Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245747 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #48060 on: April 04, 2022, 07:55:01 pm »

It's like the entire management for that company is actively working to NOT improve or make good decisions. It's incredible.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48061 on: April 04, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »

You know, it's enough for governments to act like petty dictators, but do companies feel the need to do so as well?

It really does feel like many institutions just want to see how badly they can behave before the commoners decide to burn the world down.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48062 on: April 04, 2022, 08:21:18 pm »

Gah! Who knows how many other companies are also trying to do this shit?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48063 on: April 04, 2022, 08:27:44 pm »

Companies don't do things.

Countries don't do things.

People do things.

"Powerful people" often don't even do things - most often they employ masses of "regular people" to do things on their behalf.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48064 on: April 04, 2022, 08:47:37 pm »

You know, it's enough for governments to act like petty dictators, but do companies feel the need to do so as well?

It really does feel like many institutions just want to see how badly they can behave before the commoners decide to burn the world down.

*Sits down backwards on a chair* the dudes running the companies are the same ones running the government
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48065 on: April 04, 2022, 09:03:49 pm »

plantation, slave, slave labor, master

A bit yikesy there Mr. Bezos

Ethics
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48066 on: April 04, 2022, 09:22:01 pm »

Banning things like "this is concerning" does seem like an effort to make yes-manning mandatory. Which seems like a good way to get to whatever the corporation equivalent is of invading a country with a bunch of broken materiel and untrained conscripts and realizing that you're probably not gonna win in three days like you thought.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48067 on: April 04, 2022, 09:34:34 pm »

Banning things like "this is concerning" does seem like an effort to make yes-manning mandatory. Which seems like a good way to get to whatever the corporation equivalent is of invading a country with a bunch of broken materiel and untrained conscripts and realizing that you're probably not gonna win in three days like you thought.

this is concerning
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #48068 on: April 04, 2022, 09:38:38 pm »

As much as I'd want a place for civil discussion of the war... keep the thread locked, I don't like it when people call for the deaths of over 100 million people, surprisingly.

It's just one of those subjects that drives people up the wall apparently.

Also there was one other Russian (KittyTac) but he kinda stayed on the sidelines and watched for the most part (perhaps in horror at some of the takes)...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 09:41:08 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48069 on: April 04, 2022, 10:12:45 pm »

I feel like this belongs here, since Amazon is so tightly would around our economy and political lobbying engine. Amazon apparently had a doc leak showing its plans to ban specific words and phrases internally to it's employees. Here's a list!

This sounds like a joke from a dystopian scifi starring Sylvester Stallone, but it is not. Naturally no major news outlet is covering it at present.

Their official response is "lol we weren't really going to".

Good thing their employees are Unionizing the crap out of them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #48070 on: April 05, 2022, 12:36:40 am »

I feel like this belongs here, since Amazon is so tightly would around our economy and political lobbying engine. Amazon apparently had a doc leak showing its plans to ban specific words and phrases internally to it's employees. Here's a list!

This sounds like a joke from a dystopian scifi starring Sylvester Stallone, but it is not. Naturally no major news outlet is covering it at present.

One warehouse, out of more than a hundred, unionizing does not a movement make.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48071 on: April 05, 2022, 04:13:59 am »

I was wondering about the "TOT"....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 04:17:52 am by Starver »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48072 on: April 05, 2022, 07:55:50 am »

One warehouse, out of more than a hundred, unionizing does not a movement make.

When it's among the biggest and most prominent, it's a healthy start.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #48073 on: April 05, 2022, 08:39:17 am »

When it comes to unions, the gap between 0 and 1 is much bigger than that between 1 and 100.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48074 on: April 05, 2022, 08:52:10 am »

Corporations know that, which is why they're so zealous in trying to quash all language that might even imply unionization, and so brazen in employing union busting tactics when they do start to germinate.
Pages: 1 ... 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 ... 3569