Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3198 3199 [3200] 3201 3202 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4247167 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47985 on: March 28, 2022, 09:51:31 am »

alopecia is a fancy word for "hair loss", or "baldness".

there are many causes of alopecia, such as autoimmune disorders, endocrine disorders, genetic disorders, and various skin disorders, like eczema or psoriasis.
for example, male pattern baldness is an endocrine disorder derived form of alopecia. (caused by a genetically inherited propensity to produce excess dihydrotestosterone, which turns off hair follicles on the head.)

Regardless of the cause of Jeda's alopecia, she is clearly very emotionally sensitive about it, and it is just bad form to harass the woman about the matter.  She is a very lovely woman, in terms of her jaw and skin quality, and she clearly demonstrates how bald is beautiful.  Despite that, she clearly is very upset by her baldness, and this is likely what triggered Smith.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47986 on: March 28, 2022, 09:57:11 am »

Alopecia is a condition that causes hair loss, that’s what she spoke about a few years ago. It’s incurable, but doesn’t do much beyond cause hair to fall out, ranging from small patches to all the hair on the body.

I didn’t know that before Smith slapped Rock though, and I don’t know if Rock knew that either. He’s a comedian, but making fun of someone with an incurable if benign condition is a bit eh. Probably not worth a slap though.

Ninja’d
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47987 on: March 28, 2022, 11:14:34 am »

I think Will Smith's ego got checked.

Like, he's got an open marriage with Jada that's one sided. He wants a monogamous relationship, she wants an open relationship. He's even cried in interviews about it before, how it hurts him.

So while he started laughing, when he saw that Jada didn't like (she rolled her eyes on camera, that was the extent of her reaction I saw) I think Will Smith's ego felt threatened and that's why it turned into a slap.

I don't like mean humor at other people's expense, and I don't like responding to words with violence. The whole night was shitty, but it's what people are talking about, so it "worked" from the event's perspective. Sorta like bringing in Ricky Gervais so he'll say stuff that will make the crowd gasp.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:22:23 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47988 on: March 28, 2022, 11:37:45 am »

If he had taken the mic instead and said that she is getting bald over whatever Rock would have ended looking bad and he wont. I can understand him, but do not conodone replying to a joke, as bad as it migth be, witha punch.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47989 on: March 28, 2022, 01:13:29 pm »

Why is one millionaire slapping another millionaire at the yearly showbiz circlejerk political?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47990 on: March 28, 2022, 01:44:29 pm »

Why is one millionaire slapping another millionaire at the yearly showbiz circlejerk political?
it's the bitchslap heard 'round the world.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47991 on: March 28, 2022, 02:07:25 pm »

This is the most accurate assessment to date.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47992 on: March 28, 2022, 02:49:58 pm »

Eh, it's just entertaining. I don't think anyone thinks it's particularly important.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47993 on: March 28, 2022, 04:40:21 pm »

Yeah the polithreads are also pretty much happeningthreads
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47994 on: March 28, 2022, 04:51:47 pm »

So this is what you were talking about here while we entered into serious AmeriPol discussion over in the WWIII - Ukraine thread... ::)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47995 on: March 28, 2022, 04:54:35 pm »

Well, here's an American political happening:

Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill has been signed into law.

Quote from: the article

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill into law on Monday that forbids instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, a policy that has drawn intense national scrutiny from critics who argue it marginalizes LGBTQ people.

The law states: “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.” Parents would be able to sue districts over violations.

Throughout debate in the GOP-controlled statehouse, Democrats have said the law’s language, particularly the phrases “classroom instruction” and “age appropriate,” could be interpreted so broadly that discussion in any grade could trigger lawsuits and create a classroom atmosphere where teachers would avoid the subjects entirely.

“The bill’s intentionally vague language leaves teachers afraid to talk to their students and opens up school districts to costly and frivolous litigation from those seeking to exclude LGBTQ people from any grade level,” said state Rep. Carlos G. Smith, a Democrat who is gay. “Even worse, #DontSayGay sends a hateful message to our most vulnerable youth who simply need our support.”

Andrew Spar, president of the Florida Education Association, said the law amounts to a political wedge issue for Republicans because elementary schools, especially in kindergarten through third grade, do not teach about these subjects and have state curriculum standards guiding classroom lessons.

“This bill is based on a falsehood, and that falsehood is that somehow we’re teaching kids inappropriate topics at an early age, and clearly we’re not,” Spar said.

The law’s sponsor, Republican Rep. Joe Harding, has said it would not bar spontaneous discussions about sexual orientation or gender identity in schools but would prevent districts from integrating the subjects into official curriculum. During the bill’s early stages, Harding sought to require schools to inform parents if a student came out as LGBTQ to a teacher. He withdrew the amendment after it picked up attention online.

For teachers in Florida, the law has caused some confusion over what is allowed in the classroom as well as concerns over frivolous lawsuits, said Michael Woods, a special education teacher in Palm Beach County with about three decades of experience.

“From the start, I thought it was a solution in search of a problem, and the sad part about it is, I think it’s going to have a chilling effect on making sure that young people, students have a safe learning environment,” he said.

I am SO FUCKING SICK of these people using children and unborn as shields to the goddamn SCAM they are running behind all this to defund schools and disenfranchise women and minorities. Spineless and cruel bastards.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47996 on: March 28, 2022, 05:02:10 pm »

"Teacher, why does Timmy have two mommies?"
"Uh, under Florida Law I can't answer that question."

The law is overbroad.  While I don't think actual "sex act" discussion is warranted for 3rd graders, the kids deserve an age appropriate explanation to the above question.

I'd like to comment about the part where Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is willing to let his state burn in his desire to run for President.
I can tell you, as New Yorker, that doesn't work.  He'll probably get voted out of his own state.  I mean, he pissed off Disney! How hard is that?

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47997 on: March 28, 2022, 05:13:02 pm »

That's the compromise they want to offer to make it seem reasonable, but no teachers are discussing sex acts with third graders to begin with, and the insinuation that this happens because LGBTQIA folks are out there is as insidious as it is incorrect.

This law benefits and protects nobody in schools.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47998 on: March 28, 2022, 05:18:00 pm »

...its not a compromise after the law is passed.  Once the law is on the books, its a tyrant that can only be overthrown or withdrawn.

There was a book banning law also signed in Florida.  It is rather insidious in that it requires all the books to be logged and only allows new books after a lengthy review process (which basically means No New Books). It's not just an LGBTQ+ issue, its straight up freezing time.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47999 on: March 28, 2022, 05:33:44 pm »

No, no, not a compromise to pass it, they were going to do that anyways. The point is that they're making it sound 'reasonable' by framing it as something that can possibly be seen as sensible (not teaching third graders about sex acts), hence your inclusion of "while I don't think actual sex act discussion is warranted for third graders." This statement is entirely useless because it's not happening anyways (and teachers would be fired before it became litigable through this law), but you included it, and the context is fundamentally tied to LGBTQIA existence. One has nothing to do with the other, but now it's in the same conversational sphere.
Pages: 1 ... 3198 3199 [3200] 3201 3202 ... 3569