Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2862 2863 [2864] 2865 2866 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245882 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42945 on: January 06, 2021, 07:54:47 pm »

Supposedly the broadcast he made telling people to stand down (while also saying the election was stolen and egging his supporters on in the doing it while not doing it in the way he always does) on facebook and youtube were also taken down and his account suspended on those platforms too.

He literally ended it with "I love you" >:V

I saw his last tweet, too, before it got taken down. It was pretty bad stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42946 on: January 06, 2021, 08:08:56 pm »

Has any particular organization claimed responsibility for organizing this?
There were banners for a lot of groups. Proud Boys, militia movement, some neonazi groups, it goes on.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42947 on: January 06, 2021, 08:18:36 pm »

They seem to have begun arresting rioters

Newly sworn-in MPD Chief Robert Contee said during a Wednesday evening press conference that police arrested “just above” 13 people and recovered “approximately” five weapons.

“I should add a very important note here that none of the arrests that occurred were D.C. residents,” Contee said. “All of the individuals who were arrested were from out of area.”
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42948 on: January 06, 2021, 08:49:05 pm »

They seem to have begun arresting rioters

Newly sworn-in MPD Chief Robert Contee said during a Wednesday evening press conference that police arrested “just above” 13 people and recovered “approximately” five weapons.

“I should add a very important note here that none of the arrests that occurred were D.C. residents,” Contee said. “All of the individuals who were arrested were from out of area.”

"13"

As twitter pointed out, 1000s were arrested in the BLM protests

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42949 on: January 06, 2021, 08:50:54 pm »

Watching the senate now.  At least one senator (A georgia senator) who intended to object to the election results has changed her mind.  Lots of senators condemning trump and the rioters, and a lot of inspiring speeches.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42950 on: January 06, 2021, 08:53:07 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:22:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42951 on: January 06, 2021, 08:54:25 pm »

Yea I should have put quotes around that. I think a good number of these folks are just vying to be quoted in history books looking back on today.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42952 on: January 06, 2021, 09:03:05 pm »

Watching the senate now.  At least one senator (A georgia senator) who intended to object to the election results has changed her mind.  Lots of senators condemning trump and the rioters, and a lot of inspiring speeches.
Wait, what? I thought both senators from Georgia were newly-elected democrats. Why would they be objecting to the election results?

Or is this one of the old senators?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42953 on: January 06, 2021, 09:07:23 pm »

Yes, one of the old senators, Loeffler. She's the richest Senator and one of the most far-right.

Or she was, anyway.  :)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42954 on: January 06, 2021, 09:13:59 pm »

The Texas Democratic Party used the t-word, calling on Ted Cruz to be impeached and charged with treason.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42955 on: January 06, 2021, 09:26:10 pm »

The Texas Democratic Party used the t-word, calling on Ted Cruz to be impeached and charged with treason.

Is Cruz still raising a stink over Trump losing, or did he finally waffle on it after all this?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42956 on: January 06, 2021, 09:58:58 pm »

Whaaa... did Lindsey Graham just give that speech?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42957 on: January 06, 2021, 10:03:10 pm »

I heard it too! And there was Mitt Romney looking like he was going to light Hawley on fire with his eyes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42958 on: January 06, 2021, 10:13:44 pm »

Yeah... not sure what to make of that Graham speech.  Besides the fundamentalist establishment Republican taking some glee and flair in finally tossing the skeezy maverick aside.

I'm not sure what we're waiting on, the vote sounded pretty good - oh, there it goes, 6-93.  The objection failed, and... according to McConnell the House will take until 11:30-midnight.  So, pretty good news I guess.  I'll have to watch the rest of the stream later to hear some of those 6.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42959 on: January 06, 2021, 10:41:02 pm »

Y'know, a part of me wants to think this could've been orchestrated in some way (or atleast encouraged) by the GOP as a way to cut ties with the Trumpists while not only saving face but looking positively saintly while doing it. Think about it, the fuckers practically washed their hands of the last 4 years of sucking on orange turds ass. You think anyone will remember it over this? Fuck no, the political memory is that of a goldfish. Hell, I'd be surprised if they didn't start playing the victim card in all this, like the fucks didn't know exactly what they were doing all along.

I just wonder how many would've condemned the whole thing if it was successful and they felt they could get away with it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 2862 2863 [2864] 2865 2866 ... 3569