Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3209 3210 [3211] 3212 3213 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245200 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #48150 on: April 17, 2022, 12:44:18 am »

Local? Didn't the RNC as a whole drop out of the debates? Voted unanimously to shut it all down because bi-partisan debates are just too biased for them?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #48151 on: April 17, 2022, 01:07:55 am »

Local? Didn't the RNC as a whole drop out of the debates? Voted unanimously to shut it all down because bi-partisan debates are just too biased for them?

US parties don't work like that. The national party provides fundraising, support, and endorsement for the 50 state level parties (plus the DC parties and those in the territories), but they are not in command. The RNC cannot command anybody to go or not go to a debate.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48152 on: April 17, 2022, 01:12:23 am »

I think they threatened to block them from their own sanctioned debates if they went to unsanctioned debates without permission. They can't force them, but they can threaten to cut support.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48153 on: April 17, 2022, 09:40:23 am »

We knew it was bad when they let that AIDs profiteer Fauchi not only keep his license, but also take charge of the CDC, and when the CDC refused to believe that diseases could be transmitted through the air. Nobody can be this incompetent accidentally, so it makes sense that they're intentionally killing people off. "Weirdly", the change started happening when the numbers showed the disease mostly killed off old, poor, disabled, and non-white people.

https://apas-95.tumblr.com/post/677267300796268544/amazing-to-see-a-doctor-just-brazenly-lying-for

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #48154 on: April 17, 2022, 09:43:27 am »

Oh, this nonsense again?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48155 on: April 17, 2022, 09:47:16 am »

Jesus, Iduno. What bubble are you living in now?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48156 on: April 17, 2022, 07:52:05 pm »

If I haven't seen them in these forums so many times before, I would have assumed that was some sort of bot.

I'm getting a security warning from that link too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48157 on: April 17, 2022, 08:37:03 pm »

This isn't the first time I've seen Iduno express similar sentiments, so my assumption is that he's been drinking one brand of kool-aide or another.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48158 on: April 17, 2022, 09:52:16 pm »

@Iduno
Was Fauci involved in AIDS profiteering? More than others? Most doctors also accumulate market equity in medical supplies and treatments because they invest like any other speculators, in what they know.

- I would understand it if he was borderline involved in aids profiteering due to market speculation.
- I would also understand if his name was put on an "aids profiteer" list, simply because he worked in some of those companies.
- And I would also understand if some conservative black-PR group found this older info during the Trump/Fauci conflict and began to use it for black-PR, saying "those liberal gay rights people called him an aids profiteer, you know it must be true" (the typical either-way-is-a-win-for-us fulcrum of "if the other side said this was true, then either it is true now or the other side was lying then").

I currently suspect there has been Covid profiteering and test fudging with covid treatments, but I expect less of it since Covid is easier to transmit, so more people care and they verify and judge more often. I certainly would not judge Fauci's CDC Covid response on a foundation of "look at this prior criticism of Fauci".
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48159 on: April 17, 2022, 10:17:50 pm »

the 80 year olds you vote in have skeletons in the closet?

say it ain't so
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48160 on: April 17, 2022, 10:23:00 pm »

They rolled out more or less the same comment about two months ago, according to the thread search. It's more or less spurious, as near as anyone seemed to be able to tell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48161 on: April 18, 2022, 05:13:30 pm »

Alex Jones, under pressure of orders to pay defamation damages for Sandy Hook, has driven his various corporate entities into filing for bankruptcy.

Infowars may be liable to $1...10million, but estimates its available assets as only $0...50k.

What a pity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48162 on: April 18, 2022, 05:17:00 pm »

I'm... afraid I don't understand the legal shenanigans afoot.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #48163 on: April 18, 2022, 05:35:44 pm »

He's burying all his assets "out of his control" and then filing bankruptcy in order to dodge his lawsuit damages because he technically doesn't have the money personally.

Which is extremely illegal to do after a lawsuit's been filed, and the plantiff's lawyers are already calling him on it in court.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48164 on: April 18, 2022, 06:58:42 pm »

I think if you look at the various things Alex Jones has profited from in the last, oh, 10 years, I think you'll notice a distinct lack of appreciation for legal niceties.

So I'm glad he's continued that trend. Sounds like he's given them reasons to look even deeper into his books now.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 3209 3210 [3211] 3212 3213 ... 3569