Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 [3534] 3535 3536 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4153178 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #52995 on: July 13, 2024, 05:52:57 pm »

This is such an interesting development. Hopefully the investigators and media will tell us more details soon.
Max avatar size is 80x80

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #52996 on: July 13, 2024, 05:57:04 pm »

You’re basing this on..?

I mean...just common sense?
What is your theory? You think a right-leaning pacifist decided to shoot Trump because they didn't like his haircut?

Assuming that it was even an assassination attempt is a massive leap, brah.

Frumple has said the most likely thing so far: folk in the crowd got upset and shot at each other. Republicans like their guns, and people with guns do stupid things with them when they get upset.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52997 on: July 13, 2024, 05:58:07 pm »

This is such an interesting development. Hopefully the investigators and media will tell us more details soon.
Ha. The media's going to tell us more details alright. They're not going to be accurate, coherent, or consistent, but there's going to be a lot of them :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52998 on: July 13, 2024, 05:59:41 pm »

Ha. The media's going to tell us more details alright. They're not going to be accurate, coherent, or consistent, but there's going to be a lot of them :-\
Speculation loves a vacuum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #52999 on: July 13, 2024, 06:07:08 pm »

Here's what I think is the most plausible to the least plausible:

-Someone had a noise maker, Trump overreacted, ducked for cover, banged himself up and tried to turn that into a PR win instead of a PR gaffe.
-Trump staged a False Flag attack against himself.
-Some nut job actually did try to attack Trump with an improvised weapon of some kind, and it was never likely to succeed in the first place. TBH, this scenario is the most unsettling one to me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53000 on: July 13, 2024, 06:07:22 pm »

Assuming that it was even an assassination attempt is a massive leap, brah.
Frumple has said the most likely thing so far: folk in the crowd got upset and shot at each other. Republicans like their guns, and people with guns do stupid things with them when they get upset.

The crowd had to go through metal-detectors. Also, the odds of a stray shot hitting Trump in the head are pretty remote. Much more likely that this was deliberate.

The Secret Service have now provided feedback that Trump is safe. Looks like it just grazed his ear.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53001 on: July 13, 2024, 06:11:39 pm »

I don't see anything about a suspect being apprehended? How the hell could any shooter escape from that crowd? I'm half suspecting the razor blade self-mutilation theory too. The secret service sure didn't drag him away like they're supposed to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #53002 on: July 13, 2024, 06:23:57 pm »

Audio from Secret Service has them saying 'Shooter Down', just before they started moving Trump off the stage. It seems like they got him almost immediately.

Trump was already well ahead in the polls; surviving an assassination attempt is just going to bolster him even more. Assuming he lives that long, Trump is now certain to be the next US President.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 06:41:46 pm by Folly »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53003 on: July 13, 2024, 06:27:21 pm »

Limited news (alongside actual playback of the post-incident shoving off and into the car by the SS) suggests that a suspect has been neutralised. But being unsure if that means arrested or dead. (And suspect != actual responsible. In either case, given the nature of confusion and possibly the mob.)

...waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say that any of these things are correct, or even cannot be correct. I'll have to pay attention to what's known in the morning.

(Aaannd... ninjaed again.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53004 on: July 13, 2024, 06:31:27 pm »

Id like not to have a civil war.  The people who dont take sides always end up worst.  like me
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53005 on: July 13, 2024, 06:34:11 pm »

All I can add to this for now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53007 on: July 13, 2024, 06:47:26 pm »

BBC have unconfirmed reports of an attendee pointing out a guy climbing onto a roof with a rifle.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53008 on: July 13, 2024, 06:50:26 pm »

If a disturbing time couldn't get more disturbing...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53009 on: July 13, 2024, 06:57:12 pm »

I must laugh at this now to hide the pain of knowing how fucked the right-wing nutjob reprisals are gonna be as they use this as an excuse to attack whoever they feel like.

also why are img tags so goddamn huge in this forum ffs
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 [3534] 3535 3536 ... 3563