Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2975 2976 [2977] 2978 2979 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4221578 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #44640 on: April 02, 2021, 02:57:40 pm »

Gentlemen, you can't Russia here! This is the America room!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44641 on: April 02, 2021, 02:58:59 pm »

It's quite possible my newspapers missed it because all the news is currently dominated by our government formation having gone terribly awry.

EDIT: but yeah, Ameripol.
What the hell happened at the Capitol today? One police officer dead, one attacker dead...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:01:13 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44642 on: April 02, 2021, 03:00:15 pm »

russia will russia wherever russia damn well pleases!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44643 on: April 02, 2021, 03:06:07 pm »

So another person attacked the US Capitol today- rammed a barricade (and potentially officers?) in a car, then came out with a knife. Suspect dead, one officer dead, another officer currently hospitalized.

News reporting that the suspect is a 25-year old [edit: edited out the 'white', don't think that's known yet] guy from Indiana; more details probably to come in time.

Edit edit: Law enforcement officials say that "he is a follower of the Nation of Islam and posted about losing his job and looking for spiritual guidance."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:10:52 pm by Dostoevsky »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #44644 on: April 02, 2021, 03:16:53 pm »

Well Biden has already come out to reaffirm support to Ukraine on this, so if anything happens America is pretty likely gonna get involved in some manner
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44645 on: April 02, 2021, 04:18:15 pm »

Looks like more white people laying siege to the capitol...well..."person". Likely a trump supporter, but we'll see. I'm on my phone headed out, but thought I'd post the update. Hopefully more info comes out about it, but I bet it was a trump lunatic still angry.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44646 on: April 02, 2021, 05:27:30 pm »

or somebody who has the same name voted allready so go fuck yourself.

Isn't that a thing that using an ID could solve?

Looks like more white people laying siege to the capitol...well..."person". Likely a trump supporter, but we'll see. I'm on my phone headed out, but thought I'd post the update. Hopefully more info comes out about it, but I bet it was a trump lunatic still angry.

White Trump supporter (pictured):
[removed image]
(Definitely not a Nation of Islam / Black Power supporter. Source: Facebook)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 05:39:42 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44647 on: April 02, 2021, 06:15:02 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:14:57 pm by dragdeler »
let

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44648 on: April 02, 2021, 07:36:27 pm »

The whole "look at all these fradulent dead votes" thing rolled out by the Trumpy circles was (easily) shown to be very often a same-name-different-address issue where the actual voter was legit and not even anything to do with the dead potential-voter trawled up in a misguided global search (or, in one case, son-clearly-got-marked-down-under-father's-name). There's plenty of scope for some samenamedness to crop up, whether exploited deliberately or accidentally fallen into if you're determined to find such a case...

(The way it works over here, I think I'd have to be on the voter-roll as having the same name and address as someone else to stumble into my voting slip actually being associated with the information of someone else, unless the staff really mess up. I've seen how carefully they go through their process, though, as I roll up to vote, whether I'm in a slack time with no others having bothered them for a while or I've had to tag onto a rush-hour queue of dozens of others. I have actually read the "instructions for polling staff" documents, within the last few years (( for reasons I forget now, but I think it actually might have been for "what to do if the 'same person' turns up twice", as that's what I mostly remember learning most about )) and they're pretty much as thorough as I could expect short of actually requiring ID, which I still maintain seems not to invalidate UK elections by its absence.)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44649 on: April 02, 2021, 07:53:44 pm »

It really sucks you people (generalizing the whole country) fixed with the color of the skin and why is has been exacerbated or revealed so much lately.

That fucker killed a cop and commited a crime, he could be green for all that matters. He's a criminal and its all that matter.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44650 on: April 02, 2021, 08:47:48 pm »

Bumber: Don't post pictures of dead people recently allegedly involved in violent incidents.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44651 on: April 02, 2021, 09:34:48 pm »

CNN's argument against ID is: "Filling out a voter ID form is too hard, African Americans may not understand"

facepalm

I can at least get behind the other stuff but this is just literally racist.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44652 on: April 02, 2021, 09:49:16 pm »

If that's "some people may not understand the terms 'first name' and 'family name', and may even get them the wrong way round", I think that's indeed a patronising argument.

If it's "one of the fields snuck onto the form is the one which must be signed by the applicant's golf-club chairman or ivy-league professor to validate the application", then I think that'd be a problem that needs to be called out.

(I imagine that it's actually somewhere between the two. But where? Do you have more context?)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #44653 on: April 03, 2021, 07:17:17 am »

CNN's argument against ID is: "Filling out a voter ID form is too hard, African Americans may not understand"

facepalm

I can at least get behind the other stuff but this is just literally racist.
What is politics? A miserable little pile of hypocrisy.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #44654 on: April 03, 2021, 08:26:08 am »

I’m also curious regarding that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 2975 2976 [2977] 2978 2979 ... 3566