Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2721 2722 [2723] 2724 2725 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226281 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40830 on: October 25, 2020, 08:54:08 am »

I mean, my vote is still biden cause I think trump's incest and probably pedo stuff on the island (and probably his daughter) is EQUALLY messed up. But it seems the same doesn't apply if its a democrat. Where is the anger toward hunter and what was on his laptop?
Probaly because the entire conspiracy is based on us trusting the word of a man who was caught fondling himself to a young actress playing a conservative reporter, and unlike literally his entire story, we have proof of that. But let's investigate this story anyway

Hunter Biden, who lives in Los Angeles, decides to fly 3000 miles across country, to drop off 3 MacBook Pros at a repair shop run by a blind guy who charges the insanely low price of $85.

He gets off the plane and drunk drives to the repair shop

(because there aren't repair shops in LA). He drops them off, signs a contract for repair and then disappears. The repair shop owner recovers and reads Hunter's private emails, a few of which mention a possible meeting with his dad and is so alarmed, he contacts the FBI.

The FBI arranges to pick up the hard drives, but the computer repair shop owner takes a totally normal step of copying them. Once he realizes the FBI isn't doing anything with them, he calls up the most credible ex-Mayor on Earth and hands them the contents of these drives.

That totally credible ex-Mayor sits on them for months, then chooses to release them 3 weeks before the election. The mainstream media asks to independently verify their validity but said ex-Mayor does what all people trying to prove facts do and ignores these requests.

Is this how stupid we are now?

No one who does data recovery would read through thousands of personal emails, even if the computer is abandoned. You'd just wipe the drives clean and sell the computers used.
If these emails were as alarming as it's being pushed, Giuliani wouldn't have sat on them for months.

And if Giuliani wanted to prove their validity, he'd turn them over to forensic experts.
src

This is already a ridiculous fucking story based purely on what Giuliani himself claimed happened, but to add on: Instead of publishing any of these alleged emails or handing them over to media expert, he went to only the best and most reliable newspaper he could find, the New York Post: a right-wing rag best know for outrageous headlines ("Headless body found in topless bars" and approximately zero fucking else of quality (is it time to mention even I have been in institutions smeared by lies from the Post? And that it was school? And they were still prowling for stories for years after, prompting the school to warn underage students not to speak to reporters? This is not a credible institution). Even fox news passed over the story for credibility concerns.

Giuliani continued to take the totally normal step of drip-dropping us pictures of it instead of actual emails from it, prior to giving it to the post. He finally gave it to the Deleware police... who sent it to the FBI, the same FBI run by the Trump Administration who haven't done anything about it.  ???

The alleged relationship with a minor has been denied by the minor in question, and their family; the latter of whom confirmed they'd be out for blood if these claims were true.

I could go on but honestly why would I. It's an attempt by trump's lawyer to astroturf a scandal involving emails because they don't understand why they won in 2016 and think it was because of the emails part, so like superstitious cavemen or sports fans convinced the solution is to repeat the circumstances of the first time (aha I was wearing this fur outfit and it rained/we won, therefore if I wear it again and make the same prayers it should happen again!).

This thread is rather disappointing.
I for one am disappointed in you derailing the thread about "BUT HIS EMAILS" when I was trying to steer it to the apocalyptic surge we're facing right now and the possibility that at least here we may have a second lockdown, and disappointed your main reason for voting against trump is his variety of unsavory tendencies towards children, and not, say, that he has the blood of 224,000 Americans on his very large, really the biggest hands.

I mean again, assuming for a minute these allegations were true, Biden's children are still far behind in the "subhuman garbage" competition compared to Trump's:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:56:53 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40831 on: October 25, 2020, 09:09:04 am »

There won’t be a second lockdown. The first showed that the US safety net is so threadbare that it didn’t stop shit, and congress had to pass a bill giving adult citizens and legal residents $1200 each, as though that would solve anything.

Never mind everybody getting up in arms about the economy (because the bottom line is more important than saving lives) and people still thinking this is a hoax, or the vaccine will fix everything, or that wearing a mask is the most significant civil rights violation since slavery, or that it’s just the ‘flu because Trump had it for three days and still worked through it or whatever.

It hasn’t been taken seriously enough for nearly 8 months, that won’t change now, especially when it can be excused as being respiratory disease season.

It is inevitable. It is terrifying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40832 on: October 25, 2020, 10:17:11 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:01:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40833 on: October 25, 2020, 11:04:19 am »

Yeah,  sleeping on it and I don't see why some are making a big deal about hunter and the laptop when it has nothing to do with biden himself. Its nowhere near what trump has done and been accused of, trump himself is president. Where as, if that is the best they got on "biden", then biden actually comes out looking pretty clean and good and I'm happier with my vote. Still very much wish it was bernie, but hey at least harris is good as VP that was a super smart choice. Plus yeah, biden actually looks like a father figure in the text exchange really wanting to help his son. Trump would throw his own son under the bus in the same situation.

I suppose the main disappointment last night came from my friend more than my family. Maybe he ended up going to those fringe sites and getting sucked into it, I dunno.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40834 on: October 25, 2020, 12:12:35 pm »

Well, as concerns the "Made copies" angle, creating a disk image of a failing drive, and then doing high-level recovery from the resulting image kinda *IS* a standard practice.  There are reasons for doing it that way:

1), if the physical device has mechanical failure due to a physical defect, then the actuation of the read head can further damage the media, resulting in greater problems.  Reading the entire drive in a smooth, even keel will get you enough of the data (even with read errors) to be able to do high level filesystem recovery in most cases.

2), If this is for legal reasons, you want to keep the source volume as unmolested as possible-- while you can do filesystem restoration operations on your produced disk image after mounting it as a virtual volume.

