Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3208 3209 [3210] 3211 3212 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245254 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #48135 on: April 10, 2022, 06:37:23 pm »

I think you’ve found the point of that particular law.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48136 on: April 11, 2022, 06:14:31 am »

Don't Say Gay bills advanced in more states.

Also, a gay bar in New York got arsoned. Go Fund Me here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48137 on: April 11, 2022, 06:37:26 am »

Don't Say Gay bills advanced in more states.

Also, a gay bar in New York got arsoned. Go Fund Me here.
Putin and the Russian orthodox church are really proud of the USA
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48138 on: April 11, 2022, 06:45:13 am »

Yep. I can't believe I used to think "if I get kicked out of academia I'll just go back to teaching high school." What a ridiculous notion.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48139 on: April 11, 2022, 07:31:53 am »

I mean, it'd probably be okay-ish if you stay out of the red states, at least as okay as K-12 gets in this country (anecdotally, my K-12 teacher mother threatened me with death if I tried to get on the K-12 teacher track when I was in college, and was only somewhat joking)? As a fallback position, there's worse options.

You'd largely want to do that anyway, as pay and general support is usually (significantly) better in the blue states regardless...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48140 on: April 11, 2022, 08:14:23 am »

weird how repubs are hesitant to teach kids that it's bad when someone wants to diddle their privates.

Imagine getting sued over this
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48141 on: April 11, 2022, 12:52:58 pm »

I cant watch the youtube link where i am, would you mind describing?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48142 on: April 11, 2022, 12:57:11 pm »

Sanic telling kids to say no and find an adult when someone touching them makes them uncomfortable.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48143 on: April 11, 2022, 03:30:35 pm »

Probably because they were on Epstein's list

Like Andrew joking about how much of a "rascal" he was when the interviewer just says "yeah he was a convicted child sex trafficker." They believe they're morally righteous somehow

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48144 on: April 11, 2022, 04:37:25 pm »

Given the insane, unrelenting amount of projection by the GOP, it's probably because they want to diddle kids. They keep blocking bills that would ban child marriage, that would set an age limit for marriage, and recently, Tennessee had a bill introduced that would remove the age limit for marriage.

And here is a list I came across recently of predatory actions by republicans.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018/10/23/1806673/-Republican-Sexual-Predators-Abusers-and-Enablers-Pt-1

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48145 on: April 11, 2022, 05:22:20 pm »

Imagine my shock

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48146 on: April 11, 2022, 08:34:24 pm »

There are people who collect guns because they work as gunsmiths, because they treat them as collectables, because they seek bragging rights, and then there are guys like this Jan 6th guy who was found guilty on 6 charges. The last line of the article is "Robertson has been awaiting his trial in jail since July, after investigators said they found a rifle and bomb-making material in his home and learned that he bought another 37 guns on the internet after his original arrest in January 2021." Also the Dept of Justice article showing potential sentences, and saying "Robertson will be sentenced at a date to be set later by the Court."
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48147 on: April 12, 2022, 09:01:04 am »

In a shooting at a Brooklyn metro station, 13 people were injured, of whom at least one is in critical condition.
Explosives were also found.

The perpetrator, a man wearing an orange construction yard vest and a gas mask, has escaped and is still at large.

The man set off a smoke bomb and started shooting at people.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48148 on: April 13, 2022, 03:26:30 pm »

In before video games are to blame again. That Switch Dance, Forverwatch, Minefire or the one with the dog name...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48149 on: April 16, 2022, 05:21:27 pm »

Priscilla Giddings, far-right republican candidate for Lt. Governor in Idaho, refused to attend  the Lt. Gubernatorial debate on the 18th, because she demanded to know the identities of the reporters who were selected to ask questions, which was denied on the grounds that no candidate is allowed to know this information. She thinks the debate will be "unfairly biased" as a result. As a result the other candidate, Scott Bedke, another far-right nutcase, has no one to debate against and the debate has been cancelled. However there are two other republican candidates (one disqualified) reportedly running and one Democrat according to ballotpedia, but apparently none of them were coming to the debate either?

Local politics is a shit show here
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 3208 3209 [3210] 3211 3212 ... 3569