06:41 pm »

Trump's Classified Documents case has been thrown out, due to Special Council Jack Smith's appointment being deemed unconstitutional.

Not that this actually changes anything, as President Trump would have had the case thrown out anyway.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53084 on: July 15, 2024, 02:19:58 pm »

It's on an adjacent property, so they might not have gotten permission from the owner to be there, and I imagine they probably couldn't just demand to use it for "just a candidate" (a private citizen) doing a campaign rally. That would seem to me like a good reason not to use the venue at all but who knows what went down.
Thanks, I was idly wondering about the silliest possible take on this.
Sure
The *Secret Service* couldn't secure an area 300ft from the ex-president (or as you choose to say, candidate) because MAYBE they got refused, but they just went ahead anyway
You really just say shit, huh?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 3537 3538 [3539] 3540 3541 ... 3563