Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2877 2878 [2879] 2880 2881 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4244674 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #43170 on: January 10, 2021, 02:26:27 pm »

I propose we go back to having no language and clubbing each other for the best cave and fruit trees.
Some of us can’t climb, also how will we do organ transplants when needed?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43171 on: January 10, 2021, 02:34:06 pm »

You joke, but Anarcho-primitivism is a real political ideology. The flaws are pretty obvious xD
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:37:05 pm by MorleyDev »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43172 on: January 10, 2021, 02:35:03 pm »

Yep, back when I had Facebook, it showed me an anarchy primitivism group for some reason, have no idea why

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43173 on: January 10, 2021, 02:37:09 pm »

I declare anarcho-primitivism to be too technological in nature, using the post-industrial society ideology of anarchism. We must instead return to primordial soup.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43174 on: January 10, 2021, 02:42:11 pm »

I declare anarcho-primitivism to be too technological in nature, using the post-industrial society ideology of anarchism. We must instead return to primordial soup.

Reject monke, return to protozoa?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43175 on: January 10, 2021, 02:42:28 pm »

I think the closest one can get to that turning the whole body into cancer cells, a likely very painful process

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43176 on: January 10, 2021, 02:44:41 pm »

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Clearly we need to return to the point of singularity.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43177 on: January 10, 2021, 02:47:43 pm »

I don't want a government-run website, since there's no way in hell I'm trusting the government to not spy on or abuse the users.

I'd trust people who I have the power to take power away from, and who has to be the in public eye, more than I'd trust a corporation, who's success is based heavily on how much they exploit people. There is no reason to think YouTube isn't spying on you, and simply selling it to whoever pays. Or passes bills for them.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43178 on: January 10, 2021, 02:50:14 pm »

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Clearly we need to return to the point of singularity.
Black hole time

Journey to the center of the galaxy

I don't want a government-run website, since there's no way in hell I'm trusting the government to not spy on or abuse the users.

I'd trust people who I have the power to take power away from, and who has to be the in public eye, more than I'd trust a corporation, who's success is based heavily on how much they exploit people. There is no reason to think YouTube isn't spying on you, and simply selling it to whoever pays. Or passes bills for them.
The government’s more or less listening to companies anyway, I don’t think much would change sadly

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43179 on: January 10, 2021, 02:50:53 pm »

Well not like I can prove it and if I did, probably still wouldn't offer proof since like to keep personal stuff...but um...

so my friend who I thought was a hardcore liberal, who has participated in the protests last year for BLM (though he participated in the very small violent part of those protests where he looted gamestop and a bunch of electronic stores with his friends (edit: Though this I didn't find out until I went to his place on christmas, before I thought it was just random stuff), he never got charged though for it)...well...

Now I think he is a god damn traitor who only went there to cause violence and get free stuff. Cause I do remember going to his place in christmas, and he suddenly had this amazing pc setup and a whole bunch of console games. I only know he participated with that and I already knew he looted stuff cause he told me, but I didn't know he stole very expensive stuff. Dunno why he never got charged since he said he looked right at the cameras. Anyway that is not the point...

He f**** took part in the riots in DC. I don't think he actually went in the capitol which is probably lucky for him if he actually didn't (I don't think he did, he said he didn't, but he said he threw this fire stuff or something I was too angry to really listen on the phone when he said went to DC), but he was there with his cousin and uncle. And now I think he was a stupid trump supporter this entire time, despite spending years always ranting and complaining about him and saying how much trump is a nazi and mafia boss. Or maybe he doesn't care about these protests and riots and is only going to them to get free loot and cause destruction or whatever it is he is doing at them. Maybe he just goes to whatever protest is convenient and he has no side. I dunno, don't care. But I am so angry

Safe to say, I blocked him on steam and his phone number, blocked his moms phone number as well and I will be very glad to never be a friend of his again. This is a friend I have had since highschool, now I'm 32...that is a long time. And then this. I am beyond angry...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:57:21 pm by The_Explorer »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43180 on: January 10, 2021, 02:58:03 pm »

Not strictly related to the topic, but Archive.org is sustaining over 50 petabytes of data on nonprofit donations. That's pretty amazing, and it at least makes me optimistic for the viability of other noncommercial sites.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43181 on: January 10, 2021, 04:14:48 pm »

Black hole time
HIghly compressed matter? Phooey.

...we should revert to when all this was fields.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43182 on: January 10, 2021, 04:31:47 pm »

Black hole time
HIghly compressed matter? Phooey.

...we should revert to when all this was fields.
It still is, matter just has very high wave functions

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43183 on: January 10, 2021, 04:55:34 pm »

You joke,
I was not.

Erhh I mean, Ooga.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43184 on: January 10, 2021, 08:33:39 pm »

It looks like the thing I changed my personal text to last night was a premonition of this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 2877 2878 [2879] 2880 2881 ... 3569