Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2786 2787 [2788] 2789 2790 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4231427 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41805 on: November 10, 2020, 10:19:47 am »

It's a person or people. Q communicates through Q Drops.

The "drops" are signed with a digital signature called a tripcode. These codes work in a manner similar to how bitcoin validation works, public and private keys. Anyone with the private key can generate a validation code, and the validation code is quick to validate, but if you don't know the private key it would take years of processing time to generate a validation code by brute force, so it's not 100% secure but it's secure enough that you'd need significant processing time on a supercomputer to make a fake code.

EDIT: I should add that the clues in Q Drops are called "crumbs" and there are people called Q "bakers" who take the crumbs and stick them together into ludicrous additional theories, no matter how tenuous which they then call "bread". So being a baker and sharing or coming up with new theories is how QAnons get involved in the movement. It's been noted that this is a more modern take on conspiracies, since it's interactive, compared to say Alex Jones where you're just consuming his content and he really doesn't want you to do anything or get involved in anything, he just wants you to keep consuming. So, when Q bakers come up with crazy stuff like the alien time machines and secret (literal) underground wars going on beneath the cities between Trump's US marine loyalists and the forces of Hillary Clintons satanic lizard people, Q will then make allusions to those things in future Q drops and those people will feel validated and have their standing in Q circles rise.

"Q" may changed hands over the years, there was some infighting between them and some "Q adjacent" minor Republican pundits. Q basically said if you hear anything from those pundits then it's a lie and it's fake. One theory with some evidence to back it up, is that those minor pundits knew who Q is/was and they fell out, so Q was getting in beforehand to prime his Q followers to defame them as Deep State saboteurs, so if those other pundits ever expose who's really behind Q, they were already pre-discredited with the Q cult people.

So Q posts anonymously, first on 4Chan then on 8Chan when he got booted off 4Chan, then on 8kun when Cloudfare and everyone else basically blacklisted 8Chan, and he or they use the code system to validate themselves. Q actually really fucked up, Q originally stated they would only ever post on 8chan, and that if anyone else posted as Q anywhere else, that was fake Q. However, then 8chan got shut down, so Q was fucked. Q couldn't post anywhere else because that would either make Q a fake or a liar, and show that Q wasn't the genius mastermind he claimed to be. So Q then worked with the 8Chan owners to get 8Kun running as the official successor to 8Chan. Some, including the original creator of 8Chan theorize that the actual Q at the moment is the current head of 8Chan/8Kun Jim Watkins and/or people associated with him. This Jim Watkins guy certainly tried to cash in on the whole thing and was closely involved in getting Q back on the web.

EDIT let me suggest a podcast that's all about Q and how it works.
https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/qanon-anonymous-podcast-episode-86-saving-the-mole-children-from-tunnels-under-central-park
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:31:05 am by Reelya »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41806 on: November 10, 2020, 10:23:33 am »

(Ninjaed) I reckon Q is a cousin of Nicolas Bourbaki.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41807 on: November 10, 2020, 10:35:40 am »

But is it a person?

Q is everyone, and yet nobody
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41808 on: November 10, 2020, 10:41:48 am »

To give an idea of how dumb Q drops are, say one Q drop mentioned eating cheese and a big nose, the "bakers" would work out that the big nose represents the Jews, hence George Soros, and who are the cheese eaters if not the French, thus Canada, so naturally what Q is saying is that George Soros kidnapped 662 Canadian children, because the drop happened on the 66th day of the year at 2 pm exactly, and killed and ate them in a satanic ritual with Justin Trudeau. It's quite amazing the amount of information the bakers can extract from a couple of words. I'm not kidding about the date/time thing either, sometimes they've used the actual second that something was posted as part of the clues.

https://www.qproofs.com/q-clock.html

To give an idea, they put all the Q drops onto a spiral thing called the Q Clock, and then they do one of those a ley-line / "Bible Code" type manipulations where they take words and numbers out of Trump tweets and show how these line up with things on the Q Clocks to make sort of Oracle of Delphi type mystical predictions, claiming Trump's in on it and the clues in the Trump tweets are deliberate, i.e. that Trumps a master cryptographic puzzle creator doing it on purpose. Here's a finished Q Clock proof:

So, here, the amount of senate seats that Republicans won in 2018 was apparently part of a code. Then then cross referenced a Q Drop that also says 53-47 as if Q made some magically prediction. However, the Q Drop in question was after the election. This is then "validate" by point out that numbers such as 14, 16, and 11 also appear in different places on the giant sheet of numbers they made by putting every date and time that over 3000 posts by Q were made occurred.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:53:39 am by Reelya »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41809 on: November 10, 2020, 10:53:22 am »

So it's gematria for stupid people. Really, really stupid people.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41810 on: November 10, 2020, 10:57:13 am »

I blame Andrew Hussie for ending Homestuck /s

A lot of this does remind me of fandom speculation, though.  Or like an ARG.  It's a lot of fun to invent theories, share them, and wait for (or dig up) confirmation.  I've let such things fill up a scary amount of my mind before, to the point of influencing the way I frame the real world.

Fortunately Durandal and Davepetasprite don't want me to take up arms against a pizza parlor.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41811 on: November 10, 2020, 11:00:25 am »

So it's gematria for stupid people. Really, really stupid people.

Yeah basically. Note how in that Q Clock example they picked the second that the post happened "14" and then showed that when you put a line through where the number 14 appears on the inner rim of the QClock and draw a line out to the date where Trump's tweet occurs, it passes through the center of the clock. Coincidence? Of course not!

