Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4213237 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #45090 on: May 16, 2021, 10:07:58 pm »

That was definitely worse than anything hamas has done during this little conflict.
That's a bit of a stretch.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45091 on: May 16, 2021, 10:29:16 pm »

Exploding the press isn't a very good sign, though.

No, that was pretty bad. Seems a way to "silence" people (innocents) than actually attacking terrorists. Maybe hamas like they said was in there, but wow was that a bad move even if there was the worst person ever to live inside that building. There were tons of other choices besides "lets do it like the movies and make explosions, who cares if any innocents get in the way". That was definitely worse than anything hamas has done during this little conflict.

The only reason Hamas was there was because missiles hit the building.

If missiles didn't hit the building, obviously Hamas wasn't there.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45092 on: May 16, 2021, 10:37:00 pm »

It might be worth noting that Palestinians live in segregation in muslim countries even moreso than they do in Israel.
Take Lebanon for example. Palestinian refugees are living in camps there since 1948, and even now, they are still not allowed to get a job in Lebanon.
At least in Israel, Palestinians are allowed to get a job, if they have no active ties to Hamas or other terrorist organisations.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #45093 on: May 16, 2021, 10:38:13 pm »

No, that was pretty bad. Seems a way to "silence" people (innocents) than actually attacking terrorists. Maybe hamas like they said was in there, but wow was that a bad move even if there was the worst person ever to live inside that building. There were tons of other choices besides "lets do it like the movies and make explosions, who cares if any innocents get in the way". That was definitely worse than anything hamas has done during this little conflict.

The only reason Hamas was there was because missiles hit the building.

If missiles didn't hit the building, obviously Hamas wasn't there.

This guy gets it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45094 on: May 16, 2021, 11:16:27 pm »

Pardon me for reporting facts:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/16/more-deaths-gaza-israel-launches-most-intense-raids-yet
At least 192 people, including 58 children and 34 women, have been killed in the Gaza Strip since the latest violence began a week ago.

Israel has reported 10 dead, including two children.

Interesting figures for those trying to demonize Hamas (not that they are entirely blameless...).

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45095 on: May 16, 2021, 11:31:02 pm »

Israel's death toll is not low for lack of trying by Hamas. It's low because of the Iron Dome, and because Hamas only has dumbfire missiles (not firework rockets, like a lot of anti-Israel media falsely states, no they do actually fire military grade missiles with the intent of killing civilians).
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45096 on: May 17, 2021, 12:52:44 am »

I wasn't commenting so much on what Hamas is doing (or trying to do) as what it is Israel is doing.  Disproportionate carnage is the summary.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45097 on: May 17, 2021, 04:04:52 am »

They've got a habit of targeting journalists; 30 have reportedly been detained or harassed in addition to the AP/Al Jazeera building getting adjusted to the ground. Reminds me of when they shot a missile at a clearly marked Reuters vehicle in 2006; one of the journalists in that rover survived only to be torn in half by a tank's flechette rounds in 2008. Journalists reporting in Gaza would probably be safer if they didn't mark themselves out as journalists

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #45098 on: May 17, 2021, 06:07:12 am »

Israel's death toll is not low for lack of trying by Hamas. It's low because of the Iron Dome, and because Hamas only has dumbfire missiles (not firework rockets, like a lot of anti-Israel media falsely states, no they do actually fire military grade missiles with the intent of killing civilians).

Yes, when numbers started to get in the media i was very surprised to see how disproportionate it was considering the warmongering assholes on both sides of the conflicts are throwing tons of their deadly stuff into civilians areas.
Then i read about this iron dome in Israel, very impressive technology evolution of the patriot stuff from old Iraq war.

Maybe it's the solution to end this, get the UN to finance an iron dome on the Palestine side so maybe after a while both side warmongers may stop trying to waste their time throwing missiles and money, so instead of trying to kill more people they maybe think about the values of peace ?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45099 on: May 17, 2021, 07:02:16 am »

Israeli officials said that they shared intel with US on Hamas being in the building, and Biden and his administration "found the explanation satisfactory."

I wonder if we'll ever get to see it? Someone could do a FOIA request, but it might be turned down for "national security".
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #45100 on: May 17, 2021, 07:16:29 am »

”Hey Joe, we kinda maybe might have done something to keep snoopers away just in case this becomes a massacre. That’s fine wih you, right?”

That iron dome idea sounds good, won’t stop them from bombs and shooting but less missiles in the air can’t be a bad thing.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45101 on: May 17, 2021, 01:20:31 pm »

Biden approved a massive weapon sale to Israel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/17/power-up-biden-administration-approves-735-million-weapons-sale-israel-raising-red-flags-some-house-democrats/

This is backwards world since nazis hate jews, therefor hate israel and they dominate the republican party, but a bunch of democrats mad. I am wondering if because of trump, he somehow put in a bunch of people or did something to make anti-Semitism and anti-israel (both are separate since israel isn't fully jewish, but the literal nazis as I've said are definitely taking advantage of those who are against israel) a popular thing.

Before trump, never saw so much anti-israel hate except from nazis and republicans. Now its both sides and biden is here just ignoring the nazis lol.

As said though, there is legit criticisms to be had for israel. But sadly the nazis that love trump so much have taken advantage of it and now nullified any criticisms. I'm sure trump is loving all the hate. Still shouldn't be bombing refuge camps though or blowing up media buildings.

(edit:

Either way, the whole situation is sad. Israel committing war crimes, but nazis taking advantage like I said of it and doing their usual hate of Israel since its a nation that houses a lot of jews. Like there is actual criticism, but sadly its being badly taken over with nazis and racists. Then Hamas bombarding Israel with rockets, though not many have actually done anything because of the shield thing. Though I believe I saw somewhere there was a couple children killed in Israel because of it, though not to the extent other way around...still terrible situation all the way around.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:48:28 pm by The_Explorer »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45102 on: May 17, 2021, 01:52:43 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:48:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45103 on: May 17, 2021, 02:15:30 pm »

Well, I still don't think one should be genociding palestine since like I said in a past post, its hamas, not the citizens who are innocent (like koreans in north korea are innocent, its their regime). I just really to sum it up think its backwards to want to genocide israel too (which is what a lot are calling for in destruction/dismantling of israel)...like two wrongs don't make a right. How is one better than the other at all? Genocide against any nation=bad.

It would be better to have world leaders setup a situation where it all works out for both sides. As far as I see, its really to create a perpetual war going and status quo. But I still believe since the founding lines of palestine and israel were created was done specifically for a status quo situation. And I'm not seeing any world leaders go up to that task.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45104 on: May 17, 2021, 04:08:33 pm »

In other news, sadly looks like abortion rights will become limited

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/17/politics/supreme-court-abortion-mississippi/index.html

The supreme court is too far right, and its certainly going to favor the republican side of things. The supreme court has ruled in favor of a lot of radical ideas, though supreme court I noticed hasn't been focused on much as far as that goes.
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 3566