Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3185 3186 [3187] 3188 3189 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4255128 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47790 on: March 02, 2022, 04:29:32 pm »

I'm happy to be proven wrong. This is Ameripol, after all.

(Also it wasn't my post or his that changed your mind, it was actually doing some reading.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47791 on: March 02, 2022, 04:41:38 pm »

Ya wanna see how to tell if those economic sanctions are working?

Spoiler: Ruble Schmooble (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47792 on: March 02, 2022, 04:47:21 pm »

the only upside is we WOULD be in world war if the OTHER person was elected instead.
Would be interesting to peek into that reality. My completely wild hunch is that, if this had happened at all[1] in his second term, the PUTOS would have been sending Americans in to rid Ukraine of its 'Nazis' and helping to defend the poor vulnerable Russians cowering in their armoured vehicles.

Well, probably not quite like that (butterfly effect would put us in a different form and degree of hellscape timeline, almost certainly), but I don't think it'd be US vs. 'USSR'. Perhaps huge tensions with Europe and their very similar brand of concerns.

[1] Without the US having perhaps created chaos in NATO by an EO to withdraw from that treaty, too, unless Ukraine were permanently blackballed, and in the UN by demanding they revoke its status as an independent member state.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47793 on: March 02, 2022, 05:28:09 pm »

If Trump had been in office during this, he would have pulled all our commitments from Ukraine and ignored our allies asking for sanctions or a coordinated international response. While boasting about how much business he'd doing in Russia.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47794 on: March 02, 2022, 05:52:41 pm »

I'm just going to repeat my argument that this war wouldn't be happening if Trump won the election.
Essentially, my belief is that if Trump were elected, Putin would have waited until after Trump's second term in office.

So no, I will not go down the "What if Putin launched this invasion while Trump was in office?" hypothetical, since I don't buy that as a legitimate possibility.

Argue/Disagree all you want.  For me, this is a BELIEF, and BELIEFS ARE HARD TO CHANGE.
There is zero benefitto me to concede on this issue in any way.
I should really be cross-posting this here

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47795 on: March 02, 2022, 05:59:14 pm »

Again, if Trump won the election, that would have further emboldened Putin and sped up the invasion. This is my own speculation just from how bizarrely servile and loving Trump was towards Putin, both in and out of office. If anything, Putin would probably be demanding aid from the US, and Trump would have been happy to provide it!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #47796 on: March 02, 2022, 06:33:01 pm »

There's recorded audio of Trump being convinced to delay the arbitrary pull-out of the US from NATO until "after the election". If that plan went forward, it is pretty likely that Russia would have already invaded in the expectation of total isolationism.

Granted, Trump has never been one for follow through, and would probably have forgotten the plan entirely.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47797 on: March 02, 2022, 08:26:47 pm »

I'm just going to repeat my argument that this war wouldn't be happening if Trump won the election.
Essentially, my belief is that if Trump were elected, Putin would have waited until after Trump's second term in office.

So no, I will not go down the "What if Putin launched this invasion while Trump was in office?" hypothetical, since I don't buy that as a legitimate possibility.

Argue/Disagree all you want.  For me, this is a BELIEF, and BELIEFS ARE HARD TO CHANGE.

Then why are you labouring the point? You’ve made your position clear, you’re not going to change your mind, you’re making no effort to engage with anyone, so there’s no need to continue posting the same thing over and over.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47798 on: March 03, 2022, 07:19:56 am »

The January 6 committee says it has enough evidence to suggest that Trump was engaged in a criminal conspiracy.
They say it is enough to file criminal charges of committing fraud and obstruction againt him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/02/us/politics/trump-criminal-charges-jan-6.html
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47799 on: March 03, 2022, 02:44:55 pm »

Then why are you labouring the point? You’ve made your position clear, you’re not going to change your mind, you’re making no effort to engage with anyone, so there’s no need to continue posting the same thing over and over.
Why are you trying to stifle my freedom of speech?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47800 on: March 03, 2022, 02:51:10 pm »

Toady made hector a mod?  That's crazy.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47801 on: March 03, 2022, 02:55:28 pm »

What on earth gave you the idea I’m trying to stifle your speech?

There’s… so much wrong with that I don’t even know where to begin.

Toady made hector a mod?  That's crazy.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47802 on: March 03, 2022, 03:26:05 pm »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47803 on: March 03, 2022, 03:27:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #47804 on: March 03, 2022, 05:26:09 pm »

Because you are engaging in wrong-think and must be exiled for “trolling / bigoted remarks / being deliberately obtuse.”

INTO THE OUBLIETTE WITH YE
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 3185 3186 [3187] 3188 3189 ... 3570