So, the creation of disk image files is not really something I have any issue with.  The "Drove all the way to timbuktu for no discernable reason, to have a specific repair shop work on the thing" is much harder to swallow. 

Still, the only way to know that you have succeeded in recovering a client's email database (such as their outlook inbox, which stores such a thing locally), is to attempt to load the recovered data, and see if the software recognizes it.  That means seeing at least a small sampling of the contents, just to verify restoration. (even if that's just a bunch of subject lines.)  A properly prudent repair person will totally ignore anything they find, because whatever sordid shit people email to each other really is not that person's business.

Having had to recover some pretty sordid shit for customers before (No, I will not elaborate), and then verify that the recovery was successful (because they insisted, and were adamant about getting that filth back), I have seen things that cannot be unseen, and no, because it is none of my motherfucking business what people do with their time and equipment, I won't share any grisly details.  Getting unwanted passive exposure is totally a thing that can happen if you are going the extra mile to assure that the data that you recovered is actually viable, and you can attest to the customer that the data recovered is viable (and where appropriate, what data you recovered is not, or is only partial and how much.)

The key thing here is that the FBI is supposedly in possession of the ORIGINAL hard disks.  This means that the FBI has files, and chain of custody documentation, for a set of hard disks from this event.  That means that people in the press have sufficient information to file a FOIA request, and get a formal statement from the FBI that could confirm or deny the story.

Since no such FOIA has been produced, and no "Yes, we have hard disks related to this incident in our evidence holding area" from the FBI, that means the story's credibility is pretty poor.  Chain of custody must be protected, otherwise you end up with "Fruit of the poisonous tree" problems. 

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40835 on: October 25, 2020, 12:20:23 pm »

Understandable. Plenty of good reasons to be upset with things, emails are not one of them at this point.
There won’t be a second lockdown.
Not nationally no, at least unless things get about an order of magnitude worse than they are.

Now locally though, I'm under no illusions that our governor or mayor want to pull the trigger, but no one wants a repeat of April. On the other hand I've had contacts at the local hospital confide in my family that they (meaning the hospital as a whole including its subdivisions and other facilities) is about a billion in debt, largely because everything else was put on hold and the elective (and pseudoelective, like getting a bridge over a denture) was put on hold and even after lockdown people are scared. On the other otherhand everyone who stepped foot in the emergency ward has ptsd.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40836 on: October 25, 2020, 12:34:56 pm »

The big deal about the laptop thing is that it alleges that Joe had spoken to Hunter about his dealings, in contrast to his earlier denial. It wouldn't be news if it was just about Hunter.

This photo allegedly shows Hunter and Joe along side one of Hunter's alleged business partners from Kazakhstan. There was also photo shown back during the impeachment hearing showing Joe and Hunter playing golf along with Hunter's confirmed Burisma (the Ukrainian energy company) business partner, Devon Archer.

Evidently, the laptop was subpoenaed by the FBI regarding money laundering.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40837 on: October 25, 2020, 12:44:54 pm »

My first instinct upon hearing the way the laptop was obtained was that somebody had probably stolen Hunter's laptop, then tried to set up a series of events that would allow it to be legally obtained by the FBI.

I've heard that the signature for the repair does match Hunter's, though. Allegedly, Hunter's lawyers have asked for the laptop.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:49:07 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40838 on: October 25, 2020, 12:47:51 pm »

Really, the smoking gun would be an official FOIA response from the FBI, attesting that they did in fact collect hard disks related to this incident, but cannot make any further comment, due to an ongoing investigation.

That would tell you that the most dubious part of the story (Hunter Biden drove all over hell's half acre to deliver the laptop to a mom&Pop computer repair place) is confirmed, and greatly improve the integrity of the story by giving some needed confirmation with a paper trail. (the FBI's).

As is, this story has "smear campaign" all over it. 

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40839 on: October 25, 2020, 12:50:11 pm »

FBI seems to like to drag their feet on FOIA requests, though.

Senate intel committee (well, the Republican side of it) is also asking them about it, I think, and why they weren't notified of it during Trump's impeachment.

As to the timing of the laptop story being released, it did follow just after a Republican Senate report on Hunter Biden (which I'm presuming didn't mention the laptop.) I'm sure being just before election was definitely a major motivation, though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 01:21:44 pm by Bumber »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40840 on: October 25, 2020, 01:21:54 pm »

For all we know, FBI might have taken the laptop and are in the process of investigating Giuliani over it.

There's simply not enough info to make any conclusions over it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40841 on: October 25, 2020, 01:24:25 pm »

You'd think the media would show more interest in investigating that, then.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40842 on: October 25, 2020, 01:26:56 pm »

Only if you believe tabloids are real media.

Why did the media never cover this? You'd think they'd be interested in it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40843 on: October 25, 2020, 01:29:17 pm »

Because the WWN had it all wrong.

Hillary *IS* the alien, and it was really just a minor domestic dispute.  She was reminding bill that she needed delicious child brain juices to sustain her youthful appearance, and he was totally against the negative optics that would have.

Fastforward to today, and you can see how badly that turned out for Hillary.

/Qtard bullshit

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40844 on: October 25, 2020, 01:45:05 pm »

There’s a lot on that page to unpack.

Jay Leno discussing it with “Hill” on her show.

A picture of a frowning Bill with a black eye, presumably doctored for both?

The alien, sure.

But the top line says “Bonus Inside: Get a Sex Change - Free!” which is the thing I’d actually read the paper for. Like, that’s a very niche market I would imagine to target as new readers, and it’s a bizarre way of drawing that market to your paper.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 2721 2722 [2723] 2724 2725 ... 3566