Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2909 2910 [2911] 2912 2913 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4241579 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43650 on: January 28, 2021, 10:52:38 am »

I'd still want to live in the USA instead of this bullshit country, nothing about it is better than America, it sucks.

I would hope that the beer is better as it is in most countries, if it's any consolation.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43651 on: January 28, 2021, 10:59:49 am »

And chocolate, and cheese, and..

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #43652 on: January 28, 2021, 11:13:12 am »

I'd still want to live in the USA instead of this bullshit country, nothing about it is better than America, it sucks.

I would hope that the beer is better as it is in most countries, if it's any consolation.
It's decent. Never tried beer in any other country as I haven't been abroad, really.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43654 on: January 28, 2021, 11:29:49 am »

American domestic beer is a joke.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43655 on: January 28, 2021, 12:27:01 pm »

Behold, the patch of soil and pulverized meat where a dead horse once lay.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #43656 on: January 28, 2021, 02:13:37 pm »

And chocolate, and cheese, and..

Wisconsin cheese is very good.

So isWisconsin beer for that matter.

Then again most folks here are of German and Scandinavian stock so that makes sense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43657 on: January 28, 2021, 02:25:28 pm »

Though to be fair, when you say "American cheese" that could mean cheese from the US in general, or it could refer to the type of mixed cheese referred to as American cheese that's considered the definitive example of shitty plastic cheese. I'm aware that the concept predates modern processed cheese but unlike cheddar, swiss, etc the non-processed variant seems to be vanishingly rare such that American cheese is almost always processed singles.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43658 on: January 28, 2021, 02:26:34 pm »

US bears are terrible.  Russian bears are pretty bad too, I hear they can't even beat Putin in a fair fight.

A real man drinks polar bear. Ice cold polar bear.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43659 on: January 28, 2021, 02:39:33 pm »

There are also plenty of very decent microbreweries in the US. It's just that the "really really big" breweries like Coors, Miller and Budweiser are generally pretty bleh, so all of US beer gets a bad rap.

Great Divide, Stone, Tenaya Creek... All quite decent.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43660 on: January 28, 2021, 06:18:12 pm »

Back to more 'normal' Ameripol topics, House minority leader McCarthy made the pilgrimage to Mar-a-lago today to kiss the ring of Trump, pose for a picture together, and together issue statements about how Trump and Republicans will save America from the Democrats. To quote Rep. McCarthy:

Today, President Trump committed to helping elect Republicans in the House and Senate in 2022. A Republican majority will listen to our fellow Americans and solve the challenges facing our nation. Democrats, on the other hand, have only put forward an agenda that divides us — such as impeaching a President who is now a private citizen and destroying blue-collar energy jobs. For the sake of our country, the radical Democrat agenda must be stopped.

And, to quote Trump:

They discussed many topics, number one of which was taking back the House in 2022. President Trump’s popularity has never been stronger than it is today, and his endorsement means more than perhaps any endorsement at any time.

President Trump has agreed to work with Leader McCarthy on helping the Republican Party to become a majority in the House. They worked very well together in the last election and picked up at least 15 seats when most predicted it would be the opposite. They will do so again, and the work has already started.

So we had... about three weeks since the 6th, or just one week after inauguration, for things to return to 'normal'.

(And, on beers, the big names aren't great but there's a great diversity of options and smaller brewers - and plenty of foreign brews available too. Kind of like a microcosm for America, complete with most of the big-name brands actually being owned by a handful of multinational titans.)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43661 on: January 28, 2021, 07:08:46 pm »

There are still plenty of Trump true believers left.  Maybe most of them.  My aunt still believes that Trump is the best president we've ever had, and that Biden "has something wrong with him."  And the local Alex Jones I know still thinks that Trump will lead a revolution from Mar-a-lago somehow, that Italy's government found a guy "flipping votes from Trump to Biden, but the news isn't covering it" and that Nancy Pelosi has been arrested and is currently serving time in Guantanamo Bay.

Not a lot has changed in my experience.  Not looking forward to Trump 2024.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 07:11:32 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #43662 on: January 28, 2021, 07:13:13 pm »

How quick the tune changed. I thought they’d wait at least a few months before going “nah, Trump didn't encourage the assault on the center of government.”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43663 on: January 28, 2021, 07:19:27 pm »

How quick the tune changed. I thought they’d wait at least a few months before going “nah, Trump didn't encourage the assault on the center of government.”

Only took McCarthy a few days on that one, then he moved to 'Aren't we all responsible, really?'

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43664 on: January 28, 2021, 08:11:14 pm »

I predict Trump's health, mental or otherwise, is going to start tanking in the next couple of years.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2909 2910 [2911] 2912 2913 ... 3568