Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2995 2996 [2997] 2998 2999 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4219776 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #44940 on: April 29, 2021, 03:44:49 pm »

From what I gather, that's not too far off from what they were doing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44941 on: April 30, 2021, 11:16:48 am »

If men must turn square corners when they deal with the government, it cannot be too much to expect the government to turn square corners when it deals with them.

Wow, that's gotta be the first time I've seen that sentiment from a government official of any sort.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44942 on: April 30, 2021, 01:20:46 pm »

Didn't see this mentioned here:
The White House says that the intelligence community does not have conclusive evidence that Russian intelligence operatives encouraged the Taliban to attack American troops in Afghanistan.

The assessment, revealed Thursday as the U.S. announced a host of new sanctions on the Russian government, undermines one of the sharpest attacks Joe Biden and other Democrats leveled against former President Donald Trump during the 2020 White House race. Biden repeatedly attacked Trump on the campaign trail for not standing up to Russian President Vladimir Putin despite his administration being aware of intelligence suggesting Russian agents were offering bounties to the Taliban.

But on Thursday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that after a review of those classified reports, the intelligence community determined it had only “low to moderate confidence” in their authenticity. She said that was due in part to the ways in which the intelligence was obtained, including from interrogations of Afghan detainees.

This guy is actually trying to put the Biden administration up against the Trump administration in terms of lying. L.O.L.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44943 on: May 01, 2021, 05:12:05 pm »

This guy is actually trying to put the Biden administration up against the Trump administration in terms of lying. L.O.L.

More the media than Biden. The ones in charge of the fact checks are the ones constantly lying.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #44944 on: May 01, 2021, 05:53:46 pm »

You'll be glad to hear the MSM's fact checking divisions (or at least WaPo's) are closing up now that Biden's president, then- not enough malarkey to sift through, or it's no longer worth clicks to make stuff up.

Although I think Fox News says you're supposed to be angry about that? Something spiteful about how 'democracy dies in darkness' or something?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44945 on: May 01, 2021, 06:18:29 pm »

Well, the BBC is still fact checking things, including Biden's (pro/an)nouncements.

So if you're bothered that the Manhattan School of Music is letting you down, don't worry!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44946 on: May 02, 2021, 07:29:22 pm »

I think they should do a GI bill for people who had to work low-paying "essential" jobs during the pandemic. Your janitors, your grocery store stockers, etc.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44947 on: May 03, 2021, 12:18:59 am »

You'll be glad to hear the MSM's fact checking divisions (or at least WaPo's) are closing up now that Biden's president, then- not enough malarkey to sift through, or it's no longer worth clicks to make stuff up.

They're ending their presidential fact-checking database (because it's too much work, despite Biden only having "regular politician" levels of lying and not speaking as much,) but they've claimed they're still going to fact check him. (When they feel like it, I suppose.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:26:52 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #44948 on: May 03, 2021, 06:33:04 am »

So is that too much fact-checking, not enough fact checking, or is 'when they feel like it' an acceptable quantity given that facts coming from the media are bullshit? Or, if this is a decision made out of general incompetence instead, how are they so successful at producing lies?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44949 on: May 03, 2021, 07:56:33 am »

I think they should do a GI bill for people who had to work low-paying "essential" jobs during the pandemic. Your janitors, your grocery store stockers, etc.

It'd be a hard sell. People are already mad that they're having a hard time hiring for those positions, just because they have the highest mortality rate. We can't even get a minimum wage that would be reasonable 10 years ago passed. The problem with the US being so far right is you can't possibly pass anything that's good for non-white non-rich people.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44950 on: May 03, 2021, 12:06:23 pm »

It'd be a hard sell. People are already mad that they're having a hard time hiring for those positions, just because they have the highest mortality rate. We can't even get a minimum wage that would be reasonable 10 years ago passed. The problem with the US being so far right is you can't possibly pass anything that's good for non-white non-rich people.

It is, but I'm still gonna call my senator about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44951 on: May 03, 2021, 01:35:47 pm »

because, you know, the US takes great care of its veterans.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44952 on: May 03, 2021, 03:18:59 pm »

Basically as the above post implies. Even if a bill provided any kind of medical or other services to essential workers, the level of fuckup that is the VA is the best this country can manage, and most likely it'll end up being even shittier than that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44953 on: May 03, 2021, 05:41:19 pm »

I mean... for all its problems, the VA is definitely better than nothing, and very often better than most health insurance et al schemes, especially those reasonably accessible to vets that need care. It's not exactly amazing, but some sort of equivalent for essential workers would be pretty fucking helpful at the end of the day.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44954 on: May 03, 2021, 05:44:24 pm »

If we're talking healthcare for what is basically an arbitrary group of people, why not just healthcare for all at that point?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 2995 2996 [2997] 2998 2999 ... 3566