Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2858 2859 [2860] 2861 2862 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4246048 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42885 on: January 06, 2021, 04:32:42 pm »

Really, I’m surprised I haven’t heard of any cops switching sides yet, considering Trump’s whole ”law and order” schtick, and all of 2020. Should we be happy they seemingly value the American political establishment and some kind of policiary loyalty more than the lives of black civilians?

Of course, if no one has to die that’s the best outcome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42886 on: January 06, 2021, 04:34:13 pm »

Really, I’m surprised I haven’t heard of any cops switching sides yet, considering Trump’s whole ”law and order” schtick, and all of 2020. Should we be happy they seemingly value the American political establishment and some kind of policiary loyalty more than the lives of black civilians?

Of course, if no one has to die that’s the best outcome.
There's a video making the rounds of a cop taking selfies with MAGAs, plus another of the cops moving the barriers to let the would-be-coupers in.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42887 on: January 06, 2021, 04:37:53 pm »

hahahaha I mean, this is just awful.  and funny.  And awful funny.

People are out there losing their minds in the capitol, and theyre out there behind their desktops losing their minds.  I cannot believe they didn't take him more seriously.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42888 on: January 06, 2021, 04:42:13 pm »

I'm sad that I have lived to see such a day...
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42890 on: January 06, 2021, 04:45:44 pm »

What, you're sad to see the day rednecks boiled over? I'm not happy to see this day but I'm not counting it as a black mark against America. Just a black mark against some Americans who are gullible, hateful morons with too many guns and not enough brain cells or decency.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #42891 on: January 06, 2021, 04:46:24 pm »

Trump's response

Stop trying to help!
ffs...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42892 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:04 pm »

I'm still torn between hoping some of those protesters are stupid enough to try and take on the National Guard, and knowing that shit's going to get worse if they do that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42893 on: January 06, 2021, 04:53:07 pm »

I wish I had your optimism that this is simply just some folks who "boiled over" and it will all be fine as soon as the news cycle finishes.

The ramifications from this, even if the crowd is dispersed more or less peaceably, are going to be terrible.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42894 on: January 06, 2021, 04:54:38 pm »

What, you're sad to see the day rednecks boiled over? I'm not happy to see this day but I'm not counting it as a black mark against America. Just a black mark against some Americans who are gullible, hateful morons with too many guns and not enough brain cells or decency.

Many years ago it wasn't apparent to me how numerous and influential they were.  I was happier with that lack of knowledge, and I'll never be able to return to that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42895 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:08 pm »

We can't just blame this on the poor whites (rednecks). We have the data. It's not just them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42896 on: January 06, 2021, 05:03:58 pm »

Reports now saying it was Pence who activated National Guard, not Trump
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42897 on: January 06, 2021, 05:06:02 pm »

Pence. Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need?

We can't just blame this on the poor whites (rednecks). We have the data. It's not just them.

Support for Trump != showing up at the capitol armed and storming buildings. Those are people who don't feel they have anything to lose, or they don't care what they lose. You can pretty much call the demographics those people fall in. You don't see people with $1 million in assets out there risking their asses for a political stunt or paroxysms of political violence.

Many years ago it wasn't apparent to me how numerous and influential they were.  I was happier with that lack of knowledge, and I'll never be able to return to that.

It's easy to view a mob and be overwhelmed by their sheer numbers, to inflate their influence just by the sheer size of the crowd. Consider that if you combined all the people in America who aren't about this shit and put them on the street, the mob in DC would barely be a drop of water in the ocean.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:09:02 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42898 on: January 06, 2021, 05:08:46 pm »

The Texas Republican Party has disavowed the insurrection, and fired their Sergeant In Arms for supporting it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42899 on: January 06, 2021, 05:09:02 pm »

Mm. OK, point taken nenjin. I was thinking more broadly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2858 2859 [2860] 2861 2862 ... 3569