Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2853 2854 [2855] 2856 2857 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4249444 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #42810 on: January 05, 2021, 04:55:31 pm »

[...]
Wait wait- apparently Prestwick airport was told to expect Trump's military 757 on the 19th!  Haha, that's as horrifying as it is funny!
I actually think it more possible that Trump will be called to defend himself in court if residing in Scotland than if staying in the US (leaving aside the issue of civil vs criminal). But then Prestwick is a stop-off airstrip, so I don't think he'll be bunkering down (either way) at Turnberry, and it'll be somewhere else he'll head to[1]. If it's reality and not pure fiction of course.

[1] Maybe transfering to a separate charter flight, if he hasn't got one of his own jets in/arriving at the airport. Anyone keeping track of what planes/pilots he still 'privately' has, and if they're doing anything interesting? For some possible destinations, I could see the USAF and its crews not being to keen blindly follow orders, though, so if it's actually going that far then he ought to have been thinking (or had others thinking) about the logistics. Also issues with the SS detail.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42811 on: January 05, 2021, 04:56:53 pm »

II found a conspiracy website, maybe even through Bay12.  Anyhoo, there was a long-period comet due to pass by, and this website was all about how the angels were riding in it, to come beam us up.  Because (of course), the Earth was going to transcend to a higher consciousness
Ah, sounds like the classic "Heaven's Gate" belief that they must catch the spaceship behind Hale-Bopp, advance to the level above human  and leave the Earth before it's recycled.

Their website is still up, even after all those years
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #42812 on: January 05, 2021, 10:54:57 pm »

Anyways, I'm assuming that even after the 6th there's going to be continued push for martial law / rebellion up until inauguration, at which point it may well just shift to the next Trump Master Plan.

"You see, the plan was to lose the election all along so the evil cultist atheist satan-worshipping Democrats overplay their hand and reveal their true intentions allowing Trump to win in 2024 and crush them once and for all! 6D chess!"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42813 on: January 05, 2021, 11:30:14 pm »

For those following at home, polls closed at 8pm, barring a few locations where technical delays led to a court-mandated 3 hour extension. Results are coming in and... so far not amazing for Republicans. Results are looking very similar to November, but with democrats slightly improving from then. As of right now Warnock has just taken the lead in his race and with most results from De Kalb County remaining, a few have called it for Warnock (Decision Desk most prominently). Purdue still leads unlike Loeffler, but he stares down oblivion on the needle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42814 on: January 06, 2021, 04:05:14 am »

I'm going to bed, but with Ossoff now leading by a larger margin than Biden's in November, I think it's over. Both Democrats have won. The Senate is now 50+1/50
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42815 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:44 am »

I'm just waking up, and yeah, looks like major/lots of folks are saying every sign points to a two-fer for the Democratic party in GA. Guess theoretically there's still room for weirdness, but that seems to be getting increasingly less likely.

Here's hoping, getting that goddamned turtle off the senate majority seat could make a fucking huge difference for how the senate functions for a couple of years at minimum.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42816 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:31 am »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42817 on: January 06, 2021, 08:58:41 am »

Iran threatened to fly a plane into the Capitol on Wednesday when Congress meets. If they do make an attempt then I hope you guys kick their teeth in. Like that would basically be declaring war and it would be stupid to not fight back.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42818 on: January 06, 2021, 09:04:46 am »

The mere threat would be considered an act of war by many.

Granted it would be kind of fun to see so many politics busted at the same time, but since pthey are human beings [citation needed] it would also be a tragedy.

Now, IF Iran does it with a plane filled with all Venezuelan politics inside it would be less of  tragedy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42820 on: January 06, 2021, 10:45:35 am »

Iran threatened to fly a plane into the Capitol on Wednesday when Congress meets. If they do make an attempt then I hope you guys kick their teeth in. Like that would basically be declaring war and it would be stupid to not fight back.
[citation needed]

The only reference I see at all is a message to air traffic controllers (which is pretty easy for randos to do, apparently) no one knows where came from and official response has publicly stated isn't credible, which is about as "iran" as my tortoiseshell  cat's left nut.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42821 on: January 06, 2021, 10:46:13 am »

Meanwhile, slightly further away from the Tom Clancy world[1], Trump has just (via the BLM he does like) released Arctic National Wildlife Refuge land for oil exploration.

Expect that to be nixed pretty quickly (but I bet he/his family financially pre-positioned feelers to benefit from any auction refunds that this inevitably requires).

[1] Kamala gets an unexpectedly Jack Ryan-like promotion?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42822 on: January 06, 2021, 11:38:17 am »

There's no way the threat from Iran is credible and actually from Iran.  They know that the US has been begging for a reason to go to war with them forever, and that they would not win such a war.  Nor would they give warning about doing it if they planned to.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42823 on: January 06, 2021, 11:59:17 am »

That's why I said "if an attempt is made". In the meantime be more alert just in case.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42824 on: January 06, 2021, 12:04:05 pm »

There's no way the threat from Iran is credible and actually from Iran.
False flag incoming?  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 2853 2854 [2855] 2856 2857 ... 3569