Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3134 3135 [3136] 3137 3138 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4203768 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47025 on: November 27, 2021, 02:28:20 pm »

Well, it depends, its a chocolate one?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47026 on: November 27, 2021, 03:47:16 pm »

Layer cake is an actual term of applicable art, for what it's worth. There's other euphemisms involving various sorts of cake, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47027 on: November 27, 2021, 05:38:38 pm »

I wound not know, I only eat food.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47028 on: November 27, 2021, 07:07:53 pm »

Black Forest Gateau matters.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47029 on: November 29, 2021, 09:03:04 am »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:41:45 am by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47030 on: November 29, 2021, 09:32:41 am »

There's a Schinken sobbing softly in a corner now
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47031 on: November 30, 2021, 04:45:32 pm »

The nu variant is just like the new variant, it just has more style, uses shades and a cap backwards...
You know what's up!

Also it reminds me of Nu-Metal, which I like. So I'm glad they didn't pick it.

Edit: shit I missed your Linkin Park joke :D
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47032 on: November 30, 2021, 05:29:44 pm »

At work my buddies did not get the Lrrr variant from Omicron Persei 8.... I felt old as fuck.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47033 on: November 30, 2021, 06:35:27 pm »

At least bumber's not trying to contest that a non-white terrorism linked vigilante that did make it to court after gunning people down in the street wouldn't have much of a chance of being cleared of all charges anymore, I guess. Still having trouble understanding the words "fairly likely", but it's getting there.

I do contest that, but there aren't any examples of a non-white Rittenhouse, AFAIK. Arbinire gave examples of people who received acquittals, at least.

The burden of proof is on you to support your statement that "if the killer had been black or middle eastern, it's fairly likely they wouldn't have even survived to reach court, nevermind seen an acquittal", not me to disprove it.

Rittenhouse might have been convicted on the gun possession charge if it actually applied to the rifle he used. (Assuming the judge didn't overturn it given all the rules the prosecution broke, including not turning over all evidence. Stuff like that is why people like Bill Cosby are free.)

Thanksgiving is a meal that was historically eaten just "when something good happens" according to the Puritans when they arrived on this shore. "Thank you God for what you have given us etc." It was a habit in England before any colonization happened.

Here, it eventually became almost synonymous with meals that happened after raids on Native American settlements and acquisition of their food stores.

It's always been about that one time that Native Americans fed and taught some pilgrims to survive, to me. Apparently, they made a treaty that at least lasted beyond the lifetimes of those who signed it. (Like 50 years or so.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 07:06:20 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47034 on: November 30, 2021, 06:56:59 pm »

Oops.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #47035 on: November 30, 2021, 07:03:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47036 on: November 30, 2021, 07:05:49 pm »

Sole question: Was there a new Covid variant identified by the WHO in Africa and that's why Trump banned travel from Africa at the time?

IIRC, Trump's ban affected only prospective immigrants without visas. If you had a visa or citizenship, you were unaffected. I believe Joey B's affects literally everyone who is physically located in those African nations.

If all of the above is true, then yes, one is effective at preventing a new strain of Covid from entering the nation, and the other is effective at preventing black people from immigrating to the US.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47037 on: November 30, 2021, 07:08:31 pm »

Sole question: Was there a new Covid variant identified by the WHO in Africa and that's why Trump banned travel from Africa at the time?

IIRC, Trump's ban affected only prospective immigrants without visas. If you had a visa or citizenship, you were unaffected. I believe Joey B's affects literally everyone who is physically located in those African nations.

If all of the above is true, then yes, one is effective at preventing a new strain of Covid from entering the nation, and the other is effective at preventing black people from immigrating to the US.

The Trump ban being referred to was related to terrorism. Biden's COVID ban has an exception for US citizens and permanent residents.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 07:11:01 pm by Bumber »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47038 on: November 30, 2021, 07:12:35 pm »

The Trump ban being referred to was related to terrorism. Biden's COVID ban has an exception for US citizens and permanent residents.

If he's gonna ban travel to prevent Covid, then he needs to ban travel to prevent Covid. Unless there's something in the law that says he can't blanket ban, and citizens/VISA holders are entitled to entry. Is that a thing?

EDIT: Which terrorist groups were coming from Africa, at the time?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47039 on: November 30, 2021, 07:24:23 pm »

Thanksgiving is a meal that was historically eaten just "when something good happens" according to the Puritans when they arrived on this shore. "Thank you God for what you have given us etc." It was a habit in England before any colonization happened.

Here, it eventually became almost synonymous with meals that happened after raids on Native American settlements and acquisition of their food stores.

It's always been about that one time that Native Americans fed and taught some pilgrims to survive, to me. Apparently, they made a treaty that at least lasted beyond the lifetimes of those who signed it. (Like 50 years or so.)

Both sound revisionist. I always thought the school-taught image of Pilgrims and Native Americans breaking bread together to be completely at odds with how they were treated by the US government and westward expansionists not much later.

The truth is likely somewhere in the middle of the two. I'm sure some NA and Pilgrims lit each other up, just like some probably got along.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 3134 3135 [3136] 3137 3138 ... 3566