Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3167 3168 [3169] 3170 3171 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4196140 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47520 on: February 03, 2022, 02:37:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47521 on: February 03, 2022, 02:58:40 am »

Let's not confuse Fascism with Nazism.  Even the supporters with Nazi flags aren't actually Nazis because that movement is dead.  Their Fuhrer died by his own hands decades ago, and the former believers completely scattered to serve other powers.

There sure are a lot of cosplayers around but they're just the cringest variant of modern fascist.  They aren't OG Italian fascists but they sure want to heroically sacrifice themselves for state-daddy trump.  Or, as they become disillusioned with their obvious slimeball of a god-emperor, maybe it's enough to take out some minorities or senators.

Trump's movement is obviously populist, conservative, and fundamentally racist.  You can debate whether they meet the hero/death-cult requirements if you like, but they sure do love spitting Covid all over themselves and their "enemies".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #47522 on: February 03, 2022, 03:55:13 am »

I think it’s fair to call neo-nazis nazis? Sure, they are ”neo”, and in the US I figure they have even fewer roots in leftovers from the nazi-germany nazis, but they are anti-semitic fascists still. Any sound reaction towards neo-nazis should be the same as towards ”original” nazis, that they are truly evil, dangerous, and should not exist. Especially when they start attempting coup d’états.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47523 on: February 03, 2022, 04:09:17 am »

Fair enough.  I'm used to interacting with cosplay-nazis more than actual white-supremacists.  I wasn't considering that Trump did attract a lot of the latter too, particularly for the insurrection.

Not like there's a huge difference.  Dedicating yourself to hurting minorities is pretty gross even if you're kissing a dead coward's flag with your chan buddies and haven't been formally inducted into a militarized group, yet.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #47524 on: February 03, 2022, 08:21:28 am »

Agreed TBH.

Fair enough.  I'm used to interacting with cosplay-nazis more than actual white-supremacists.  I wasn't considering that Trump did attract a lot of the latter too, particularly for the insurrection.

Not like there's a huge difference.  Dedicating yourself to hurting minorities is pretty gross even if you're kissing a dead coward's flag with your chan buddies and haven't been formally inducted into a militarized group, yet.
Both white supremacists and Nazi cosplayers can fuck right off, really. They, tankies, and anprims (fortunately the last one is very fringe) are the absolute worst ideologies to exist.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47525 on: February 04, 2022, 04:20:12 am »

As if no one wanted to Lewis Black the Anthony Jeselnik out of that Chamalett son-of-a-bitch.

But like, aha, no one was paying attention to the politics.  Everyone who isn't a liberal was basically turning a blind eye on the turd bag that's been swindling cocaine for grenadine.

I mean, let's be smart here, they call it the sunshine state for a reason.  Is it safe to say the wind blows because the coffee is hot?  Or is a winter moon just a venti attachment?

Totally fine with it; let them dominate everything but assembly.  I can look down on the hatecrimes when we turn the news on.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47526 on: February 04, 2022, 02:19:13 pm »

In an extraordinary rebuke, the Republican National Committee on Friday voted Friday to condemn Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), the two Republican members of a House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by a pro-Trump mob.

As part of this rebuke, the RNC described 1/6 as "ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse." So take that as you will in the context of the last several pages...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47527 on: February 04, 2022, 02:51:57 pm »

As if no one wanted to Lewis Black the Anthony Jeselnik out of that Chamalett son-of-a-bitch.

But like, aha, no one was paying attention to the politics.  Everyone who isn't a liberal was basically turning a blind eye on the turd bag that's been swindling cocaine for grenadine.

I mean, let's be smart here, they call it the sunshine state for a reason.  Is it safe to say the wind blows because the coffee is hot?  Or is a winter moon just a venti attachment?

Totally fine with it; let them dominate everything but assembly.  I can look down on the hatecrimes when we turn the news on.

Is that you, Dennis Miller?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47528 on: February 04, 2022, 07:57:52 pm »

Book burnings in Tennessee, after a long string of "anti-CRT" book bans across multiple red states.  Anything discussing race, pro LGBT, or particularly anti-Christian, is to be banned from public school libraries.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47529 on: February 04, 2022, 08:07:31 pm »

That is pathetic.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #47530 on: February 04, 2022, 08:24:14 pm »

Book burnings are always the sign you're on the right side of things.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47531 on: February 04, 2022, 08:45:40 pm »

Did this come with arm-waving? Because arm-waving would go well with it... Is it outrage about something specific? Can you translate it into something where people are not transitive verbs and "they" is a direct reference?
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47532 on: February 04, 2022, 08:53:35 pm »

In an extraordinary rebuke, the Republican National Committee on Friday voted Friday to condemn Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), the two Republican members of a House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by a pro-Trump mob.

As part of this rebuke, the RNC described 1/6 as "ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse." So take that as you will in the context of the last several pages...

Another great example.

"Storming the capital, assulting capitol police, bringing zipties and weapons, chanting for the death of the vice president and smearing shit on walls is "legitimate political discourse" and is why these two people who said that a coup is impeachable need to be kicked out."

- The majority of the fascist GOP party

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47533 on: February 04, 2022, 09:15:59 pm »

Book burnings are always the sign you're on the right side of things.

Well they certainly weren't on the left
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #47534 on: February 05, 2022, 03:05:01 am »

Another great example.

"Storming the capital, assulting capitol police, bringing zipties and weapons, chanting for the death of the vice president and smearing shit on walls is "legitimate political discourse" and is why these two people who said that a coup is impeachable need to be kicked out."

- The majority of the fascist GOP party
The politicians are maybe. But not the people, that was my argument. And anyways soon they will retire or just straight up die. The bulk of the more radical wing of the Reps are boomers or older. Even then, I don't think it's a majority. Remember, in any parliament there are many of those who just go with the flow, or act by pragmatism.

Also, the P stands for party.

Book burnings in Tennessee, after a long string of "anti-CRT" book bans across multiple red states.  Anything discussing race, pro LGBT, or particularly anti-Christian, is to be banned from public school libraries.
Yikes.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 03:13:54 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 3167 3168 [3169] 3170 3171 ... 3566