Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3050 3051 [3052] 3053 3054 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4206434 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #45765 on: August 07, 2021, 05:23:23 pm »

I'm more wondering how long it will take to be turned into sex toys
"Already we have turned all of our entertainment industries, all of our spare time, over to these... things... these lumps of meat and paste we call soybots. And now we propose to teach them intelligence? What, pray tell, will we do when these little homunculi awaken one day and announce that they have no further need of us?"
t. Sister Miriam Godwinson, we musn't consent

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #45766 on: August 07, 2021, 06:36:46 pm »

NEW! From the makers of Soylent Cola, in association with Bad Dragon, it's Soylent Peen™! :P
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45767 on: August 07, 2021, 11:39:35 pm »

"Already we have turned all of our entertainment industries, all of our spare time, over to these... things... these lumps of meat and paste we call soybots. And now we propose to teach them intelligence? What, pray tell, will we do when these little homunculi awaken one day and announce that they have no further need of us?"
t. Sister Miriam Godwinson, we musn't consent
“And what of the immortal soul in such transactions? Can this machine transmit and reattach it as well? Or is it lost forever, leaving a soulless body to wander the world in despair?”
Unedited original quote, and yet it reads so differently in the context of sex organs rather than a "simple" bulk matter transmitter for space mining (indications are that the neohumans of Alpha Centauri might have avoided passing through the gateway, but they didn't need to).  I delayed replying about this because it made me realize:  That frustrating issue of the soul would super apply to "artificial" genitalia.

The issue of the soul remains important even when I don't believe in it.  It's even maybe useful, when this is the sort of thing that leads to a gene-modified population.  (Genejacks, even, as per Alpha Centauri ).

I feel pretty secure in saying that giving people functioning genitalia that they can actually tolerate would be a universally good thing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45768 on: August 07, 2021, 11:56:06 pm »

Man, I don't know about endowing our dildos and fleshlights with sentience. Sounds like a bad idea to me...

...but then again, that's a new kink if I ever heard of one....

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45769 on: August 08, 2021, 12:15:10 am »

Wouldn’t sentience require neurons? Genitalia do not require neurons as far as I know, they just send signals to the brain, which in the case of artificial genitals, would not exist, so the sense senders can be skipped entirely. Current sex toys do not sense the world, no need to make these “artificial” isn’t quite the right word…detached…hmm, but they needn’t start attached to begin with…let’s call them “gamete storage units” for now

No need for gamete storage units to sense things either, since they’d likely be made without gametes to store and thus wouldn’t need to regulate temperature…I think my point is, if we don’t add extra things and we take out unnecessary things, acquisition of sentience wouldn’t be a problem. I’ve never used a sex toy, so to my knowledge all it needs to do is feel like genitals, we already have sperm banks and a surrogate mother program for those who want children without having to do sex with a person. Maybe this issue can be moved to a new thread…

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45770 on: August 08, 2021, 02:29:10 am »

I feel pretty secure in saying that giving people functioning genitalia that they can actually tolerate would be a universally good thing.

This... Brings up an interesting point. The concept of growing organs for transplantation is one of those holy grail goals for Meat in a Cup™, but that's generally reserved for internal organs like kidneys, livers, hearts etc... What about sex organs? Get your very own designer dick! Building a prostate would be an extra level of complexity, but FtM trans peeps could finally have their very own flesh flop. And maybe they could finally stop peeling off huge patches of skin for MtF surgeries too.

And then expand (dong) upon that to the utter chaos that would be allowing guys to upgrade to a bigger peen and tanking their circulatory systems with the colossal hentai beef rockets they think they need installed.

I mean, the penis is an internal organ at the best of times, so...

Soylent Peen™!

All the love for this

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45771 on: August 08, 2021, 03:14:04 am »

This... Brings up an interesting point. The concept of growing organs for transplantation is one of those holy grail goals for Meat in a Cup™, but that's generally reserved for internal organs like kidneys, livers, hearts etc... What about sex organs? Get your very own designer dick! Building a prostate would be an extra level of complexity, but FtM trans peeps could finally have their very own flesh flop.
I mean... prostate effects more than just the reproductive side of things, on top of being a major cancer vector. Being able to build and replace those things would be a pretty big deal regardless. The benefit in relation to trans concerns would probably just be a nice bonus, y'know?

