Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3206 3207 [3208] 3209 3210 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245338 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #48105 on: April 06, 2022, 10:51:33 am »

Also because it's muscles that keep your mouth shut. It's when they are affected that the mouth can spill the beans
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48106 on: April 06, 2022, 10:55:07 am »

The solonacea part is the dangerous no fun one, can't gulp without concern for cardiac arrest, but I feel halfway inclined to take bets on this, make a nasty tea 7 parts poppy and 1 part datura, stream it, me vs chat try make me dox myself  ;D. Don't get me wrong it's an awful idea and nobody should try it or incite anybody else, but it does sound entertaining for everyone lol. My first comment was memefied for a reason but frankly I feel like I've done worse in my life, remember if I just sleep I win too, as long as I wake up  :P (then again...  :P :P)

And that's the thing sadism prodigy who is able to leave no forensics behind yet untrained in withstanding interreogation seems like a slightly fascistoid thought construct: both infinitly weak and strong.

That'sa fair point scriver: as far as I remember scopolamine is on the crampy side as far as risks go.
let

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48107 on: April 06, 2022, 11:50:31 am »

We're talking about a psychopath here who had (before his capture) and still has every intention of letting the children die.
Obviously would depend upon the exact case (not as if I'm keen to establish a cohort of several such individuals with variable amounts and directions of psychopathy[1]) but for anyone actually so intractible, there's always the chance that they would 'get their rocks off' from failing to provide this information even under such duress.

Maybe they know they're susceptible to a weak heart or a tendency to aneurisms or some other thing that they are (at this stage) trying to provoke, with the idea that until their last breath they have exacted their revengism upon the authorities (proxied by the fate of the innocents) by putting upon them the weight of the moral failure to rescue them (not caring themself) and never ever intending to step back from this already rather extreme brink. Perhaps even making it worse, intending to 'break' at perhaps the very last minute by revealing false information to raise then catastrophically dash all hopes.

Who is to say that the victims are even rescuable. Such a manipulative sociopath could havs set up a scenario where there is guaranteed failure to rescue them. (c.f. the setup of Demolition Man... The villain, it turns out, had already killed the hostages, but in a way that made it look like the Chaotic Lawful hero was branded as their killer - in a rather dark revelation for the rather cartoony 'action plot' that was the general air of the film)

I'm not saying "don't even try", but it seems like all but this one possible method has already been ruled out. In this hypothetical scenario, isn't it now even hypothetically probable that this means that there is no winning strategy, for the good-guys? I don't think we'd even get that far (i.e. already promising riches, etc) without a cold decision that there's no point trying to seriously entice the answer from the suspect (though also not stop turning over every warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, in the area and beyond, just in case).

(PS, @Max: I had very much the same idea regarding Osama Bin Laden, post-9/11 (or possibly the as-then-unnamed person that it turned out was OBL, I can't recall how quickly the name officially came out). Despite having no skin in the game (never knew anyone who died on the day, that I knew) I was incensed enough to actually have a means of torture in mind to... I'm not sure what to do. Just a 'death of a thousand cuts'-type thing, except it wasn't with cuts. I think I mellowed a bit on this. These days I think I'd wish to use more of an extreme personal embarassment, if it were in my power to do it. I think possibly there'd be public nudity involved (not mine![2]), but first we'd have to check if that wasn't a secret fetish we should avoid pandering to. Certainly something of a hair-shirt, possibly something of the Henry II (of England) approach, after the Thomas ŕ Beckett incident. ...though it'll never get there, so this is also an extreme hypothetical.)

((Also @Max, though you may feel you're insulated a bit from repercussions, this being far away from (what's left of the still accessible bits of 'Western-biased') Social Media platforms of note. But I'm not sure I'd be even as explicit as you're hedging. Obviously keep in Tarn's good-books, but also don't risk being written down (any more than necessary/unavoidable) in the FSB's own "naughty lists", on the off-chance that traffic-profiling can zero in on you more than you think, ok?))

[1] And get 'an average' between their responses across a range of responses, but risking a corresponding number of groups of victims along the way.

