Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2988 2989 [2990] 2991 2992 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4220235 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #44835 on: April 16, 2021, 07:37:53 am »

Reading the transcript of his defense of his great replacement comments is just more great replacement nonsense.

He mentions black people only in relation to them wanting to leave Los Angeles but makes his own conclusions about why that is, and also says immigration reduces the power of his vote even though immigrants can’t vote until they get citizenship (BUT ILLEGALS VOTE ALL THE TIME AND STEAL ELECTIONS) though he fails to mention the same thing also happens when natural born people get old enough to vote because naturalized immigrant votes are bad in a country built on immigration.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44836 on: April 16, 2021, 09:10:06 am »

the same thing also happens when natural born people get old enough to vote

But as the bard himself very nearly said:
All mortal consequences have pronounced me thus:
“Fear not, MacTuck. No man that’s born of woman
Shall e'er have power upon thee.”
Then fly, false memes.

And you can't argue with that!

8)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44837 on: April 16, 2021, 04:01:01 pm »

Submitted my federal and state taxes this week.  6.3% effective federal income tax rate (total cash paid / AGI).

3.6% effective state rate, again relative to AGI.

Other random facts:
Home property taxes:  2.6% of AGI
For comparison, Mortgage interest: 5% of AGI  (I refinanced a month ago though - this will be much lower next year)

social security/medicare: 6.3%/ 1.47% AGI (note that because some benefits are not in AGI, but are in FICA, this is not the 6.20%/1.45% that is expected)
Again for comparison: My out-of-pocket health care premiums are about 3.6% AGI.

A rough estimate is that 30% of my AGI is subject to sales tax - which in my state at 6% means 1.8% of my AGI is sales tax.  If ALL my available AGI was subject to sales tax, sales tax would only go to 4.8% of my AGI, so not much difference.

Spoiler: Regarding "Fair Tax" (click to show/hide)

This is a total tax burden of about 21-22%.

I really don't understand why people scream about high taxes in the US.

I'm sort of curious what others' total tax burdens are.

(For those not in the US, AGI is "adjusted gross income" - it is wages plus interest/dividends/business income, minus some specific classes of losses and expenses; for me it is health care premiums because I don't have anything "complex.")
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44838 on: April 17, 2021, 01:10:03 am »

And Amazon paid negative recently.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44839 on: April 17, 2021, 08:08:30 am »

https://twitter.com/TXCivilRights/status/1382113593118883851

More news on the border wall construction going full-speed ahead.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44840 on: April 17, 2021, 08:20:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:25:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44841 on: April 17, 2021, 08:31:41 am »

This is a total tax burden of about 21-22%.
I really don't understand why people scream about high taxes in the US.

21-22% is REALLY low tax rate. People on the minimum wage spectrum over here pay about 40% of their income to taxes and (mandatory) health care insurance. If you're at median income, make that 50%, if you earn even more, think 70%.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44842 on: April 17, 2021, 08:39:46 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:25:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44843 on: April 17, 2021, 08:43:56 am »

Probably Ireland

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44844 on: April 17, 2021, 08:59:42 am »

Make yourself a protected trademark, then pay a 100% of your income to yourself in licensing fees. Or was that ireland?

I think that's quite a few places. The US allows it for large corporations. Sweden allowed the similar "give 100% of your income to a charity that exists to support your company" and it prevents the government from looking at their finances to prove IKEA isn't a charity.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44845 on: April 17, 2021, 12:46:10 pm »

Probably Ireland
Untile Ireland changed its rules to not need it, apparently a Double Irish (or Single Malt) tax-'creative' scheme was quite often paired with something like a Dutch Sandwich...

(Not that I can remember the details, though I have heard it explained comprehendably once. I think the more people know how they work, the less likely it is that they do. It's Quantum, I suspect.)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44846 on: April 17, 2021, 01:50:34 pm »

Where is your god old tresspassers will be shot,  I mean the construction sureely have a mexican tint so it's a double win nah?! Property rights only so long as they dont intefere with more shittier projects.
I'm assuming this post was for me... EDIT: Please call me out using my nickname, and leave my gods, those Greek philosophers and them that perpetuated their work, out of it

This is the best I could find for the court data.... where this family's property includes 6.6 acres of the 27.4 acres seized.

This is a google map of the area where property is being seized (4109 S.Conway Ave is the mailing address from the court data). If the link will not refresh properly with an F5, then searching on google maps for "4109 S Conway Ave, Mission, TX 78572" and clicking the Satellite button will find it. That square loop of road (labelled Conway) is only about 0.5 acres, so, I am not sure where remainder of the 6.6 acres actually is.

What I know about "eminent domain land seizure" in the USA is google; like no one actually owns the land, they only own "rights" to it, including the right to compensation and the right to contest. So that family is receiving payment of some sort.

The history of eminent domain land seizures in the USA is probably bad overall. "Eminent domain land seizure" was used by states to seize property in a city's minority neighborhoods to build overhead highways, which devalues the entire neighborhood (pollutions), and limits access into that neighborhood allowing for traffic-stops to specifically target traffic from those neighborhoods <-- part of the institutional racism problem that was intentionally implemented in the 1950's by the white politicians and white businessmen of the local state and city committees.

Two questions I pondered but do not want to take the time to answer... does that section of the river relatively cause more deaths than other sections? And, is that section of river being used heavily for illegal traffic?

So, is the seizure wrong? Maybe... Find some more information.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:08:14 pm by anewaname »
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44847 on: April 18, 2021, 03:48:29 am »

According to the FSB, the Russian secret service prevented an assasination attempt on the life of Belarus president Loekasjenko.
Two men have been arrested, one is a US citizen.

EDIT: meanwhile, the UK is sending two warships to the black sea in response to the Russian troop build-up at the Ukrainian border.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 03:55:18 am by martinuzz »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44848 on: April 18, 2021, 06:19:19 am »

<TheGoonShow>We're going to send a Gunboat!</TheGoonShow>

(As this is AmeriPol, I don't think that'll make as much sense. Nor will talking of date fertiliser or Little Ji-iiiiiim! But definitely my first thoughts.)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44849 on: April 18, 2021, 09:53:26 am »

As this is AmeriPol, I don't think that'll make as much sense.

I don't wish to know that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2988 2989 [2990] 2991 2992 ... 3566