There's similar stuff for ladies, too, for that matter. Sex organs have pretty serious effects on the rest of the body, at the end of the day. Vat (or whatever) grown replacements actually being an option would be pretty big even without the designer dong aspect of things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45772 on: August 08, 2021, 04:15:25 am »

Just as prosthetics start off as replacements but will evolve into full on Adeptus Mechanicus additions, meat prosthetics will inevitably lead to meat augmentations. Alpha Centauri once again proving presciently and amusingly relevant even in a discussion on cyberdongs

"There once was a handsome cyborg named Chase,
who woo'd women at every base.
But once ladies glanced at,
his special enhancement,
they vanished with nary a trace,"
-Bioenhancement centre

Emphasis on enhancement lol. Everyone being three-legged designer donged flail snails would potentially open doors to places I wouldn't go with a loaded gun

Man, I don't know about endowing our dildos and fleshlights with sentience. Sounds like a bad idea to me...

...but then again, that's a new kink if I ever heard of one....
"what is my purpose?"
"do reproduce"
"ah fuck, seriously?"
"don't feel too bad that's ours too"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45773 on: August 08, 2021, 06:45:33 am »

Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45774 on: August 08, 2021, 01:31:28 pm »

I guess I was vague (for obvious reasons) but I wasn't talking about the sex organs being sentient.  I was pointing out that some people might question whether the resulting children have souls.

I mean... prostate effects more than just the reproductive side of things, on top of being a major cancer vector. Being able to build and replace those things would be a pretty big deal regardless. The benefit in relation to trans concerns would probably just be a nice bonus, y'know?

There's similar stuff for ladies, too, for that matter. Sex organs have pretty serious effects on the rest of the body, at the end of the day. Vat (or whatever) grown replacements actually being an option would be pretty big even without the designer dong aspect of things.
This!  I was thinking mostly about enabling reproduction (not just a trans issue!), but there are so many cool possibilities for this tech.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 01:44:37 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45775 on: August 08, 2021, 01:36:50 pm »

Isn't that the plot of a movie or a episode of black mirror? People eating the (vat-grown) flesh of famous people?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45776 on: August 08, 2021, 01:43:08 pm »

I guess I was vague (for obvious reasons) but I wasn't talking about the sex organs being sentient.  I was pointing out that some people might question whether the resulting children have souls.

This!  I was thinking mostly about enabling reproduction (not just a trans issue!), but there are so many cool possibilities for this tech.

Trans should be the least controversial alt-sex after asexual.

"If your eye offends thee, pluck it out."

Sure, this is about sin-- but that can be adapted also.  Trans people are "Heterosexual men" and "Heterosexual women", in the wrong bodies. (scare quotes not really intended as a dog whistle. Only to point out the controversial aspect of the "internal" vs "external' sexuality.)  For a transman (who is born a woman) to have sex, as a woman, with a man, (which is what the people so down on transgender insist on), he would be violating that lovely little bit in leviticus that our friends in the church are so adamant about. As such, getting those female bits cut off, would be PERFECTLY IN LINE with Mathew 5:29

(evil laughter intensifies)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #45777 on: August 08, 2021, 05:19:18 pm »

That argument would work if all trans people were heterosexual, which isn’t the case. In fact (as I’ve gathered through the internet grapevine), trans people are more likely to admit to non-heterosexuality compared to their cis fellows.
Personally, I wonder if this has to do with straight people being much rarer than apparent, with trans people doing more introspection in that general area also giving them the insight that they don’t belong to the assumed heterosexual standard. In other words, more cis people either don’t know, or don’t admit they are non-straight. But I don’t really get the straights/monosexuals to begin with, so my musings are probably ignorant in some fashion.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45778 on: August 08, 2021, 06:52:43 pm »

Feels like it's starting to drift into controversial ideas, rather than Ameripol  8)

Interesting rumblings about US investigations into UBI-type things. I'm still not convinced...
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45779 on: August 08, 2021, 06:59:01 pm »

UBI studies will say its a great idea yet no implementation will happen.

Same as it ever was.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 3050 3051 [3052] 3053 3054 ... 3566