[2] I still have some respect for the Geneva Convention... ;)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48108 on: April 06, 2022, 12:10:05 pm »

Can we get back to the thread’s topic instead of torture, please?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48109 on: April 06, 2022, 12:14:50 pm »

I'm trying my worst to derail it. So anyway these insurance-saleswasp pedophiles am I right?!  :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 12:16:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48110 on: April 06, 2022, 12:29:41 pm »

IMO making someone like Putin give up all his wealth and power and work some low-paying retail job and live in a shitty rundown khrushchyoba for the rest of his life would be a better punishment than torturing him to death or whatever.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48111 on: April 06, 2022, 12:56:29 pm »

(Sounds something like my Hairshirt approach. Not sure how we set it up that he is safe but not coccooned in personal protection, and it'd be a failure if either he gets killed by an opportunistic drive-by or else that suspected potential shoplifters get gunned down by his specially-assigned "after-power Protection Team".)

Anyway, to get back to a recent past AmeriPol subject, if people prefer, it looks like Boris Johnson has also said that Trans-Females should not compete in sport, with the case of Emily Bridges in the UK. I've already said all I really want to say on that, I think, with not much fundementally different between this and the deSantis case. But again it's a politician who shouldn't be butting in upon a business that the various sporting bodies (in this case, disagreements between one of the British cycling bodies and the UCI) should be responsible for working out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48112 on: April 06, 2022, 01:07:30 pm »

I know it's not my call but I'd rather not bring that topic back so soon, especially since trans athletics is a relatively niche issue which is primarily used to turn moderates against trans women. Besides I think we covered it fine and also England isn't the 51st state yet :P

I'm on mobile but NPR's reporting that the OK governor might sign Texas style anti abortion legislation, making life even more difficult for US citizens in that area. When can we expect Federal intervention?

Not looking to argue abortion but neither are these states, they're just defying the law and feeding the question to Trump's court to destroy Roe v Wade.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 01:15:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48113 on: April 06, 2022, 02:24:17 pm »

Regarding athletics: Sports should not discriminate by gender.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48114 on: April 06, 2022, 03:05:36 pm »

Weird how female sports draw so little attention or viewership until a transperson wants to play.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48115 on: April 06, 2022, 03:52:14 pm »

(I did just intend to shift things away from one subject that I perhaps shouldn't have contributed to. That I may have restarted another hot-topic was never my intent, hence the "I've said what I wanted to", but still it seems I resparked a small bushfire. Anybody have anything else worthy of Ameripol, but not already (with a moments notice!) recognisably incendiary? I'm sure there's something...)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48116 on: April 06, 2022, 04:09:40 pm »

Nah, American Politics is highly flammable.  :P

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48117 on: April 06, 2022, 04:16:52 pm »

The government just can't seem to keep itself from torturing people all the time I think it fits in very well with an ameripol discussion. This story came out recently: CIA black site detainee served as training prop to teach interrogators torture techniques. Newly declassified documents reveal Ammar al-Baluchi was repeatedly slammed against a wall while naked until all trainees received ‘certification.’

Imagine all the things the so-called "intelligence community" gets up to that we don't even know about.

As for the whole right wing culture war nonsense about trans people in sports that has just popped up:

Weird how female sports draw so little attention or viewership until a transperson wants to play.

I don't think there's anything else to say about it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 06:50:09 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48118 on: April 06, 2022, 05:22:41 pm »

Sure there is!
News Report for March:
Once again, everyone gathers to Celebrate March Madness, where the best of Male College Basketball Teams compete against one another.
In other news, rumors exist that Women might play basketball in college too. These rumors are unconfirmed, as nobody cares...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #48119 on: April 06, 2022, 06:57:12 pm »

Sure there is!
News Report for March:
Once again, everyone gathers to Celebrate March Madness, where the best of Male College Basketball Teams compete against one another.
In other news, rumors exist that Women might play basketball in college too. These rumors are unconfirmed, as nobody cares...

I struggle with people caring about college sports in any capacity.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 3206 3207 [3208] 3209 3210 ... 3569