Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4206152 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #46065 on: August 22, 2021, 01:00:45 pm »

It is the hallmark of the fanatics that anything that doesn't match their expectations is a test of faith, including God himself.

"If I believe in Trump, then I have to take vaccines, but if I get vaccines, THEN I HAVE TO STOP BELIEVING IN TRUMP! WHAT DO I DO?"

Now we just need Trump to say he's sorry, he was wrong, and apologize for ever being born if his only contribution in life was to shit on America and the whole world.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46066 on: August 22, 2021, 01:56:29 pm »

Now we just need Trump to say he's sorry, he was wrong, and apologize for ever being born if his only contribution in life was to shit on America and the whole world.

Oh, yes. Someone finally put it in words! That guy was nuts.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46068 on: August 23, 2021, 10:53:30 am »

Are you enjoying the return to competency, though? :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46069 on: August 23, 2021, 11:40:57 am »

Hey, y'all get a month-long period to go down to the locale and put in your votes early before the official voting day, right?

Asking for a European.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46070 on: August 23, 2021, 12:08:58 pm »

@Bumber
From afar, and notwithstanding that it is very much not how I'd like it to be, right now, the fact that it hasn't been some new batshit episode Every. Single. Day (or more than once a day, often), since his taking up the post, probably isn't the best of baselines, and I really don't want to be an apologist for any error...

But imagine how much better Trump's presidency might have been if there had only been that issue with the unmarked vans/snatch-squads targetting innocent Americans in Portland, or any other single policy outcome we can mutually agree was an actual low-point that you aren't going to say didn't happen/etc.

I can think of single-low-point candidate events for Obama, Dubya (excluding 911 itself, on principle), Clinton, Aichdubya, Reagan, Carter, just from memory. Before that I'd need to read up on them a bit (though of course Nixon's got a doozy or two, JFK must have even if Dallas happened before they were properly known, etc, I think I've got a Taft one but I might be wrong about it being him...).

Too early to say, though. The current problem might turn out to be nothing but panic-induced mania or utterly eclipsed with some different big issue (Taiwan? Something hurricane/other-weather/quake-related? ISS problems?) that makes even you forget about this hiccough. The big test of opinion is 2024, if that schedule isn't disrupted (perhaps due to The Problem)... Place yer bets, ladies and gentlemen..!

(@Kagus: Not my system, to rightly comment upon, but my understanding is that there are loads of local (mostly State) variations on exactly how voting progresses, but there is indeed a large quantity of in-person early-voting built in, rather than the main exception to on-the-day being only postal votes (that accumulate, to be counted alongside the others). I think it's a holdover from days of yore, with a big continent/swathes of continent involved and never quite been updated as Pony Express, etc, were no longer the only solution. That and other reluctance to change what works and does not disproportionately upset the legislative apple-carts involved. But someone(s) else will probably give you a better answer than this overlong summary, I'm sure.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46071 on: August 23, 2021, 12:37:23 pm »

I don’t’t think I’ve heard “legislative apple carts” before. What does that mean?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46072 on: August 23, 2021, 02:07:40 pm »

I don’t’t think I’ve heard “legislative apple carts” before. What does that mean?
Pretty much just the standard phrase, but with a casual rhetorical insertion that I never thought would be confusing. I'm sure there's an intellectual greek word for it, but darned if I know what it is. (Unless it's just included in the terms of an extended tmesis, but doesn't seem properly tmetic to me.) I know I can get a bit too florid, sometimes, sorry!

Either way, though, the legislative apple carts are probably financially linked to pork barrels. Which is serendipitous as it now all sounds even more yummy...

edit: Hypallage, perhaps? Some more learned student of English would know, but I'm just an amateur with access to Wikipedia and a tendency to skim-read.  :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:24:44 pm by Starver »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46073 on: August 23, 2021, 02:46:41 pm »

Competency? In American goverment? Since when that happened?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46074 on: August 23, 2021, 03:53:36 pm »

Competency? In American goverment? Since when that happened?

I am enjoying the lack of our nation being run like an unending episode of the Bachelorette, yes.

This does not, however, translate to a loving support of any of the other fumbling dolts we've had in office during my lifetime.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46075 on: August 23, 2021, 04:14:48 pm »

That's why Tesla Bots for office is going to be the only true change. Sure, total extermination of mankind seem harsh, but the huge cut on taxes and 0 corruption more than make up for it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46076 on: August 23, 2021, 04:35:53 pm »

Well, maybe not zero corruption, but if we insist upon the use of RAID 5E+1 at an absolute minimum then any corruption can be reasonably expected to be unconcerning.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46077 on: August 23, 2021, 04:50:23 pm »

Hey, y'all get a month-long period to go down to the locale and put in your votes early before the official voting day, right?

Asking for a European.

It very much depends on location. Since it has been noticed that it mostly benefits the working class, it's being phased out. It could easily be blocked at the federal level, same with attempts to make it difficult for non-whites to vote. However, our sitting president has long been the enemy of the working class and non-whites.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46078 on: August 23, 2021, 05:52:52 pm »

That's why Tesla Bots for office is going to be the only true change. Sure, total extermination of mankind seem harsh, but the huge cut on taxes and 0 corruption more than make up for it.
why are you so sure they’d exterminate us?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46079 on: August 23, 2021, 05:58:21 pm »

Because it'll be elon in a robot suit and it's clear that he'd kill us all if it benefitted him.
Pages: 1 ... 3070 3071 [3072] 3073 3074 ... 3566