What I think the theory here is supposed to be is that Q knew the date that Trump would post that 53-47 tweet, so he made his 53-47 tweet at exactly 14 seconds past a minute, so that later the people making Q Clocks could draw that line and realize Q had accurately predicted when Trump would make that specific tweet. And they call this a ... qproof. This is probably one of the more compelling qproofs too. Note how Q apparently never fucking predicts anything important that actually happens, so they've settled on him having precognition of fucking stupid tweets!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #41812 on: November 10, 2020, 11:01:08 am »

This reads like one of those ”illuminati is real” memes that were popular back in... 2013 maybe?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #41813 on: November 10, 2020, 11:02:13 am »

Quote from: Max Cohen from the movie Pi
1. Mathematics is the language of nature.
2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
3. If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge.
Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature.

In simpler words, you can contrive a pattern in anything if you try hard enough.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41814 on: November 10, 2020, 11:02:35 am »

they've settled on him having precognition of fucking stupid tweets!
Hey, what a man does in his own time is up to him.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41815 on: November 10, 2020, 11:05:52 am »

This is what the Qanon nonsense is about? I just figured it was a forum for ultra right wing types, like Stormfront or whatever, but this is just plain nutty.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41816 on: November 10, 2020, 11:07:04 am »

It gives me a headfog
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41817 on: November 10, 2020, 11:10:30 am »

I blame Andrew Hussie for ending Homestuck /s

Homestuck is still going, in the form of the epilogues, which then proceed into Homestuck^2. There's also some Steam games that are of tangential canonicity.

Now, if you look at all that and conclude that you want to believe that none of that is real and that Homestuck ended in 2016, well I wouldn't blame you.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #41818 on: November 10, 2020, 11:11:11 am »

It's that deadly mixture of trolls and crazy people, where slowly but surely the crazy people start to outnumber the trolls.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41819 on: November 10, 2020, 11:14:23 am »

I highly recommend the Mole Children bit, it's explained in that episode of the podcast I linked.

Quite a few QAnon followers were convinced that there are secret tunnels under central park, where Hillary  Clinton's secret satanic Democrat cabal (QAnons just say "The Cabal" literally as the evil masterminds) was harvesting children for their dark rituals. When some Covid related medical tents went up in the park, that was really Trump's doing as his commandos had gone down in the tunnels and fought the evil subterranean Democrat satanic forces to save the deformed "mole children", and that medical ship that was moored in New York? That's where Trump took the rescued kiddies.

But none of this has been revealed as they know that the public isn't ready for these revelations, so Trump's buddy is secretly posting on 8chan about it to recruit a vanguard of people able to keep this knowledge, and on the day of the "Great Awakening" Trump will reveal all, and the QAnons will finally get respect from their ubelieving family and friends.

And Hillary etc will all be sent to Guantanamo Bay, face military tribunal, and be executed for their evil child-eating pedo satanic ways. The bit about "y'all going to Gitmo" features heavily for anyone deemed a loyalist of the deep state.

I wish I was making any of this up.

EDIT: the last thing I'm going to mention that the Q thing definitely has a body count. For example, one kid with mental problems was convinced by Q that satanists were everywhere went and just up and executed A Gambino family mob boss based on the idea that the mob was involved in the satanic child trafficking/murder conspiracy. The shooter's family quickly moved out of the fucking state.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/06/nyregion/gambino-shooting-anthony-comello-qanon.html

This is why it's especially dangerous. You have these truly unhinged people believing that actual Ultimate Evil is lurking around every corner. Hopefully not, but it may be just a matter of time before there are further killings or attacks. Two men with Q stickers on their car were caught with loaded guns driving to the vote counting in Philly, after someone tipped off the FBI.

EDIT: last point, back to the tripcode thing. Q is apparently a military intelligence genius yet he can't generate a digital signature without using a website that has that baked in for him. So the whole saving the world thing took a 3 month hiatus in 2018 because the site he was using got taken down. The thing is, just by genning his own digital signatures with easily available free software, Q could have posted literally anywhere with the same authentication that he got from using the built in tripcode system on 8chan, no need for this "only 8chan posts are the real posts" thing. The original creator of 8chan made this point, that the actual Q is a technological illiterate. He also suspects the current 8chan/kun head of being the current guy, since Q is what is basically keeping his business alive at this point, and that guy is also a technological illiterate who had to bring the original 8chan person back because they didn't know how anything works.

This is relevant because there are actual congressional candidates running on a Q platform already.
https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/qanon-cong-candidates/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-04/us-election-2020-marjorie-taylor-greene-wins-seat-of-georgia/12847590

Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene, who endorsed QAnon, wins uncontested seat of Georgia in US election

Ms Greene has claimed in online videos that black and Hispanic men are being held back by "gangs and dealing drugs", alleged an "Islamic invasion" of government offices, and accused Jewish billionaire George Soros of collaborating with Nazis.

She has also embraced QAnon, a far-right US conspiracy theory centred around the debunked belief that Mr Trump is fighting a secret campaign against "deep state" enemies and a child sex trafficking ring of satanic paedophiles and cannibals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/us/politics/colorado-election-Lauren-Boebert.html

Yeah I thought I really should add this now that I found it, you have actual QAnons in federal government already.

This lady is the Republican's response to AOC. Crazy lady frothing about stopping the satan worshipping cannibal baby-eaters.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 12:29:59 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 2786 2787 [2788] 2789 2790 ... 3567