Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3319 3320 [3321] 3322 3323 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4233248 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #49800 on: October 28, 2022, 09:58:47 pm »

‘Tain’t just the Republicans doing this. The entire political landscape is fucked.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49801 on: October 28, 2022, 10:13:45 pm »

No, it basically is GOP and their political allies. The incidence rate of right wing to not-right wing terrorism/political violence in the US is... not equitable. Even a little, if you want to see some of the numbers involved -- far as I'm aware they're similarly slanted in regards to shit that doesn't actually have a body count.

The political landscape is fucked, but make no mistake that fuckery is coming primarily from a specific direction and not to a small degree.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49802 on: October 28, 2022, 10:42:09 pm »

No, it basically is GOP and their political allies. The incidence rate of right wing to not-right wing terrorism/political violence in the US is... not equitable. Even a little, if you want to see some of the numbers involved -- far as I'm aware they're similarly slanted in regards to shit that doesn't actually have a body count.

The political landscape is fucked, but make no mistake that fuckery is coming primarily from a specific direction and not to a small degree.

Yeah, this. It really is not a "both sides" situation at this point.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49803 on: October 28, 2022, 11:01:20 pm »

That article is very specific to antifa, which isn’t what I was talking about.

Attacks and threats on politicians happen on both sides of the aisle. I will agree - and admit my bias against conservatives - that the violence from the Right tends to be of the more abhorrent variety (not just threats) and is probably in no small part down to the bullshit rhetoric from the Republicans (THEY STOLE THE ELECTION WE NEED TO TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY THEY’RE LETTING IMMIGRANTS COME IN TO STEAL OUR WOMEN AND RAPE OUR JOBS et al) and the lack of education in general and specifically about the electoral system and process in America.

As to the article… yeah. Right wing nutters are more dangerous than left wing nutters. Also, the statistic is wrong… one person was killed by antifa, versus the 300+ by right wing fuckheads. Got some catching up to do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49804 on: October 29, 2022, 12:29:57 am »

Yeah the Left does do some fedposting.  Oh- that's the thing where a frustrated lefty says something violent.  It's called fedposting because that's what the FBI infiltrated leftist groups and did, a lot, especially in the black civil rights movement.  It's considered foolish because it's playing into the FBI's continuing operation to fabricate excuses to arrest leftists.

Anyway the Right keeps manufacturing actual spree-killers and assassins and I think that's also a problem.  which is worse, who can say
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49805 on: October 29, 2022, 03:43:28 am »

That and fedposting is a whole bunch of opportunistic entrapment; it goes beyond right or left wing, ppl even suspect a lot of these tiktok challenges that encourage filming yourself conducting crimes are fed entrapment schemes

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49806 on: October 29, 2022, 07:19:56 am »

tiktok challenges that encourage filming yourself conducting crimes

what
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #49807 on: October 29, 2022, 08:53:03 am »

what
There’s the Kia challenge off the top of my head.
It was recently in the news because some kids got dead because of it
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49808 on: October 29, 2022, 09:01:34 am »

what
There’s the Kia challenge off the top of my head.
It was recently in the news because some kids got dead because of it
There have been tiktok challenges based around narrowly avoiding death in various ways (the one that comes to mind was a somewhat recent challenge about stepping in front of moving trucks to make them stop), so yeah this doesn't surprise me at all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49809 on: October 29, 2022, 01:24:16 pm »

Wait, what?  People are intentionally jumping in front of cars basically for what amounts to a dare?

Is it bad that I have no sympathy for these people? I can't imagine how I'd feel as a driver if some random person intentionally tried to get me to hit them, let alone succeeded...  :o :'(
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49810 on: October 29, 2022, 01:30:28 pm »

Fuck didn't South Park do an episode on this shit literal years ago.

This really is the fucky timeline we're living in, isn't it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49811 on: October 29, 2022, 03:50:12 pm »

Wait, what?  People are intentionally jumping in front of cars basically for what amounts to a dare?

Is it bad that I have no sympathy for these people? I can't imagine how I'd feel as a driver if some random person intentionally tried to get me to hit them, let alone succeeded...  :o :'(
I mean, basically exactly that is what killed peer pressure  for me (because it nearly killed me first) when I was a kid, early teens or late pre-teens. Went on a school trip with a bunch of highschoolers and they convinced me to run across an active street, came within (tiny kid) arm's reach of an oncoming van. If I had been just a little slower or the van a little faster, they would have turned a 10-ish year old into roadkill. If it's youngins doing it, I have very personal sympathy for them, heh.

... if they're much older than that, though, yeah, they're being suicidally stupid and probably should know better. Still, peer pressure is a damn strong thing at times.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #49812 on: October 29, 2022, 05:13:13 pm »

The dark side of the algorithm is a pathway to many actions some consider to be unnatural
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49813 on: October 29, 2022, 05:43:34 pm »

I mean, basically exactly that is what killed peer pressure  for me (because it nearly killed me first) when I was a kid, early teens or late pre-teens. Went on a school trip with a bunch of highschoolers and they convinced me to run across an active street, came within (tiny kid) arm's reach of an oncoming van. If I had been just a little slower or the van a little faster, they would have turned a 10-ish year old into roadkill. If it's youngins doing it, I have very personal sympathy for them, heh.

... if they're much older than that, though, yeah, they're being suicidally stupid and probably should know better. Still, peer pressure is a damn strong thing at times.

When I was in middle school, some of the other kids got in trouble for standing by the road connecting us to the high school (literally one stadium away - the two schools were separated by a football field) and jumping on the hoods of cars. That road had a 20mph speed limit, but that wouldn't have prevented severe injuy if a kid missed their jump and got run over.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49814 on: October 30, 2022, 05:58:40 am »

what
Ppl seriously live streaming break-in attempts to ATMs or joyriding stolen cars or showing off their illegal gun arsenal
Pages: 1 ... 3319 3320 [3321] 3322 3323 ... 3567